PDA

View Full Version : A Republican Recruiting Renaissance

Matt Collins
01-08-2010, 12:52 AM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/01/07/a-republican-recruiting-renaissance/

Pauls' Revere
01-08-2010, 02:05 AM
cool video Matt, thanks!

reardenstone
01-08-2010, 02:52 AM
Okay. How do we recruit new Ron Paul Republicans and root out the neocons? This is a numbers game and an ideological game and the ideology needs to move away from a foreign policy of interventionism. We can use grassroots education to reshape the view of foreign policy.

We also need to call out the Republicans who are still friendly to the Fed.

Dieseler
01-08-2010, 03:38 AM
You don't root them out.
You educate and reform them.

reardenstone
01-08-2010, 03:42 AM
You don't root them out.
You educate and reform them.

Educate Newt, Lindsey Graham, and others who are opposed?
How?

Maybe new RP candidates in primaries and new involvement from the younger crowd will win the day.

Dieseler
01-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Educate Newt, Lindsey Graham, and others who are opposed?
How?

Maybe new RP candidates in primaries and new involvement from the younger crowd will win the day.

I was thinking more along the lines of the ones who drop by here and start with a post count of 1.

Dieseler
01-08-2010, 03:52 AM
If I had a nickel for every time I saw a member call another member a Neocon, Racist or Xenophobe I could likely make a full house payment.
Throw in Shill and Troll, I'd likely get three.

Ethek
01-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Any elitism in the liberty movement has to go. A philosophy that is not compatible with liberty makes itself apparent soon enough.

Neocon points are ripped to shreds by liberty principles and arguments of reason. The only thing keeping those points from being thoughtfully considered are if we are a bunch of asses who don't act like we have given a neocon point a thoughtful response when we deliver them.

Neocon points are based on fear and insecurity. Reassure people that what is important to them will be respected and improved under a working constitution and sit back. Most of the time its not an instantaneous pay off.

I say bring em in.

torchbearer
01-08-2010, 09:04 AM
If I had a nickel for every time I saw a member call another member a Neocon, Racist or Xenophobe I could likely make a full house payment.
Throw in Shill and Troll, I'd likely get three.

I believe Xenophobe is more accurate when describing someone who innately dislikes(or fears) anyone who is different that them. It is kinda natural, but its not an excuse.
One person Dune-something, really is a xenophobe. it has nothing to do with mexicans, it has everything to do with everyone who isn't white.
I don't think the word racist entails the reason, whereas, xenophobia describes the cause.
Think of it as a DSM diagnosis. I'm quite accurate in those diagnosis. The last person I outed with a disorder was Sally08. Dementia was a very touchy subject with her.

You may see it as a "personal" attack. But nothing with me is personal unless i know you. If I state your post has xenophobia written all over it- you may want to take a second to examine why you really wrote what you did.
No explanation is every owed to me- but rather to yourself.

Matt Collins
01-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Throw in Shill and Troll, I'd likely get three.Don't forget Godwin's law! ;):p