PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC "Move over Mike Huckabee, we have a new dark horse to obsess over"

Eli
10-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Are they really going to start obsessing over him? That would be TOO cool!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/10/04/396437.aspx

in another article today they also said:

*** Casting a Paul over Huckabee: Is there a bigger loser in the Ron Paul money story than Mike Huckabee? Doesn't it take all of the air out of the Huckabee-as-dark-horse balloon? Meanwhile, as for the Paul boomlet, is this simply the power of the Internet connecting a bunch of like-minded supporters or is Paul starting to become a protest vehicle for a part of the GOP electorate that is feeling more neglected. The whole Democratic surge in the Rocky Mountain States has coincided with the Republican Party's struggles at keeping its libertarian wing on the reservation. Are we seeing this splintering of the party and angst from the libertarian set play out via Ron Paul's FEC report?

also, we got another article on Time a little bit ago

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1668444,00.html

It should be noted that according to Google News between yesterday and today Ron Paul got almost 8,000 news pieces about him. That doesn't count the hundreds of local news tvspots and papers that are going out today and tomarrow. Did they say $10million worth of publicity? The RP campaign is known for under shooting :)

constituent
10-04-2007, 06:12 PM
that's friggin awesome!!!

great find eli!

quickmike
10-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Morons

"PAUL: Move over Mike Huckabee, we have a new dark horse to obsess over: Ron Paul. In all seriousness, the $5 million raised by Paul is a double-whammy to Huckabee because if this unknown candidate can raise this much money, why can't the candidate who gets all the buzz after the debates?"

ANSWER - Because Huckabee never really had any "buzz" except for what you f---in' TOOLS spread around to artificially inflate someones real life support.

Will these guys ever learn?

chiefsmurph
10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
I guess I'll say take it with a grain of salt. They never really obsessed over Mike Huckabee.

But..........Hell yeaa!!!!!! Thats a great line to see to brighten my day.

itsnobody
10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
hahaha

Buzz
10-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Morons

"PAUL: Move over Mike Huckabee, we have a new dark horse to obsess over: Ron Paul. In all seriousness, the $5 million raised by Paul is a double-whammy to Huckabee because if this unknown candidate can raise this much money, why can't the candidate who gets all the buzz after the debates?"

ANSWER - Because Huckabee never really had any "buzz" except for what you f---in' TOOLS spread around to artificially inflate someones real life support.

Seriously. As long as they keep pretending that Paul is a nobody with no support, he's going to keep shocking them.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Do you really believe they'll be reporting on Ron Paul now?

quickmike
10-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Do you really believe they'll be reporting on Ron Paul now?

Only if they really think Ron will spend oodles of cash on their network for advertising. Even then, they might not care about that and see him as a threat to their overall standing as a legitimate reliable news source.

Theyre afraid of the INTERNETS!!!

They dont want to support anything that is a product of the internet.

Stealth4
10-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Sad that money matters so much, but Im willing to give a lot of money if it means we may be able to change that.

Zydeco
10-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Morons

Yeah, Huckabee is a CFR member and was designated the anti-Ron Paul dark horse. How did he managed to come in second at the Iowa Straw poll with very little visible support? Answer: he didn't, the 2007 Iowa Straw Poll was as rigged as the 1995 "miracle tie" one was. There is no way Huckabee beat Paul there. And 1995 and 2007 were the only ones with mysterious "two hour delays" in the counting process. My ass!

I mean, he can come in second at the Iowa Straw Poll, and still only get $1 million in donations in the quarter? I believe that as much as I believe Rudy Giuliani is the "frontrunner" who somehow can't win a single straw poll.

This is all puppetmaster bullshit and fewer and fewer people are buying it. When the house of cards collapses, it will collapse quickly, and a lot of people will be shocked.

Not me! :cool:

Liberty
10-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Only if they really think Ron will spend oodles of cash on their network for advertising. Even then, they might not care about that and see him as a threat to their overall standing as a legitimate reliable news source.

Theyre afraid of the INTERNETS!!!

They dont want to support anything that is a product of the internet.

MSM loves anyone that has $ to spend on advertising. I'm anxious to see how it plays out. Will we do as well in Iowa as New Hampshire?