PDA

View Full Version : Signbomb made the paper

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Now I have to do a reverse sign-bomb or lose the signs. I'm a month early. Oops. :D

The fellow at the FC Code div was very nice. He actually didn't have to make the effort to contact me first. He could have just pulled them. He did make the effort to contact me so that I would not lose my signs. So now I have to go out tonight and collect my signs.

I had coverage over the entire southern half of the county. Just BAM appeared overnight on Jan 02. I don't mind -- this was far more helpful than hurtful:

ETA - I have a money-bomb coming on February 14th and I need help making the webpage for it! Please PM me if you can help!

http://nchouse2010.glenbradley.net/media/FranklinTimes/FranklinTimes1.jpg

TCE
01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Do you know if there's someone running against you in the Republican Primary?

Also, this would be a great time to ask if anyone can make you a money bomb website for the 14th. I recommend edited that into your post somewhere.

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Do you know if there's someone running against you in the Republican Primary?

Also, this would be a great time to ask if anyone can make you a money bomb website for the 14th. I recommend edited that into your post somewhere.

No primary challenger that we know of yet. We will know for certain after the filing period.

And I'll edit the above post to let folks know. Thanks!

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 03:47 PM
I didn't even know about it until I got an e-mail from the county GOP chair congratulating me on making the paper lolz...

TCE
01-06-2010, 04:04 PM
All publicity is good publicity...unless you're in office, in which case it's better if no one knows you exist. Is The Franklin Times a popular publication?

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 04:13 PM
All publicity is good publicity...unless you're in office, in which case it's better if no one knows you exist. Is The Franklin Times a popular publication?

It's the only publication for Franklin County, and at least within the district it's extremely popular. And honestly, it's /not/ bad publicity even from a neutral POV. I probably get more hits from that article than my signs all day long.

LibertyMage
01-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Good luck, Glen.

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks LM! Getting in the only major paper to cover 80% of my district is a bit of an auspicious start. I'm betting it helps. :D

malkusm
01-06-2010, 05:07 PM
:applause:

Bossobass
01-06-2010, 05:25 PM
I haven't met a harder campaigner, my friend. I'm sure you'll give it hell. Don't be surprised if I pop into your neighborhood to stand in the streets waving your sign (they won't be able to pick THAT one up).

Bosso

dannno
01-06-2010, 05:31 PM
What the hell happened to the first amendment :mad:

Southron
01-06-2010, 05:37 PM
I guess any publicity is good publicity.:)

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 06:10 PM
I guess any publicity is good publicity.:)

Honestly, even from a purely neutral perspective this was good coverage. What do people get from it?

1) not a career politician
2) eager to get the message out
3) not a Democrat
4) a county local
5) willing to collect his signs at the County's request
6) running against incumbent Lucy Allen
7) name is Glen Bradley

My goodness, there is really nothing bad AT ALL in the article, and my name recognition gets a serious boost right off the bat. This is the first article you see when you open the paper, and the only article (other than the front page) that's in color.

Even the headline refers to the picture. The sign placement is predicated on a driver coming to a full stop, looking left, looking right BAM! I'm sure the author thought it was clever, it either describes my sign placement, my theory on sign visibility, or the fact that I have to "pause" my public campaign until February. Come to a full stop before proceeding. hardy har har. But he didn't even /try/ to be negative. :)

I could say if the coverage were ugly that any coverage is good coverage, but when you add it all up, this really is good coverage, full stop. (LOL)

The more I look over this article, I honestly see nothing but good from it.

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 06:17 PM
What the hell happened to the first amendment :mad:

Oh I agree, but I am anything BUT mad! :) I am the anti-establishment candidate who got newspaper coverage for being anti-establishment, while still willing to abide within the confines of law and order in carrying out my effort (a Constitutionalist).

I'm getting nothing but benefit from this. Sure, I have to take my signs down for a month, but they will be all the more memorable next month for the effort. I honestly did not know about the ordinance, but if not for this ordinance, then I would not have gotten this excellent publicity.

The ONLY possible negative I can see out of this, is if it scares Lucy Allen into getting a jump on her fundraising to shout me out.

phill4paul
01-06-2010, 06:22 PM
I think it is all good Glen. I signed up for the paper but for some reason still have been unable to post.

This is what I would have said...

" The idiom "jumping the gun" refers to starting a race before the starter's pistol was fired. The shot giving away N.C. sovereignty to the federal government without regards to the rights of citizens of this great state was fired long ago during the Reconstruction period.
Though it has been a long and faltering race on the part of North Carolinian politicians at least Glen Bradley is out of the gate and running! "

Check your P.M. and get back to me.:)

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 06:24 PM
I haven't met a harder campaigner, my friend. I'm sure you'll give it hell. Don't be surprised if I pop into your neighborhood to stand in the streets waving your sign (they won't be able to pick THAT one up).

Bosso

Thanks Bosso!

I will never forget how you were instrumental in getting me to Tuscaloosa Alabama -- where by the way I also made the front page of the Tuscaloosa Daily for Ron Paul on Super Tuesday, for being in a sign-war with the local DOT, who had some arbitrary rule saying that no political signs can be put out EVER. We were 20 foot behind the DOT as they were collecting the signs, we were planting them, and we had a guy at the front of the DOT collecting our signs back from them. It was crazy! Plant/pull/collect/plant/pull/collect

We covered almost the entire front page above the fold on Super Tuesday over that one.

The rules in NC are not even remotely so onerous, so I anticipate no such "sign wars" around here...but it seems that I am making a habit of getting into the local newspapers for doing sign-bombs ROFL! :D

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I think it is all good Glen. I signed up for the paper but for some reason still have been unable to post.

This is what I would have said...

" The idiom "jumping the gun" refers to starting a race before the starter's pistol was fired. The shot giving away N.C. sovereignty to the federal government without regards to the rights of citizens of this great state was fired long ago during the Reconstruction period.
Though it has been a long and faltering race on the part of North Carolinian politicians at least Glen Bradley is out of the gate and running! "

Check your P.M. and get back to me.:)

Thanks - will do! and thanks!

phill4paul
01-06-2010, 06:26 PM
And another thought the article read that a county spokesman said that Bradleys signs will be picked up.

Not that Bradley would pick up his own signs.

You should write and correct them that you are picking up your own signs without taxpayer expense.

phill4paul
01-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks Bosso!

I will never forget how you were instrumental in getting me to Tuscaloosa Alabama -- where by the way I also made the front page of the Tuscaloosa Daily for Ron Paul on Super Tuesday, for being in a sign-war with the local DOT, who had some arbitrary rule saying that no political signs can be put out EVER. We were 20 foot behind the DOT as they were collecting the signs, we were planting them, and we had a guy at the front of the DOT collecting our signs back from them. It was crazy! Plant/pull/collect/plant/pull/collect

LULZ! Awesomeness!

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 06:41 PM
And another thought the article read that a county spokesman said that Bradleys signs will be picked up.

You should write and correct them that you are picking up your own signs without taxpayer expense.

Good idea :)

TCE
01-06-2010, 06:41 PM

I definitely agree. Fiscal conservatism before the papers are even filed=win. Keep in mind that's how Mark Sanford got elected and re-elected.

Southron
01-06-2010, 07:03 PM

This is a great idea.

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 09:03 PM
That is so cool! Who knew doing something so innocent would make the paper, good to know you're in it to win it!

lulz! at least my county is not even half as bad as some places!!