PDA

View Full Version : Next up in Obama's War on Terror: Africa

Chomsky
01-07-2010, 08:40 AM
http://www.politicallore.com/writers/shaun-booth/next-up-in-obama’s-war-on-terror-africa/1453

Chomsky
01-07-2010, 09:03 AM
The Chinese receive 7% of their oil supply from Sudan. Given this fact, if the US could go into Khartoum and throw out the Sudanese President Bashir under the pretext of a human rights mission and gain control of the oil supply, they could then greatly weaken China.

catdd
01-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Both China and the US have declared that they will do "whatever it takes" to protect their oil supply.

Ethek
01-07-2010, 09:29 AM
This was a forgone conclusion.

TortoiseDream
01-07-2010, 09:41 AM
maybe it should be called the war of terror.

RM918
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I think this might fit the definition of irony.

Chomsky
01-07-2010, 11:23 AM

Worldwide war of terror, has a certain sassiness to it. Fits Obama's cool image. Its only a matter of time before Obama starts to smoke cigarettes publicly as part of his cool yet menacing image as the leader of the worldwide war of terror.;)

MelissaWV
01-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I think this might fit the definition of irony.

Yay the first African-American (in the actual definition of the words, no less) President! Surely he wouldn't attack... Africa? :(

Can't make this shit up, folks.

Cinderella
01-07-2010, 12:32 PM
i put this in the foreign policy forum but i think it should get more play here....

Over the next few days, Russia will change the world. It has completed a new oil pipeline and port complex that sets Russia up to become a more powerful oil exporter than Saudi Arabia. The ramifications for Europe and Asia are profound: The shape of the global economy—and the global balance of power—will be altered forever.

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?q=6872.5382.0.0

Russia pumped more than 10 million barrels of oil per day during November. With Saudi Arabian production falling, Russia is now the world’s largest oil exporter. Toss in Russia’s natural gas exports, and Russia is the biggest energy superpower in the world, by far. That does not even count Russia’s massive uranium resources and nuclear expertise.

Chomsky
01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
i put this in the foreign policy forum but i think it should get more play here....

Over the next few days, Russia will change the world. It has completed a new oil pipeline and port complex that sets Russia up to become a more powerful oil exporter than Saudi Arabia. The ramifications for Europe and Asia are profound: The shape of the global economy—and the global balance of power—will be altered forever.

Russia pumped more than 10 million barrels of oil per day during November. With Saudi Arabian production falling, Russia is now the world’s largest oil exporter. Toss in Russia’s natural gas exports, and Russia is the biggest energy superpower in the world, by far. That does not even count Russia’s massive uranium resources and nuclear expertise.

Wow, that is a pretty eye opening article.

ItsTime
01-07-2010, 03:36 PM
The NWO needed a black face to keep Africa enslaved

http://www.prisonplanet.com/rap-group-public-enemy-warn-of-the-obama-deception.html

Fox McCloud
01-07-2010, 03:49 PM

just wait until they complete the Bering Straight crossing; that'll open up (even more) North and South America to Russia's oil exports.

Todd
01-07-2010, 03:54 PM

Borat

"We support your war of terror" :)

Chomsky
01-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Borat

"We support your war of terror" :)

I knew I heard that somewhere before, the part where he sings the national anthem right?

Todd
01-07-2010, 08:06 PM
I knew I heard that somewhere before, the part where he sings the national anthem right?

Yes. This part of the film was in my home town. :(

libertythor
01-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Yay the first African-American (in the actual definition of the words, no less) President! Surely he wouldn't attack... Africa? :(

Can't make this shit up, folks.

It would be a perfect opportunity for him to stir up shit so that we may accept tons of refugees after it spills over into *cough* Kenya.

angelatc
01-07-2010, 08:22 PM
The Chinese receive 7% of their oil supply from Sudan. Given this fact, if the US could go into Khartoum and throw out the Sudanese President Bashir under the pretext of a human rights mission and gain control of the oil supply, they could then greatly weaken China.

I"ve been watching this develop for a while. If the US and China do battle over natural resources, I suspect it will be in Africa.

Chomsky
01-08-2010, 02:05 AM
I"ve been watching this develop for a while. If the US and China do battle over natural resources, I suspect it will be in Africa.

Yeah I think the guys over at the Pentagon have seen this coming for a longtime. The whole africom thing was in the works for years, it will be fully established in a few years, just in time. And that is not a coincidence, this thing is happening on their schedule, nobody elses.

yokna7
01-08-2010, 09:28 AM

Your def right, but the exploitation of natural resources from Africa is nothing new. The climate change governance is going to be a human rights atrocity that we should be talking about and we're talking about the oil supply. Dont you think the Pentagon may overthink things? China is obviously of no threat to the US, but I guess anyone is nowadays...

Cinderella
01-08-2010, 10:45 AM
This is groundbreaking news and it could lead to Russia ascending to Super Power status. It happens to be one of the largest land masses in the world and that alone would keep them on the world stage. This could even bring China down a notch or two as the Chinese desperately seek energy around the globe to fuel their growing economy.

Russia has outproduced Saudi oil production and that would signify the rumors that Saudi Arabia is beyond peak production. This tidbit could have serious affects on the already reeling US economy as Saudi Arabia increases prices for their exports to offset Russian production. The American public will have to foot the bill on that as well, given that they are the largest user of Saudi oil.

For the past sixty years or so, the Saudis have been the big oil producer with seemingly little to no competition. That, alone, is why it should make the West pause for a moment. Who knows how much oil is below the permafrost in Siberia?

A 2008 United States Geological Survey estimates that areas north of the Arctic Circle have 90 billion barrels (1.4×1010 m3) of undiscovered, technically recoverable oil (and 44 billion barrels (7.0×109 m3) of natural gas liquids ) in 25 geologically defined areas thought to have potential for petroleum. This represented 13% of the expected undiscovered oil in the world. Of the estimated totals, more than half of the undiscovered oil resources were estimated to occur in just three geologic provinces – Arctic Alaska, the Amerasia Basin, and the East Greenland Rift Basins. More than 70% of the mean undiscovered oil resources was estimated to occur in five provinces: Arctic Alaska, Amerasia Basin, East Greenland Rift Basins, East Barents Basins, and West Greenland–East Canada. It was further estimated that approximately 84% of the oil and gas would occur offshore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves

So, Russia, may be sitting on a gold mine. Then in the coming years Vladimir Putin may reclaim the helm of Prime Minister as been rumors. Make no mistake he is running the show from behind the scenes as President of the Russian Federation, much like Cheney is believed to have doing during the Bush Administration. He is a no non-sense leader, and is looking to bring Russia back to its former credibility on the world stage.

The US and the Western Europe should really sit back and take a pause at this development because it may be the indication of a major geopolitical shift in power. He who has access to the oil has all the power. Now, what is the US going to do to offset this chain of events taking place in Russia?

For one, under the Bush Administration, it appears that the US has an encirclement policy against Russia. With military operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, alliances with Turkey, support of the leader of Georgia and rumored military support during the Russian/Georgian Conflict over South Ossetia, and then the failed missile defense shield in Poland and the Czech Republic. Apparently, the Obama Administration is carrying on the torch of Russian encirclement as well. Read the article below, because it highlights the military side of all this, regarding the US and Russian Federation.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=12600

However, Russia and China have apparently seen this coming since 2001 with their Sino-Russia Treaty of Friendship.

Both the PRC and Russia fear an encroachment by the United States (especially following its strengthened geopolitical position following the September 11, 2001 attacks) involving areas which they view as belonging to their respective spheres of national influences and interests: for the PRC, this largely involves Taiwan serving as a US client state, while for Russia it involves having various former Soviet Republics as US client states. Many of these do not border either country, though Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan border the PRC, whereas Kazakhstan borders both.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Sino-Russian_Treaty_of_Friendship

However, with the US economy in shambles and the government practically borrowing form its international bond holders to operate, how will it affect the military inroads made around the world as encirclement of Russia continues. Someone has to pay for all of it and if the cash stops there will have to be military withdrawals from garrisons around the globe.

Perhaps, with the recent interest international terrorism, and a war footing with Yemen and Iran, could the US be on the brink of reinstating a war economy much like Germany before World War II and the US during the War? Very interesting times are ahead and the outcome remains uncertain?
With the cataclysmic deficit of some 13 trillion dollars on the US government's balance sheet, and the taxable base losing their jobs, something is in the works to offset that problem.

One way or another, the US is going to have to restart the economy, and from the past, some believe it was the war that got the US out of the Depression and not the FDR's government policies. With this story it appears 2010 is starting with a bang, and no pun intended.

Chomsky
01-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Wow. Great post Cinderella!

Cinderella
01-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Im expecting a third World War very soon. All of the players are currently arming themselves to the teeth, as was done in the late 1930s, just prior to WWII, and oil will be the key as it was before. Russia is now positioned to rise up in opposition to US hegemony, and it will become increasingly bold in doing so.

Chomsky
01-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Im expecting a third World War very soon. All of the players are currently arming themselves to the teeth, as was done in the late 1930s, just prior to WWII, and oil will be the key as it was before. Russia is now positioned to rise up in opposition to US hegemony, and it will become increasingly bold in doing so.

yeah I think the difference between the US and Russia though is that I don't believe Russia has imperial ambitions. At least not right now. They just want to make themselves comfortable. I think they will remain introspective for a few more years. The flash point could however come in one of their satellite states such as we saw in Georgia.

Cinderella
01-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Forget the empire building days. Russia has far more to gain from building its economy and economic influence - that's where the real power today lies, not in having your tanks parade through someone's capital. And this is where Russia's oil and gas export strategy fits it. Russia is not so much trying to exercise political influence over anyone, as it is trying to insure that it has an uncompromised income stream from reliable customers in Western Europe and Asia.

Current Rome collapsing, next Rome enter stage right!

The USSR was never removed, it dissolved, just because you cant see the salt in the water doesnt mean it disappeared!