PDA

View Full Version : Liberty movement experiencing burnout?

Matt Collins
01-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Does anyone else think the liberty movement might be experiencing some burnout? Does anyone here feel personally burnt out?

Dunedain
01-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Does anyone else think the liberty movement might be experiencing some burnout? Does anyone here feel personally burnt out?

Great question. Revolution fatigue, yes we get tired. We just want to get back to minding our own business, our families and enjoy our lives....right? Who wants to be fighting this battle forever (it seems)? Huh?

Burnout takes it toll...and then you go back to your family, your job, your life, oozing into soft comfortable ignorance again....and what happens? Cold water in your face again. You work until June to pay your tax bill. You see your standard of living going down as the government feasts on your labor....then you get pissed off, again.

No...there is no rest for the weary, nor burnout for the sons of liberty. Don't worry Matt, you won't being leaving the movement anytime soon. Once you join up you don't ever leave...it's like the mafia in that way. Once you see the truth you can never unsee it. Once your mind expands to a certain size it never shrinks back to what it was.

It's liberty or death for all of us.

Matt Collins
01-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Someone just told me to read this:
http://www.amazon.com/1776-David-McCullough/dp/0743226720/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262840290&sr=8-1

phill4paul
01-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Matt your feeling a burn out because you were burned.

If you need a bit of time out take it.

However, I expect more from you than just a temporary lull.

There are plenty of liberty activities going on that you can contribute to.

But, if you need a break. Take it.

After your breather take your fire and build up a full steam!

It ain't over..till we've won.:)

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Someone just told me to read this:
http://www.amazon.com/1776-David-McCullough/dp/0743226720/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262840290&sr=8-1

Can't wait for shipping, so I went ahead and bought the audiobook for D/L

I really love to read, but have also grown a specific fondness for audio books, developed behind several long long road trips. Now I love both traditional and audio books.

Dunedain
01-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Also, I believe the oppose is happening. The movement is gaining incredible steam. We've already won some important battles and once the elections get going we are going to demostrate power.

james1906
01-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Matt your feeling a burn out because you were burned.

If you need a bit of time out take it.

However, I expect more from you than just a temporary lull.

There are plenty of liberty activities going on that you can contribute to.

But, if you need a break. Take it.

After your breather take your fire and build up a full steam!

It ain't over..till we've won.:)

+1

Matt, maybe you just need to turn the computer and TV off for a weekend and get away from the politics and your horny neighbors.

Chester Copperpot
01-06-2010, 11:19 PM

yeah.. we're not regular army here.. we're all militia.. so we all kinda come and go as we please.

sometimes I feel burnt out and I dont even feel like I do anything compared to most of you guys...all i do is talk politics with people.. every. single. day.. family, friends, strangers, anybody and everybody.

You guys have run for office, party positions etc.. and to me thats a lot of work too. So if you feel burnt out every now and again, I think its only natural.

dont worry about it.. take some time off for your brain.. recharge your batteries and then re-join the fight if you have to.

Reason
01-07-2010, 01:24 AM
YouTube - I'm Becoming a Zombie, 6 Million Americans only Income Foodstamps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KDdcsYR6yA)

Toureg89
01-07-2010, 01:44 AM
YES! it is always difficult to keep up the 2 party system, and the sheeple of the 2 party system get tired of me talking about it.

people just don't care to engage in real debate, and when they do, they refuse to consider your side.

fj45lvr
01-07-2010, 03:17 AM
This one's for you Matt

YouTube - the alarm - blaze of glory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzJRDjpPS_I)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzJRDjpPS_I

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-07-2010, 04:41 AM
even Thomas Jefferson took vacations, and that fucker read books 14 hours a day. Taking a vacation means you recognize you are a human being and not the automaton the fascist pricks want you to be.

kahless
01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
I am burned out after watching defeats for 20 years. Ron Paul, this movement and the tea parties make things the most promising I have ever seen. I am hoping this new generation is more of success getting liberty candidates elected.

But whatever happens it will be too incremental. I am a slave to so many government polices and I am sick of it. I want to see a Libertarian form of government NOW or move to a seceding state, region or country that adopts such policies and not have to wait another 20 years.

FrankRep
01-07-2010, 10:56 AM
After the 2008 elections I felt burnt out.

torchbearer
01-07-2010, 10:58 AM

Been doing this for 14 years- been burned-out, got back in- burned-out- back in- burned out.
it happened a lot in the early years because there weren't many of you there to help fight the machine.
now, with people awakened, i don't have to do everything myself.

torchbearer
01-07-2010, 11:01 AM
I was trying to catch a break from activism for the holidays, but that isn't going to happen.
the tea party people here have tapped me to lead efforts here in central louisiana.
if i turned it down, this area may be led by neocon-lite. so- no rest for the weary.

we are scheduling a recall senator landrieu meeting this saturday. a state-wide meeting held here at my diner.
posted it here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=225697

LDA
01-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I want to see a Libertarian form of government NOW or move to a seceding state, region or country that adopts such policies and not have to wait another 20 years.

Libertarianism is an ideal, and it's unlikely that we'll see any kind of "fully libertarian" government in our lifetime. Governments begin as brutal dictatorships. We must strip them of powers over time. Progressives would say that "progress" is an increase in government power. I would say that "progress" is giving more power to the people and less to disconnected elected officials.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-07-2010, 12:37 PM

There are certain secondary issues that distract the people from the crucial narrowed down political natural law this nation was founded on and the idea of "liberty" is one of them. This idea along with that of "equality" are necessary prerequisites for the people to acheive their Civil Purpose. As a political natural law from the Almighty supercedes the U.S. Constitution, the latter being set up as the supreme law of the land to serve only as a "necessary tyranny" over the people, so does the people's Civil Purpose supercede the legal precedence of all past traditions and future occurences.
What is with this desire to manipulate Americans around to lead them to their freedom? This reminds me of what the police do with the homeless when directing them to just keep moving along. All this does is rag out the people. Yet, we already know what to do about this problem because our nation has already gone through 30 years of a Great Depression. Ultimately, the real solution was to just leave the people alone. It's there damned public property for cripes sake. If they want to live under a bridge, then let them do it. Eventually they will work out their problems. That is what real liberty means.

Elwar
01-07-2010, 12:46 PM
One usually gets burned out after reading about how terrible things are.

And then they get energized by how terrible things are and are sick of it!

Ebb and flow.

The Tea Parties were energized this summer fortunately stopping Cap and Tax and at the time stopping Health Care. Then they became tired and Congress took the opportunity to pass Health Care while everyone was getting ready for the holidays.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-07-2010, 01:09 PM
One usually gets burned out after reading about how terrible things are.

And then they get energized by how terrible things are and are sick of it!

Ebb and flow.

The Tea Parties were energized this summer fortunately stopping Cap and Tax and at the time stopping Health Care. Then they became tired and Congress took the opportunity to pass Health Care while everyone was getting ready for the holidays.

After the Lord Jesus was moved by the multitudes *fasting for three days to be with Him, His disciples ordered them to go home and feed themselves. The Lord realizing that these people would not be back for a thousand years, (suffering under a dynasty of tyranny) He ordered them to sit where they stand and do nothing. Actually, His order was for them to lay back in a leisurely fashion much like the rich do. He then ordered His disciples to feed them. The rest is history with the Almighty taking a little of nothing, a few fish and a couple of loaves of bread, and making a lot of something out of it.
As Americans, we have arrived! We don't have to do things like the Europeans because our nation wasn't founded on a dark political science but on a self evident and unalienable Truth. This Truth was declared a natural law (from the Almighty Himself) by our Founding Fathers.
Consider that His Fullness, the spontaneous Jesus Christ, could do whatever He willed to do and He ultimately chose to break Himself into bits of man in order to pour Himself out into him and her. So, if man is existential in God's purpose, then this natural law declared by our Founding Fathers is not just any natural law, but the most crucial one of every natural law!
*As apposed to physical fasting, Spiritual fasting happens when a person is so distraught and troubled that they lose their desire to eat and drink. As Jesus perceived the Spiritual fasting, His disciples only perceived the physical fasting.

Matt Collins
01-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Governments begin as brutal dictatorships. We must strip them of powers over time. That is true everywhere except in the US. The US is a special case because our founders actually had won freedom and used it to create a government. In other places the government "granted" the People more freedoms.

tremendoustie
01-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Also, I believe the oppose is happening. The movement is gaining incredible steam. We've already won some important battles and once the elections get going we are going to demostrate power.

I agree, I feel we are gaining steam.

kahless
01-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Despite the progress being made lets say Republicans take back Congress, the Presidency and add liberty candidates to both parties. Overall we are probably still looking at moderate policies and continuing the status quo. We might see the repeal of things like health care reform bill, cap and trade, etc, which would be good. But would we really see elimination of the federal reserve and a more libertarian form of government?

This is why I am beginning to believe regional succession might be the better way to go if you want to live freely.

cbc58
01-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Is there anyone leading this movement and what does the "campaign for liberty" organization do to help it?

tpreitzel
01-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Burnout comes from doing the same thing over and over and over and .... ;)

Since fighting for liberty is a LIFE-LONG process, burnout comes rather quickly. For burnout, I simply take at least 10-12 days off from the regular routine every 3 months and do something else. At the end of those 10-12 days, I'm ready for the old fight.

You'll learn soon enough. The fight for liberty NEVER ends. Get used to it by taking periodic breaks.

polomertz
01-07-2010, 06:39 PM
IMO: Perhaps Liberty-related activism isn't blazing at the moment - and I think that's debatable. However, I believe the Liberty movement is moving right along. This may sound stupid, but recent family, friends, & office conversations have me thinking that we're close to a real shift. The ideas of Liberty haven't stopped moving. Remember, The rEVOLution will not be televised.

In any case, I'm in this for life, as I know most of ya'll are. Cheers!

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-08-2010, 12:09 PM
That is true everywhere except in the US. The US is a special case because our founders actually had won freedom and used it to create a government. In other places the government "granted" the People more freedoms.

As in create a necessary tyranny (government) by the lowly people for the sake of the lowly people with emphasis placed on the lowly people (commoners). Our nation was unique in how it was founded on a Truth. This Truth was so self evident that it could not be ignored by a rightfully ordained king because it reduced unalienably to the extent that it could not be misunderstood or misconstrued by any human conscience. Since king George did not exhibit good conscience, he was declared a tyrant. This justified our Founding Fathers in establishing a new nation out from under his rightful rule as our ordained king (by God).
The first part of The Declaration of Independence uses Plato's philosophy (a best principled type of natural law) while the last part is Socratic in how it defines although the questions aren't presented along with the answers. Missing is Aristotle. In fact, The Declaration of Indendence is not logical because logic had yet to recover since Gallileo's persecution by Catholic science (natural philosophy).