PDA

View Full Version : input sought: informed supporters

GunnyFreedom
01-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Below is the rough text of a letter that every identifiable supporter in NC will receive. It is based on an idea I have to help re-create the informed electorate phenomena displayed by Ron Paul supporters amongst my supporers in NC. The message is deceptively simple, and despite the overly-simplified face of the plan, believe that it will lead to deeper knowledge despite the simple instructions.

I am asking for your help to add to, simplify, or remove bullet points in the list.

Expect bumpification for various crowds... Thanks!

Message pasted below:

Supporter talking points.

Very little is more embarrassing than watching the recent proliferation of YouTube videos where reporters go and interview a candidate's supporters, and when asked important questions like "why do you support this candidate" or "what policies of this candidate do you like" the supporter responds with a blank stare.

This has not been an issue in the Glen Bradley for NC State House campaign, and in order to prevent it from ever becoming an issue, the following list of bullet points will provide ready answers if and when such a question might arise.

Pick 5 to 7 of your favorite issues below, and memorize those talking points. Then, if you are every interviewed and asked the question of "Why do you support Glen Bradley" then you will have answers ready at the tip of your tongue!

Glen Bradley will --

Demand less government interference in the lives of citizens
Control spending and the budget
Lower taxes
Reign in State and federal governments to their Constitutional boundaries
Restore the Constitutional Order
Protect North Carolina from federal overreach
Stop special interest influence
Stop government corruption
Fight for fair unbiased nonpartisan redistricting
Give the citizens more voice and influence in government
Preserve and expand the right to bear arms
Restore parental choice and control in education
Protect our citizen's health care freedom

RBS51
01-07-2010, 11:26 PM
In the Palin book signing video I just watched the people gave bullet points, then the interviewer asked them to elaborate and they couldn't... Are you going to also include a short position statement on each point?

angelatc
01-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Very little is more embarrassing than watching the recent proliferation of YouTube videos where reporters go and interview a candidate's supporters, and when asked important questions like "why do you support this candidate" or "what policies of this candidate do you like" the supporter responds with a blank stare.

English majors - check this out. I think this is wrong - it switches from plural to singular, does it not?

I think it could read smoother, but I'll be damned if I can do better. I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours .

GunnyFreedom
01-08-2010, 03:53 AM
In the Palin book signing video I just watched the people gave bullet points, then the interviewer asked them to elaborate and they couldn't... Are you going to also include a short position statement on each point?

Well,I am counting on my supporters being more like RP supporters than Palin supporters -- IE they can expand the bullets themselves. Although I can probably add that somewhere.

GunnyFreedom
01-08-2010, 03:54 AM
English majors - check this out. I think this is wrong - it switches from plural to singular, does it not?

I think it could read smoother, but I'll be damned if I can do better. I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours .

I can maybey change the phrase on the end to "a given supporter" or "these supporters"