PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone believe that EIGHT GRAMS of PETN is a "Weapon of Mass DESTRUCTION"????

tangent4ronpaul
01-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Everybody better get get rid of that gallon of clorox under your sink, the couple of pls of fertalizer in your garden shed, and so on - because if that is the standard WE ARE ALL TEAROOOAAAARRRRIIISSTTSS with WMD's!

:rolleyes:

GET REAL PEOPLE!

-t

Zippyjuan
01-06-2010, 07:49 PM
According to this http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/dec/27/petn-pentaerythritol-trinitrate-explosive 100 grams (under a quarter pound) is enough to destroy a car. The bomber allegedly had 80 grams on him. That would knock a nice hole in the side of an airplane.

Slutter McGee
01-06-2010, 08:03 PM
I think 200 some odd counts of attempted murder should be enough to put the man away for good.I don't like the weapon of mass destruction charge. What constitutes mass destruction anyway. An airplane? A building? A city?

I think the charge convolutes the issue and opens the door for potential abuse in the future.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

phill4paul
01-06-2010, 08:22 PM
80 grams of PETN strapped to my ballzack would be a weeping of mass discussion. Yes. :D

tangent4ronpaul
01-06-2010, 08:24 PM
According to this http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/dec/27/petn-pentaerythritol-trinitrate-explosive 100 grams (under a quarter pound) is enough to destroy a car. The bomber allegedly had 80 grams on him. That would knock a nice hole in the side of an airplane.

Last news cast I saw said EIGHT grams! As to quantities - for 80, think a VERY WELL endowed African American that had just had a recent encounter with a penus pump if you are in the 80 grams range and want to pass casual screening... :rolleyes:

-t

Lovecraftian4Paul
01-06-2010, 08:26 PM
No, I don't agree at all with the WMD charge. This was an act of terror, but he did not use a WMD. If that's what they are going to claim, then potentially anything is a possible WMD. I imagine a simple tool used somewhere in a nuclear power plant could cause it melt down. Is that a WMD?

tangent4ronpaul
01-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Lets rephrase this - chems for kids chem sets usually come in the 20-25 gram size. One container will generally measure 1"x1"x1,5" - multiply that by 4... He smuggled that in in his underwear - NOT!

-t

phill4paul
01-06-2010, 08:29 PM
No, I don't agree at all with the WMD charge. This was an act of terror, but he did not use a WMD. If that's what they are going to claim, then potentially anything is a possible WMD. I imagine a simple tool used somewhere in a nuclear power plant could cause it melt down. Is that a WMD?

As a monarch once said "Let them think cake." Or something like that.;)

Lovecraftian4Paul
01-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Yep. Seems to be the new trend of the government not just to make everyone potential criminals, but potential terrorists as well. We are all guilty, very worrying indeed when we remember past governments that made their citizens criminals.