PDA

View Full Version : What we're seeing in Massachusetts

Flash
01-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Because of the heavy interest we'll try to get our Massachusetts numbers out over the weekend. But because we've already conducted most of the interviews for it here are some of the major storylines we're seeing:

-At this point a plurality of those planning to turn out oppose the health care bill. The massive enthusiasm gap we saw in Virginia is playing itself out in Massachusetts as well. Republican voters are fired up and they're going to turn out. Martha Coakley needs to have a coherent message up on the air over the last ten days that her election is critical to health care passing and Ted Kennedy's legacy- right now Democrats in the state are not feeling a sense of urgency.

-Scott Brown's favorables are up around 60%, a product of his having had the airwaves to himself for the last week. By comparison Bob McDonnell's were at 55% right before his election and Chris Christie's were only at 43%. Coakley's campaign or outside groups need to tie Brown's image to national Republicans and knock him down a notch over the final week of the campaign.

This has become a losable race for Democrats- but it could also be easily winnable if Coakley gets her act together for the last week of the campaign. Complacency is the Democrats' biggest enemy at this point and something that needs to be overcome to avoid a potential disaster.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-were-seeing-in-massachusetts.html

lester1/2jr
01-08-2010, 01:53 PM
my mom is a democrat and is voting for Brown. She is very much a "regular person" not a politics junkie or something. the democrats have very few selling points in recession. they can't seem to adjust their messgae to reality, probably because their only message is more spending for stuff!

Aratus
01-09-2010, 01:54 PM
there was a local springfield 3-way senate tv debate last nite.
if scott brown (R) gains steadily, martha coakley (D) looses,
even if joe kennedy (L) cuts into the totals for scott brown!

ItsTime
01-09-2010, 03:38 PM
what race is this?

erowe1
01-09-2010, 03:39 PM
what race is this?

To replace Ted Kennedy in the Senate.

ItsTime
01-09-2010, 03:40 PM
To replace Ted Kennedy in the Senate.

Thanks I should have known that.

ChaosControl
01-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Brown isn't exactly good, but he'd be a big improvement nonetheless.

lester1/2jr
01-09-2010, 04:49 PM
kennedy voted againt the iraq war. one of the few. I'll give him that and not much else

Koz
01-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I assume Brown is not a defender of the Constitution???

erowe1
01-09-2010, 05:12 PM

All I know is that Romney likes him. And that's all I need to know.

ItsTime
01-09-2010, 05:14 PM
This is one of the states I would not mind just getting an R elected in. It would be a HUGE blow to the dems. States where Rs are going to win, we must make sure they are people like Rand Paul.

RM918
01-09-2010, 05:19 PM

In this case I don't mind. A great strategy as any is to 50/50 it with Dems and Reps, vote against whoever's currently in power so they can't accomplish anything.

speciallyblend
01-09-2010, 05:39 PM
my mom is a democrat and is voting for Brown. She is very much a "regular person" not a politics junkie or something. the democrats have very few selling points in recession. they can't seem to adjust their messgae to reality, probably because their only message is more spending for stuff!

the democrats best ally is the gop leadership!!!

silverhandorder
01-09-2010, 06:10 PM
State where there are 3 to 1 dems i doubt anyone can win this.

Matt Collins
01-23-2010, 02:30 AM
All I know is that Romney likes him. And that's all I need to know.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Campaign%20VI/Toldja.jpg

Liberty Star
01-23-2010, 02:33 AM
kennedy voted againt the iraq war. one of the few. I'll give him that and not much else

He did, but probably because he thought it won't be good for Israel. He was a major aipac tool from what was reported on internets.

lester1/2jr
01-23-2010, 09:05 AM
liberty- that's crazy. to say Israel wanted us to go to war with iraq would be the understatement of the century. They lobbied very heavily for it

YumYum
01-23-2010, 09:16 AM
liberty- that's crazy. to say Israel wanted us to go to war with iraq would be the understatement of the century. They lobbied very heavily for it

According to the book "The Israel Lobby", AIPAC and the neocons forced Bush into going to war with Iraq. Israel wanted Bush to first attack Iran, not Iraq. Israel agreed to us going into Iraq first, but on the condition we next invade Iran. It was assumed that Iraq would go smoothly, but that didn't happen.

Aratus
01-23-2010, 09:27 AM
the local g.o.p could field a strong HOUSE candidates in at least three districts here.
right now in the fifth, in my district, there are three Republicans running, and if i run,
i'd be number four. there are ten districts up here and our Democrats sometimes do
not have challengers and if several upcoming races have no g.o.p challengers again...

lester1/2jr
01-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Yum Yum- the neocons were the ones behind the Iraq war. to say that ted kennedy voted against the iraq war FOR israel is just obviously crazy. "AIPAC and the neocons" and israel are one in the same

nbruno322
01-23-2010, 10:26 AM
http://www.makemymood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/organisedj1.jpg