PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr: Critics of Obama way off base on this one

Bruno
01-07-2010, 12:01 PM
ht tp://blogs.ajc.com/bob-barr-blog/2010/01/07/time-to-give-obama-a-break/

Critics of Obama way off base on this one
6:00 am January 7, 2010, by Bob Barr

Yes — the not-so-bright, would-be terrorist from Nigeria got though international and domestic security mechanisms supposed to have stopped him long before the jerk lit his underwear afire before landing in Detroit. And yes — the incident happened during the administration of President Barack Obama. But the sniping at the president by Republicans, including former Vice President Cheney, and by conservative radio and TV commentators, borders on — if not passing into — asinine.

The criticism has included such childishness as blasting Obama for waiting a few days before making a national speech on the incident. For heaven’s sake, the president was briefed on the incident from the moment it occured; he made statements almost immediately indicating his concern and that he was being regularly briefed; he took time to gather the facts and meet with his national security team; and then he appeared publicly to give a rational, measured, but hard-hitting response. And for this, a former vice president criticizes him.

Partisanship truly has pervasively infected our political system when a reasonable, measured, factual, timely and substantive response by a president to a single security incident — the roots of which clearly indicate long-simmering problems that predated his tenure in office — is publicly blasted as irresponsible. In point of fact, those levelling such counterproductive attacks are the ones engaging in irresponsible behavior.

Danke
01-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Bob who?

Bruno
01-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Bob who?

Bob who wants to think he is relevant again

Danke
01-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Bob who wants to think he is relevant again

:D

brandon
01-07-2010, 12:19 PM
lmao.

did not read.

do not care.

Endgame
01-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Bob who?

Exactly. Screw him and screw the LP.

Kludge
01-07-2010, 12:23 PM

Oh ffs, this place is useless.

jmdrake
01-07-2010, 12:27 PM

I wouldn't dismiss an entire party over one bad presidential nominee. If so then screw them all.

Danke
01-07-2010, 12:29 PM

You're still upset about this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=225344&highlight=

Oh ffs, get over it.

jmdrake
01-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Let's not forget that Bob Barr endorsed Obama's gun grabbing attorney general Eric Holder. Makes me that much happier that I instead voted for Chuck Baldwin. :D That said Dick Cheney is a complete moron. But Ron Paul already told the world that. We don't need any help from Barr.

Endgame
01-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Isn't this guy for the drugs war? That's just pathetic that the LP let him run (like it matters, we accomplished more with the RP campaign than they did in 30 years).

Brian4Liberty
01-07-2010, 12:31 PM
I agree with Bob on this. All of the pundits (like Cheney, Crowley, etc) who make a big fuss about the President making a speech about damn near everything are idiots. What is this need to have an authority figure constantly comfort and command them?

pahs1994
01-07-2010, 12:36 PM
I agree with Bob on this. All of the pundits (like Cheney, Crowley, etc) who make a big fuss about the President making a speech about damn near everything are idiots. What is this need to have an authority figure constantly comfort and command them?

He is right. they need to attack his flawed policies. Not that he waited a few days to make a speech or doesn't wear a flag pin or whatever. Politicians act worse than children in the 4th grade.

Elwar
01-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Bob Barr just wants the pundits to shut up...much like he made the vote counters in DC shut up instead of letting them announce that marijuana had been legalized.

MsDoodahs
01-07-2010, 12:53 PM

oh ffs, the LP is useless.

:p

SevenEyedJeff
01-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Bob Barr has already been discredited as far as the liberty movement is concerned imo. He did that when he blew off Nader, Paul, Baldwin and McKinney, in the runup to the last presidential election, by not showing up with the rest of them at a major press conference. He was too busy eating gummi bears: 'tis the best reason I can think of for it. 2nd best reason might be intentionally infiltrating and weakening the Libertarian party.

Danke
01-07-2010, 01:07 PM

Would people stop using "oh ffs," FFS!

BlackTerrel
01-07-2010, 01:34 PM
YouTube - State Of The Motherland w/ Bob Barr and Borat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BqYTTUn0JI)

ARealConservative
01-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Isn't this guy for the drugs war? That's just pathetic that the LP let him run

brilliant :rolleyes:

Kludge
01-14-2010, 07:35 AM

No argument from me.

You're still upset about this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=225344&highlight= (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=225344&highlight=)

Oh ffs, get over it.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

catdd
01-14-2010, 07:49 AM
I don't like Barr much, but it's true that republicans only trash Obama because they want the White House back. They are not concerned about the country at all.