PDA

View Full Version : My guess: Tancredo, upon exit, will endorse Paul

jj111
10-04-2007, 08:20 PM
My guess: Tancredo, upon exit, will endorse Paul

Ron Paul was asked today by Wolf Blitzer who he liked best in GOP field other than himself. Ron Paul said he was close friends with Tancredo, they attend Ron's Liberty Caucus together, and in fact Ron had had lunch with Tancredo today.

I think with that nice word about Tancredo by Paul, the fact they are close friends, the fact they had lunch together today, all that leads me to guess that Tancredo, when he finally bows out of this race, will endorse Ron Paul.

Wolf Blitzer Interviews Ron Paul on CNN (8.5 stars) 2007 Oct 4 (6 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpUKcBAQ_4Y&mode=user&search=

5 minutes into the interview, Ron Paul mentions Tancredo.

BW4Paul
10-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Agreed. Cheers!

hard@work
10-04-2007, 08:25 PM
I hope so. Cox too.

OptionsTrader
10-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Absolutely.

voortrekker
10-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Agreed too, but their opposite stance on foreign policy perplexes me that they are lunch time friends.:rolleyes:

TheIndependent
10-04-2007, 08:28 PM
I think Cox is a bit too confused himself to endorse anyone with any meaningful effect.

erowe1
10-04-2007, 08:29 PM
I hope so. Cox too.

An endorsement from Cox would be almost as good as an endorsement from the mayor of an unheard of town in Alaska with a population of 80.

USPatriot36
10-04-2007, 08:29 PM
The foreign policy differences will prevent Tancredo from endorsing Ron Paul.

d991
10-04-2007, 08:31 PM
An endorsement from Cox would be almost as good as an endorsement from the mayor of an unheard of town in Alaska with a population of 80.

haha, every little bit counts!

Johncjackson
10-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Tancredo spends a lot of time talking about bombing people and scapegoating immigrants. A couple of major issues Paul treats differently. I know they are friends. I am just wondering when it comes endorsement time if Republicans who say "'The War on Terra" and bombing Muslims are the # 1 issue will support the guy who says Pre-emptive War is the biggest moral problem of our time ( and speaks truth on the human level without scapegoating).

There are a lot of RLC and LP types who are hawkish social-cons and only really agree on economic issues.

Taco John
10-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Dammit, I didn't see this thread...

theseus51
10-04-2007, 08:35 PM
The conversation at that lunch must've been really interesting.

lx43
10-04-2007, 08:38 PM
I hope he does. Every little bit helps. One small step at a time.

Spirit of '76
10-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Agreed too, but their opposite stance on foreign policy perplexes me that they are lunch time friends.:rolleyes:

I have friends with whom I have differences of opinion on many matters, including foreign policy.

Sometimes I even join them for lunch.

BW4Paul
10-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I have friends with whom I have differences of opinion on many matters, including foreign policy.

Yes, I had the same thought.

It's a good idea to hang out with people different than you. Sometimes, you can even convince them that you are right. :p

Bradley in DC
10-04-2007, 08:42 PM

Cox can get bridges put in the federal budget? :p

quickmike
10-04-2007, 08:43 PM
The conversation at that lunch must've been really interesting.

Heres probably how it went down:

Ron: Hey buddy, I have an Idea

Tom: Whats that?

Ron: Lets make a deal. If I drop out first, I will endorse you. If YOU drop out first, you endorse me. Whadda ya say buddy?

Tom: Man, thats not really fair. You have tons of cash...over 5 million last I heard!!!!!! I have like FIFTY BUCKS LEFT!!!!

Ron: Yeah thats true, but you know whats worse than that Tom?

Tom: WHAT???

Ron: Its your turn to buy lunch!!!!!!

lx43
10-04-2007, 08:44 PM
The question I have is lets say he does endorse Paul could he then give him whats left of his donations.

Also, I really wish the LP party would endose him too and help in anyway they can. I see this as an investment in their future. The better RP does the better they will do in the future. Esp when he becomes president.

President Paul has such a ring to it. :D

Bradley in DC
10-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Dammit, I didn't see this thread...

I closed yours after reading your second comment, if that was out of place, let one of the moderators know and we'll unlock it. :confused:

Bradley in DC
10-04-2007, 08:46 PM
As Dr. Paul explained on CNN today, Tancredo is part of Dr. Paul's Liberty Caucus. Dr. Paul is part of Tancredo's immigration caucus. In the debate (first one?), Tancredo said he opposed a National ID for the same reasons as "his friend Dr. Paul" or something to that effect.

Tancredo is running for re-election to the House.

V4Vendetta
10-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Tancredo, Hunter, Cox, Keys, Huckabee

They should all endorse Ron Paul.

If that happens, Then Ron Paul will definately get elected

quickmike
10-04-2007, 08:52 PM

Keyes, Hunter and Huckster would never endorse Ron.

They are all for bigger government in just about all areas. Maybe not so much Keyes, but hes still a big "gotta fight them over there so we dont have to fight them here" guy.

Id say the only possibility is Tancredo.

Phil M
10-04-2007, 08:56 PM

Definitely not Keyes. It's hard enough having David Duke on board.

itsnobody
10-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Don't count on it...

UCFGavin
10-04-2007, 09:14 PM
i think tancredo will come out and say that paul is the closest to his views on illegal immigrants and put his support behind him.

McDermit
10-04-2007, 09:23 PM
It would be awesome if Tancredo endorses Paul.

Someone from HQ said that Tancredo would be bowing out before the month is up.

JPFromTally
10-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Didn't Tancredo argue to let Paul in that Tax Forum Debate a few months back?

Corydoras
10-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Didn't Tancredo argue to let Paul in that Tax Forum Debate a few months back?

Yes, he was the one.

Original_Intent
10-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I wonder who picked up the tab?

I wonder if any VP talk was broached?

What I wouldn't have given to have been a fly on that wall!

OptionsTrader
10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I actually think that Huckabee could endorse Paul.

I don't think Huckabee is a staunch neocon, he is just misguided.

Original_Intent
10-04-2007, 09:48 PM
It would be awesome if Tancredo endorses Paul.

Someone from HQ said that Tancredo would be bowing out before the month is up.

I doubt Tancredo bows out that quick, didn't he just file for Federal matching funds?

unconsious767
10-04-2007, 09:49 PM
As Dr. Paul explained on CNN today, Tancredo is part of Dr. Paul's Liberty Caucus. Dr. Paul is part of Tancredo's immigration caucus. In the debate (first one?), Tancredo said he opposed a National ID for the same reasons as "his friend Dr. Paul" or something to that effect.

Tancredo is running for re-election to the House.

They've drafted legislation together, e.g the We the People Act (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.R.5739:)

Pizza God
10-04-2007, 10:01 PM
I don't think it will happen, but it would be VERY cool. I can't get my NEO-CON dad to get past the war issue.

When I told him Tancredo was my 2nd favorite, he laughed and said, funny you would say that, he is the only candidate I have sent money to.

COME ON TOM, GIVE ME SOMETHING TO HOLD OVER MY DAD.

Fred McRomliani
10-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Tom Tacredo is a genuinely good man.

Corydoras
10-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Maybe Bay Buchanan can get him to back Paul!

Omnis
10-04-2007, 10:45 PM
I hope so. Cox too.

You mean, "Also Cox." :D

If you go look at the videos, Cox was nodding his head to RP every time he spoke during the ValuesVoters debate. If Cox is going to endorse anyone, I'd bet it's Dr. Paul.

Man from La Mancha
10-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Unfortunately any republican congressman could be jeopardizing their job with the NWO people by supporting Ron.

james1906
10-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Tancredo has let his differences with Bush be well known. He's not going to endorse one of the establishment hacks. In a lot of ways, Tancredo is the isolationist of the candidates. He's not going to back someone with a globalist agenda.

DeadheadForPaul
10-04-2007, 11:21 PM

None of my friends are neocons (unless they're closet neocons!) but i do have some very left-wing friends and sometimes I even eat lunch with them too ;)

Perry
10-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Pauls only problem is that he is such a nice guy. he is probably the only candidate in either party that would even consider answering that question. The only reason he answered is because he doesn't like to be rude.

Hope
10-05-2007, 12:01 AM
You can tell Tom and Ron are friends. It was what, the second debate when Tom called RP his friend, said he respected him but he couldn't disagree more on the war?

I wouldn't be surprised if he endorsed Ron Paul. He knows the other guys can't be held to their word, not that they're promising much anyway.

BW4Paul
10-05-2007, 12:31 AM
totally lets bomb Mecca, maybe non muslims dont feel that offended to it. but believe me that muslim community talks, and tancredo is defintley out, so is guliani with his advisor saying theres to many mosques in america.... lets have paul be like that to wooo.
Dr. Paul certainly doesn't want to bomb Mecca-- heck, he doesn't want to be involved militarily in that part of the world at all! Rather, I think he said "Tancredo" because he senses that Tancredo has some latent liberty-loving tendencies, as evidenced by his willingness to join Paul at lunch.

Now unfortunately, Tancredo does not appear to extend these liberty-loving tendencies to the people in Mecca. :( But that certainly doesn't mean that Paul agrees with his foreign policy!

james1906
10-05-2007, 12:52 AM
I think Tancredo's been drinking the punch, not serving it like the rest of them. I wonder what they talked about over lunch.

tfelice
10-05-2007, 06:01 AM
Ok here's my prediction:

Brownback: stays in much longer than he should. Endorses Romney
Rudy: doesn't drop out till the end. Endorsement is meaningless.
Huckabee: stays in till Super Tuesday. Endorses a fellow Evangelical Christian, Ron Paul.
Keyes. Like Brownback stays in far too long. Endorsement is meaningless.
McCain: drops after IA/NH or before due to lack of funds. Waits on endorsing and by the time he does it's meaningless.
Romney: see Rudy
Tancredo: Drops out sooner rather than later. Endorses Paul and works his butt of for him.

As I see it, by Super Teusday, it will come down to Thompson vs Paul. Neo-con vs Old Right. It's going to be close, but will be a battle for the heart and soul of this country. I pray that the country gets it right this time.

Johnnybags
10-05-2007, 06:30 AM
he looks at him admirably at the debates as he speaks and has said numerous times that even though he does not agree on everything, that do not go for the status quo candidates and that if you really believe in another candidate, vote for him. I just wish he would walk off a FOX debate floor in the middle of a Ron Paul attack, tip his hat and endorse him on national TV. There is a place in an administration for Tancredo. It would be a big boost. Obviously, Paul is the only candidate speaking truth to power which can be extremely dangerous. Tancredo admires that.

wgadget
10-05-2007, 06:33 AM
Ok here's my prediction:

Brownback: stays in much longer than he should. Endorses Romney
Rudy: doesn't drop out till the end. Endorsement is meaningless.
Huckabee: stays in till Super Tuesday. Endorses a fellow Evangelical Christian, Ron Paul.
Keyes. Like Brownback stays in far too long. Endorsement is meaningless.
McCain: drops after IA/NH or before due to lack of funds. Waits on endorsing and by the time he does it's meaningless.
Romney: see Rudy
Tancredo: Drops out sooner rather than later. Endorses Paul and works his butt of for him.

As I see it, by Super Teusday, it will come down to Thompson vs Paul. Neo-con vs Old Right. It's going to be close, but will be a battle for the heart and soul of this country. I pray that the country gets it right this time.

THOMPSON??

You mean the guy that has to wake up his audience before he asks them to clap for him? That Thompson?

georgia_tech_swagger
10-05-2007, 06:35 AM
I hope so. Cox too.

If that isn't a YTMND, it should be.

tfelice
10-05-2007, 06:42 AM
THOMPSON??

You mean the guy that has to wake up his audience before he asks them to clap for him? That Thompson?

Yeah I think Rudy's numbers are way overblown. Believe me though, I would love to see it come down to Paul vs Rudy. Paul wins big then.

To add, I see things this way:
Brownback, Hunter, Keyes, Cox & Tancredo have about 5% total combined. Huckabee is probably good for 3% depending on what state he is in. McCain is at best 8%. So that totals about 16%.

You are going to have a three way split between Mitt, Rudy & Thompson. So Paul only needs around 25% to be able to carry a state. Considering the anit-war Republicans, and the crossover voters that number is attainable.

After you get thru the early states then things change of course, since a 1st place showing by Paul in just a few of the contests prior to Florida, will vault him to the front page of every paper in this country.