PDA

View Full Version : A "Run Ron, Run!" Run

ronpaulhawaii
01-09-2010, 06:38 PM
An idea...

Michael,

After watching Dr. Paul on Anderson Cooper 360 last night, I came up with an idea. Ron stated last night that he hadn't ruled out running for President, but he hasn't decide to run as of yet.

What about helping make that decision for him? Maybe Campaign for Liberty could host a "Run Ron To The White House". We could start the run in Ron's home town and jog all the way to the White House in Washington DC. Hopefully, by showing this type of commitment, it will give Ron the motivation to run again for President.

Prior to the run, the runners could get people to pledge them, which would then be donated to Ron's campaign.

It's an idea. I couldn't arrange anything like this, so I thought I'd pass it up the line to see if those who can, would like the idea and "run" with it.

Yours In Liberty,

Sent via Facebook Mobile

Michael Maresco January 9 at 4:35pm
Cool idea :) - I'll float it on RPFs and see what kind of buzz it gets. CfL could not be officially involved, but... Funds would have to probably best go to a PAC dedicated to Grassroots projects, as well as maxing out to the exploratory committee.

You won't see me running, but I'd certainly help promote...

Thoughts?

rockandrollsouls
01-09-2010, 06:49 PM
It's a creative idea. I just hope it'd be more than that and actually help sway the Dr.'s mind.

tpreitzel
01-09-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm not sure publicity stunts are a good way to encourage Dr. Paul to run. I don't know and I surely don't intend to discourage an event which might encourage him to run. I don't recall Ron's main reason for entering the race in 2008. Personally, I think he needs to see a realistic chance to gain the POTUS in 2012. His purpose of igniting an awareness of liberty was accomplished in 2008. This particular event could still be held, however, but the event needs to be held soon, e.g. by spring.

BuddyRey
01-09-2010, 07:40 PM
I love the idea! Maybe you could run a mile for every voter pledge, to make it extra symbolic. How far is it from Lake Jackson, TX to Washington, DC?

ctiger2
01-09-2010, 09:06 PM
His hearts in the right place but this is Ron's decision to make on his own terms. Way way way too early to announce anyhow. Just relax and see how this unfolds.

speciallyblend
01-09-2010, 10:36 PM
i would support any ideas to help Ron Run!!!!! Ron Paul 2012 or Else, the gop really has no option left for me to vote for!!!

orafi
01-09-2010, 10:45 PM
I would be down but I live at the finish line!! : (

satchelmcqueen
01-10-2010, 01:01 AM
ild love to bike from lake jackson to wash dc for ron. probably cant, but would love to do it.