PDA

View Full Version : Race Riots hit Southern Italy

bobbyw24
01-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Din think this could ever happen in a Western nation inthiese days of tolerance

Hundreds of migrant workers, most of them Africans, went on a rampage in a southern Italian town in a second day of rioting, with authorities reporting at least 37 injured, including 18 police officers and five migrants.

Violence flared throughout Friday in Rosarno, a town near the western coast of Calabria in the toe of the Italian peninsula. Police reinforcements were sent to the area, and the interior ministry created a task force to deal with the violence.

The rioting began after two men, one from Nigeria, the other from Togo, were wounded by pellet fire on Thursday. Migrants blamed racism, and protesters stoned police, attacked residents and smashed shop windows and cars.

Last night the violence was subsiding and the authorities bussed hundreds of migrants away from the town while others left by car or train, some leaving without collecting their wages. But about half the 1,000 or so migrants involved chose to stay, many of them setting up camp in an abandoned former cheese factory on the edge of town.

On Friday, more people, mostly from African nations and some armed with metal bars or wooden sticks, scuffled with police and residents in Rosarno. Among the residents arrested was one who tried to run over a migrant with a bulldozer and another who was taken into custody after driving at a migrant with a car.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/race-riots-erupt-in-calabria-1863282.html

SelfTaught
01-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Savages! I wouldn't be surprised if some mexicans did the same thing here in the states.

bobbyw24
01-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Savages! I wouldn't be surprised if some mexicans did the same thing here in the states.

I didn't think about that--thanks for the heads-up.

apropos
01-10-2010, 08:50 AM
"Suppose twenty millions of republican Americans thrown all of a sudden into France, what would be the condition of that kingdom? If it would be more turbulent, less happy, less strong, we may believe that the addition of half a million of foreigners to our present numbers would produce a similar effect here."

Thomas Jefferson

lynnf
01-10-2010, 09:26 AM

Hundreds of migrant workers, most of them Africans, went on a rampage in a southern Italian town in a second day of rioting, with authorities reporting at least 37 injured, including 18 police officers and five migrants.

Violence flared throughout Friday in Rosarno, a town near the western coast of Calabria in the toe of the Italian peninsula. Police reinforcements were sent to the area, and the interior ministry created a task force to deal with the violence.

The rioting began after two men, one from Nigeria, the other from Togo, were wounded by pellet fire on Thursday. Migrants blamed racism, and protesters stoned police, attacked residents and smashed shop windows and cars.

Last night the violence was subsiding and the authorities bussed hundreds of migrants away from the town while others left by car or train, some leaving without collecting their wages. But about half the 1,000 or so migrants involved chose to stay, many of them setting up camp in an abandoned former cheese factory on the edge of town.

On Friday, more people, mostly from African nations and some armed with metal bars or wooden sticks, scuffled with police and residents in Rosarno. Among the residents arrested was one who tried to run over a migrant with a bulldozer and another who was taken into custody after driving at a migrant with a car.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/race-riots-erupt-in-calabria-1863282.html

are you kidding? tolerance is a requirement for us, not the illegals/"migrants"

lynn

bobbyw24
01-10-2010, 09:27 AM
are you kidding? tolerance is a requirement for us, not the illegals/"migrants"

lynn

That's right-Tolerance and Diversity are often one-way streets

JustinTime
01-10-2010, 11:14 AM
If you go somewhere to make a new home, you often go with hopes the streets are paved with gold, and a certain amount of dissappointment is inveitable.

If you are so unhappy with your new home that you will riot, why not just move back?

MsDoodahs
01-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Have Italians already been disarmed?

Mike4Freedom
01-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Have Italians already been disarmed?

No. They dont have anything in thier constitution about having guns. There is a law that allows them to have guns with a license.

They should need no law as to have a firearm is a natural right.

They are more restricted though. It is very hard to get a concealed carry permit in Italy. I imagine it is going to get worse their though.

I was the first person in my family to be born here in the US. In Italy things are getting bad. Unemployment keeps going up with no ned in sight.

I also would not mind if Illegal immigrants rioted in the US. Good luck trying to pull that crap in texas.

revolutionisnow
01-10-2010, 01:32 PM
YouTube - Illegal Immigrants Riot in Italy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGhpdasbnPw)

bobbyw24
01-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Welcome to our country; we're very glad you came.

BlackTerrel
01-10-2010, 07:03 PM

The thing is that Italy is not tolerant at all. Juventus fans make monkey noises every time the black player touches the ball (this is very common in Italy and Spain)

YouTube - Mario Balotelli - Racist jungle noises from Juventus fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgm__BPqE_E)

bobbyw24
01-10-2010, 07:09 PM
The thing is that Italy is not tolerant at all. Juventus fans make monkey noises every time the black player touches the ball (this is very common in Italy and Spain)

YouTube - Mario Balotelli - Racist jungle noises from Juventus fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgm__BPqE_E)

Hmm. Didn't know that. The Calabrazze I know in America hate racial prejudice since they were discriminated against in Italy (and the USA) as they don't have fair hair/light eyes like the Northern Italians.

Sad that they would act like idiots at soccer games.

revolutionisnow
01-10-2010, 07:35 PM

So we're now judging entire countries on how soccer hooligans act?

YouTube - Soccer Hooligan Mayhem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be-3JH-ocGI)

nobody's_hero
01-10-2010, 07:46 PM
So we're now judging entire countries on how soccer hooligans act?[/url]

Lol. Soccer games are sure to make for bad first impressions if you're traveling abroad.

LibForestPaul
01-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Who are these Italians everyone is talking about? Everybody in Europe is a happy Euian.

LibForestPaul
01-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Nice to see TBTP treat immigrants and their own peons like shit as well.
Nice to see stupid peons going after the wrong class, again.
Great to see dumb asses on this board having the same mentality as the peons listed above!

BlackTerrel
01-10-2010, 07:50 PM
So we're now judging entire countries on how soccer hooligans act?

No. But I think about a million people in Italy go to soccer stadiums every week so it's a decent enough gauge.

It is well known that Italian and Spanish fans are known for hating on anyone who isn't white. And that reflects itself in the general population.

I don't know enough about these particular riots to comment - but it's not shocking that they have these problems.

Dunedain
01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
No. But I think about a million people in Italy go to soccer stadiums every week so it's a decent enough gauge.

It is well known that Italian and Spanish fans are known for hating on anyone who isn't white. And that reflects itself in the general population.

I don't know enough about these particular riots to comment - but it's not shocking that they have these problems.

Terrel...any criticism for black African countries genociding whites (Zimbabwe for instance)? Or do you reserve criticism only for whites?

Dieseler
01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
I'll just be glad when the elite give up on the idea of turning all of Africa into a private game reserve and killing or shipping all of the people that live there somewhere else instead of actually trying to help them prosper in their own countries.

sofia
01-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Europe needs to preserve its racial heritage. If trends continue, the white man will be extinct in the next century and Europe will look like Detroit...a tragedy if that happens

BlackTerrel
01-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Terrel...any criticism for black African countries genociding whites (Zimbabwe for instance)? Or do you reserve criticism only for whites?

Dude. Post something about whites (and blacks) being killed in Zimbabwe and of course I will criticize it. Racism is wrong. Period.

What about you?

BlackTerrel
01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Europe needs to preserve its racial heritage. If trends continue, the white man will be extinct in the next century and Europe will look like Detroit...a tragedy if that happens

Didn't see that one coming...

stilltrying
01-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Tolerance - root Latin
Latin - Tolero - to bear, endure

bobbyw24
01-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Migrants flee Italian town as pope condemns violence

More than 1 000 Africans fled a southern Italian town over the weekend after a wave of violence against migrant farm workers as Pope Benedict XVI condemned the assaults on immigrants.

An investigation was under way to establish whether local organised crime groups were involved in clashes that left 67 people injured in the Calabrian town of Rosarno -- 31 of them migrants, 19 police officers and 17 locals.

Calm was mostly restored on Sunday after two days of unrest.

Police in the regional capital Reggio di Calabria said Sunday 1 128 African migrants had left the Rosarno area, with more than 800 transferred to reception centres in the southern towns of Crotone and Bari.

Pope Benedict XVI spoke out against the two days of violence which erupted on Thursday, saying in his traditional Sunday sermon, "We have to go to the heart of the problem, of the significance of the human being.

"An immigrant is a human being, different in where they came from, in their culture and tradition, but a person to respect who has rights and responsibilities."

"Violence must never be a means to solve difficulties," the pope added.

A Rosarno police officer, speaking on condition of anonymity and referring to the possible involvement of the region's 'Ndrangheta network, one of Italy's most brutal organised crime group, said that "several investigations are under way but they have only just started".

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2010-01-11-migrants-flee-italian-town-as-pope-condemns-violence