PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party organization in Nashville is "for-profit"

Matt Collins
01-07-2010, 04:51 PM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/01/07/the-people-dont-have-a-grand-to-drop-on-the-tea-party-convention/

LittleLightShining
01-07-2010, 04:52 PM
nevermind... been up since 2am and my eyes are playing tricks on me.

constituent
01-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Mary Mancini says the tea party nation is a corporate-manufactured for-profit enterprise:
So just how cost prohibitive is attending the National Tea Party Convention for the rant, er, I mean rank and file (who, we are assured, are more than welcome to attend)? Well, in this economy do you have $1000.00 bucks to blow on a ticket to the convention and three nights at the Opryland Hotel?

No? No worries. Just send someone who’s better than you. Movement of “the people,” my patootie. This has been a corporate-fueled manufactured mob from the very beginning.

save you a click.

i agree w/ the final sentence of the post, btw.

kathy88
01-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Constituent, it only became a corporate-fueled manufactured mob when the MSM got a hold of it and the talk show guys started backing it. At it's inception I think it was genuine. Our mistake was playing well with others, and not screaming from the rooftops when the intent and pupose was initially derailed. It's been distorted and bastardized beyond recognition now.

revolutionisnow
01-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Easiest way to control dissent is to lead it.....