PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show tonight 9:00 pm ET 1/06/10

purplechoe
01-06-2010, 03:05 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=31095

Ron Paul Interview

Posted by Matt Hawes on 01/06/10 4:01 PM
Last updated 01/06/10 3:57 PM

Tonight, Dr. Paul will be interviewed on MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show. The show starts at 9 pm eastern.

added the video:

YouTube - Ron Paul avoids the bait on Rachel Maddow 01/06/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA7W5VAJ_78)

Goldhunter27
01-06-2010, 03:06 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=31095

Thanks for the heads up. She's been pretty fair in the past with RP.

Nate
01-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up. She's been pretty fair in the past with RP.

& she will most definitely be fair with him tonight considering they will most likely be discussing the advice Dr Paul gave to one of her favorite people the other day.

paulpwns
01-06-2010, 03:20 PM
wow they are hurting for ratings aren't they.

LDA
01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Ron Paul is getting popular, man. No longer is he the crackpot on these shows. He talks, and the other guests agree, and a lot of times the hosts agree. He's speaking common sense. We've known this for a while. As more people hear him, more people agree.

painter4Ron Paul
01-06-2010, 03:36 PM
I like

FrankRep
01-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I like Rachel Maddow. She is probably a secret Ron Paul supporter.
She likes him because he's a Republican that attacks other Republicans. It's political game. I doubt she supports Libertarian policies.

Dieseler
01-06-2010, 03:38 PM
If the show don't open with him chasing her with a switch, I ain't watchin' it.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
01-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Liberals love to tolerate RP

parocks
01-06-2010, 04:26 PM
She likes him because he's a Republican that attacks other Republicans. It's political game. I doubt she supports Libertarian policies.

Agreed.

After the show, listen to Paul Topete of Pokerface on the internet radio - call in and talk Ron Paul and Liberty if you want - he's guest hosting for 2 hours.

10p - 12m EST tonight Wed Jan 6

http://republicbroadcasting.org/

surf
01-06-2010, 04:37 PM
it's absolutely crazy that our guy is the ONLY anti-war guy in the country!

it's nuts.

where's Kucinich?

edit: this seriously bothers me. i'm not saying there aren't others in this country that would prefer peace to perpetual warfare - that's most of us here. but why the hell isn't anyone else in DC speaking for us?

RM918
01-06-2010, 04:38 PM
I hardly think telling Cheney where to shove it is an unpopular idea.

lester1/2jr
01-06-2010, 05:47 PM
she and olberman are pretty clueless. I knew they would suck once Bush left but I didn't htink it would be as bad as it is. they have no concept of americans not liking their government. they've like, never heard that idea.

She is going to ask him cutesy questions about dick cheney and maybe the iraq war with a stone faced expression.

She probably gets 10,000 emails a day saying have ron paul on and now she is. that's what it's like with these media types. they hate everything ron stands for, she would love to do 4,000 episodes on republicans mistresses and the bush adminstrations greatest /worst hits

TortoiseDream
01-06-2010, 05:51 PM
when is ron paul going to announce for a 2012 presidential bid? by that i mean, is there any news of late about this? he'd have to announce soon, right? i just remember rand announcing for the senate on the RM show.

(in before "dude stfu ron shouldn't run in 2012").

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Ron Paul is getting popular, man. No longer is he the crackpot on these shows. He talks, and the other guests agree, and a lot of times the hosts agree. He's speaking common sense. We've known this for a while. As more people hear him, more people agree.

He one that has common sense and probably the only 'Clean" politician in Washington DC. Now the country is coming to him for advise and solutions.

He sure is making RINO Liberal Sean Hannity look like the uneducated FOOL...

Though, that sellout US Senator from NH, Judd Gregg, label's RP just a populist in his talking head rebuttals.

Should be interesting.

IPSecure
01-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Stream: Link (http://wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://wwitv.com/tv_channels/b2714.htm)

Dianne
01-06-2010, 07:25 PM
You have to keep in mind that Rachel is lucky to have a job. And her job is with employer MSNBC, whose corporate owner is General Electric, who received over $140 billion of your money from Emperor Obama (who too damn cheapass to use his own money, had to use yours to own his own television station). General Electric is asking for more billions... that 140 billion didn't go far enough (CEO still wants to purchase an island or two, and he's short on cash) .. So don't expect a fair interview.

Obama is Kingggggggggg... He is Godddddddddddddd .... As long as you have more money to steal, he will seize it and buy more stuff to rule.. MSNBC is one of his conquests, so I won't even watch Ron Paul on that show tonight. I will not give him an extra rating point.

Epic
01-06-2010, 07:37 PM
when is ron paul going to announce for a 2012 presidential bid? by that i mean, is there any news of late about this? he'd have to announce soon, right? i just remember rand announcing for the senate on the RM show.

People will start announcing in early to mid 2011

speciallyblend
01-06-2010, 08:00 PM

I officially announce Ron Paul's Presidential Bid for 2012;) with my vote and donations!!!

Ron Paul 2012 or Else!

i expect him to be on later in the show as they milk ratings as we watch..

Bruno
01-06-2010, 08:09 PM
bump on now

RM918
01-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Ok, he was ranting a bit. I think it's safe to admit that.

EDIT: A little long-winded, but standard stuff. Pretty decent.

BenIsForRon
01-06-2010, 08:10 PM
You have to keep in mind that Rachel is lucky to have a job. And her job is with employer MSNBC, whose corporate owner is General Electric, who received over $140 billion of your money from Emperor Obama (who too damn cheapass to use his own money, had to use yours to own his own television station). General Electric is asking for more billions... that 140 billion didn't go far enough (CEO still wants to purchase an island or two, and he's short on cash) .. So don't expect a fair interview.

Obama is Kingggggggggg... He is Godddddddddddddd .... As long as you have more money to steal, he will seize it and buy more stuff to rule.. MSNBC is one of his conquests, so I won't even watch Ron Paul on that show tonight. I will not give him an extra rating point.

GE sold NBC to Comcast, so I don't know what kind of new conflict of interest they'll have.

reagle
01-06-2010, 08:11 PM
go get em Dr Paul.

MsDoodahs
01-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I love Dr. Paul.

Bruno
01-06-2010, 08:15 PM
short but sweet. left me wanting more

speciallyblend
01-06-2010, 08:15 PM
ron paul should of called out cheney and neo-cons more...

tangent4ronpaul
01-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Paul rocked - as usual!

The "warm up band" sucked - as usual....

-t

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2010, 08:16 PM
WOW!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T... very nice show Rachel Maddow considering the Ultra Liberal agenda.

MRoCkEd
01-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Ron Paul just kicked ass.

TheConstitutionLives
I thought he did good. Also love how he doesn't allow himself to fall into the shallow Left vs. Right bullsh*t.

BenIsForRon
Ok, he was ranting a bit. I think it's safe to admit that.

EDIT: A little long-winded, but standard stuff. Pretty decent.

He usually ends up ranting. I think he should answer the questions more precisely, while still tying his core principles into the answer. I think if he ranted less he would get on shows like Maddow more often.

ghengis86
01-06-2010, 08:19 PM
he spent a lot of time making it clear that the left and right are both wrong and that it is the people versus the establishment. i felt he made an effort to ignore the partisan bickering and made it clear that ideas and philosophy is more important than party affiliation

MsDoodahs
01-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Also love how he doesn't allow himself to fall into the shallow Left vs. Right bullsh*t.

:)

CGeoffrion
01-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Ron Paul vs Dick Cheney, I love it

RM918
01-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Honestly, what I miss most is Ron in debates. He really shined there because on these interviews, they only ever ask him about a couple things but never anything important so this is stuff I've heard from him dozens upon dozens of times over.

Tina
01-06-2010, 08:23 PM
From my perspective he wasn't ranting. Maddow said he was interesting and unique, which he is- Good interview overall. He is so right about the fact that right and left have the same MIC agenda and people are realizing that it's not right vs. left, but all of us against the establishment. Rock on Dr. Paul.:cool:

TortoiseDream
01-06-2010, 08:24 PM
great answer to the partisan question!

ghengis86
01-06-2010, 08:26 PM
From my perspective he wasn't ranting. Maddow said he was interesting and unique, which he is- Good interview overall. He is so right about the fact that right and left have the same MIC agenda and people are realizing that it's not right vs. left, but all of us against the establishment. Rock on Dr. Paul.:cool:

it was all she could do to keep from saying "you're right". unique, interesting, etc. are sort of a slight in my opinion.

"that new ice cream flavor is interesting and unique, but I'm going to stick to my old standby's of chocolate and vanilla"

steph3n
01-06-2010, 08:26 PM
tube?

RM918
01-06-2010, 08:28 PM
He's a lot more of a details sort of guy, which is what you see of him in debates. I've never, not once, seen Ron lacking for an answer even if they start asking him about really specific things.

low preference guy
01-06-2010, 08:30 PM

What is MIC?

steph3n
01-06-2010, 08:35 PM
What is MIC?

military industrial complex.

TortoiseDream
01-06-2010, 08:37 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com//discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7410389

check it out, lefties bashing paul

On that point [war], he'd sound like a prophet of wisdom and bravery to the many tired of both wars.

HOWEVER, on ALL other POINTS he is just as extreme rightward. He's a libertarian's libertarian.

His strain of thinking sprouts from the deep soil we have in Texas called "I got mine screw you."

He is utterly unaware how life can be difficult for anyone, except through laziness, lack of character or an unwillingness to learn.

He believes the problems of society rest with Government. Get rid of all Government save for defense and police protection and a few basic services (health care NOT among them) and all our national problems would be solved.

When he talks about the banking fiasco, he can also sound very common sense. He cleverly sticks to comments on the poor record of FED's enforcement of banking, finance laws. Everyone who hears him agrees with what he says, BUT he purposely avoids making it clear that the solution he thinks that would have prevented the crisis was NO REGULATION AT ALL!

His "social agenda" he'd throw us back into the stone age, restore racist laws (state's rights y'know) put women back in the kitchen pregnant and barefoot Etc.

Of course some on the Left dream mistakenly that his POV in this regard is really progressive as in gay marriage.

The truth rests in his strong belief in "states rights" which means in part states have a right to enact and enforce discriminatory laws that are beyond and outside the laws of the Federal Government.

Considering how many elections gay rights activists have lost in various states, such a belief means one thing. Gays would lose all their rights should a "state" voting population deem it necessary, and lose them without any recourse to federal relief.

He's a nightmare, except when he talks about ending the wars.

so so sad...how can we save them.

MN Patriot
01-06-2010, 08:39 PM
MSNBC is one of his conquests, so I won't even watch Ron Paul on that show tonight. I will not give him an extra rating point.

I don't think their ratings go up unless you have one of the Neilson boxes hooked to your TV. So watch guilt free and don't give business to their sponsors.

It was a good interview, she doesn't try to make Ron look like a fool. But she did call the founder of the Tea Parties a racist because he had a sign that said "Congress = plantation owner. Tax payers = n*gars". Rachel mocked his mis-spelling and called him a racist. Obviously she missed the point he was trying to make, that we are slaves to the government. That is what happens when you use the shunned N-word, people are too shocked to think when they see it. I'm sure he knows how to spell it, probably misspelled it on purpose.

Revolution0918
01-06-2010, 08:39 PM
tuuuube or it didnt happen

ghengis86
01-06-2010, 08:40 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com//discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7410389

so so sad...

don't ever do that to me again; i threw up a little in my mouth.

tangent4ronpaul
01-06-2010, 08:40 PM

UGH! - already?

I guess he should have started talking about the "oppressed people" and neo-Marxist philosophy..... :rolleyes:

-t

TortoiseDream
01-06-2010, 08:41 PM
lets join the DU forums!

lol...

Tina
01-06-2010, 08:42 PM
it was all she could do to keep from saying "you're right". unique, interesting, etc. are sort of a slight in my opinion.

"that new ice cream flavor is interesting and unique, but I'm going to stick to my old standby's of chocolate and vanilla"

Well, being as objective as possible, I didn't get that sense from Maddow and I don't think she was trying to slight him at all. It seems to me that you are perceiving it that way from your own personal bias against her . She seemed sincere to me, but I also wasn't looking for her to be biased against Dr. Paul, she's had him on before and seems to have some fondness for him. Your statement makes it apparent that you were not being objective, but wholly subjective about the interview.

We, as a people have got to quit doing that if we are going to make any headway in this major mess of a county. Don't ever forget that the separation of left and right was created to separate the public as a distraction away from the politicians. If they can keep us fighting against each other we don't notice what they are doing. It's constantly fueled by the left and right and we can't continue to be manipulated, if we do we WILL LOSE THIS WAR AGAINST THE POLITICIANS and the MIC.:mad:

tangent4ronpaul
01-06-2010, 08:43 PM

napalm?

you know - destroy the village in order to save it....

-t

LibertyEagle
01-06-2010, 08:44 PM
lets join the DU forums!

lol...

Don't do that. We hate it when others do it to us, so don't do it to them.

RM918
01-06-2010, 08:46 PM
UGH! - already?

I guess he should have started talking about the "oppressed people" and neo-Marxist philosophy..... :rolleyes:

-t

Yes, their main point is that Paul doesn't care about poor people or people without healthcare because ONLY way to help them is charity stolen from someone else.

ghengis86
01-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Well, being as objective as possible, I didn't get that sense from Maddow and I don't think she was trying to slight him at all. It seems to me that you are perceiving it that way from your own personal bias against her . She seemed sincere to me, but I also wasn't looking for her to be biased Dr. Paul, she's had him on before and seems to have some fondness for him. Your statement makes it apparent that you were not being objective, but wholly subjective about the interview.
We, as a people have got to quit doing that if we are going to make any headway in this major mess of a county. Don't ever forget that the separation of left and right was created to separate the public as a distraction away from the politicians. If they can keep us fighting against each other we don't notice what they are doing. It's constantly fueled by the left and right and we can't continue to be manipulated, if we do we WILL LOSE THIS WAR AGAINST THE POLITICIANS and the MIC.:mad:

i respectfully disagree with your assessment because all of our objectiveness is subjective to our own Proclivities , but care not to delve into it further and derail a thread.

regards

TortoiseDream
01-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Don't do that. We hate it when others do it to us, so don't do it to them.

Well on the one hand I'm clearly being sarcastic...

But on the other, why not? Why not engage in public debate? Why not discuss ideas in a civil manner? Maybe we are wrong, who knows. Will we ever find out by discussing things only amongst ourselves?

FrankRep
01-06-2010, 08:49 PM
lets join the DU forums!

lol...

Where are the (Thomas) Jefferson Democrats?

http://www.TheJeffersonDemocrat.com/

http://www.JeffersonDemocrat.org/

SLSteven
01-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I don't think their ratings go up unless you have one of the Neilson boxes hooked to your TV.

Is this true with cable? Do cable companies know which channels one watches?

ghengis86
01-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Is this true with cable? Do cable companies know which channels one watches?

big brother knows all!

(doubt it though)

garyallen59
01-06-2010, 08:51 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul on The Rachel Maddow Show 1/06/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK-SsBVzrQs)

someperson
01-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks gary!

Chester Copperpot
01-06-2010, 09:02 PM
video has now been removed wtf

someperson
01-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Wow, I just watched it. I love how he refocused the discussion from labels and personalities to policies.
Where's that homerun picture, again? ;)

mrchubbs
01-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Here's my upload of the appearance:

YouTube - Ron Paul avoids the bait on Rachel Maddow 01/06/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA7W5VAJ_78)

Enjoy!

someperson
01-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Thank you, mrchubbs!

sofia
01-06-2010, 09:18 PM
RP was on top of his game tonight.

Too damn bad the Big 3 networks dont give him airtime. If RP was allowed on the Sunday morning shows he'd go mainstream in a heartbeat!

parocks
01-06-2010, 09:28 PM

How can we save them?

You don't. Don't worry about it.
They'll come around, or they won't.

Tina
01-06-2010, 09:32 PM
i respectfully disagree with your assessment because all of our objectiveness is subjective to our own Proclivities , but care not to delve into it further and derail a thread.

regards

Objectivity, by definition, can't be subjective regardless of proclivities. But, I don't want to talk about it either. :p

sofia
01-06-2010, 09:35 PM

thats actually good for us...

many of the "conservative" idiots we are trying to reach judge the validity of a candidate by how much he or she is attacked by the left.

Thats why Palin is so popular with these folks.

ghengis86
01-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Objectivity, by definition, can't be subjective regardless of proclivities. But, I don't want to talk about it either. :p

and that's what I disagree with, regarding objectivity. :D

anywho, i'm sure there's another thread about it somewhere we could join

i do agree that maddow is a very gracious host, to Ron Paul especially. I almost think she's a closet RP supporter (like others have mentioned). Ed Schultz from the Ed Show can be a much bigger douche, but even last night he was blindsided by such honest truth, he could only mutter, "yeah....mmhmmm....yep...." sometimes they can't keep up the left/right game when faced with such pwnage

Allan Bartlett
01-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Just watched it. Fantastic.

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 10:48 PM
HUZZAH!!! Ron Paul is my President!

TortoiseDream
01-06-2010, 10:53 PM

many of the "conservative" idiots we are trying to reach judge the validity of a candidate by how much he or she is attacked by the left.

are you sure about that?

jbrace
01-06-2010, 11:05 PM
How can we save them?

You don't. Don't worry about it.
They'll come around, or they won't.

I'm down for joining and speaking some truth around those forums!!

dannno
01-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Here's my upload of the appearance:

Enjoy!

Thanks!

idirtify
01-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Too bad Ron didn’t get a chance to tear into Harvard Law Professor Elizabeth Warren who appeared later in the show to advocate government regulation. I haven’t heard a leftie argue such straight and clear liberal dogma for a long time. I mean she elaborated on her ignorance in DETAIL. She was SUCH a sitting duck! What a missed opportunity for Ron to hit a grand-slam (AND explain a libertarian principle that is so relevant with so many of today’s issues)! He would have enjoyed it.

Anyway…I have a question. At minute 8:20 Ron mentioned “child health care” as something that government money should be spent on (rather than war), but I’m not sure about his point (in the context of his statement). It sounded like he was endorsing a health care bill, but surely not. Any insight?

cpike
01-07-2010, 01:18 AM
He was talking about the irony in spending billions on wars and then saying SCHIP is evil. Paul beleives your only honest if you oppose both, though he smartly doesnt word it that way.

Andrew-Austin
01-07-2010, 01:22 AM

are you sure about that?

The second sentence sounded right to me. They are highly reactionary like that.

devil21
01-07-2010, 04:02 AM
are you sure about that?

I'm sure there's truth to that. Remember the team "us vs. them" mentality carried by so many (uninformed) voters these days. If anyone with an R next to their name is under attack by the "liberal media" then they fall in line behind that person just to be a "team player", even if the candidate isn't worth a shit. It's why divide and conquer and the Hegalian Dialectic works so well. Both sides play off each other but the end result is still the same.

The Deacon
01-07-2010, 04:41 AM
I'm sure there's truth to that. Remember the team "us vs. them" mentality carried by so many (uninformed) voters these days. If anyone with an R next to their name is under attack by the "liberal media" then they fall in line behind that person just to be a "team player", even if the candidate isn't worth a shit. It's why divide and conquer and the Hegalian Dialectic works so well. Both sides play off each other but the end result is still the same.

Palin's appeal is all about the cultural grievances and the perception of her victimization at the hands of those evil liberals. No doubt about it.

TheState
01-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Anyway…I have a question. At minute 8:20 Ron mentioned “child health care” as something that government money should be spent on (rather than war), but I’m not sure about his point (in the context of his statement). It sounded like he was endorsing a health care bill, but surely not. Any insight?

I think he was saying that it's hypocritical of regular republicans to say that they are for fiscal constraint and against domestic spending, but they support an increase in military spending. College kids can see this and dismiss them. That's what I got out of it anyway.

LibertyEagle
01-07-2010, 06:40 AM
I think he was saying that it's hypocritical of regular republicans to say that they are for fiscal constraint and against domestic spending, but they support an increase in military spending. College kids can see this and dismiss them. That's what I got out of it anyway.

SOME college kids. Don't forget that the majority of them voted for Obama.

silverhandorder
01-07-2010, 06:45 AM
SOME college kids. Don't forget that the majority of them voted for Obama.

As far as republicans are concerned tho you do not find many republican college kids who support republicans.

Romulus
01-07-2010, 06:53 AM
once again.. RP hits a homerun, shattering the false left/right paradigm.

LibertyEagle
01-07-2010, 06:54 AM
As far as republicans are concerned tho you do not find many republican college kids who support republicans.

So, they support Democrats? Is that supposed to be better?

silverhandorder
01-07-2010, 07:04 AM
So, they support Democrats? Is that supposed to be better?

No they are in the category of I don't give a fuck about republicans. They have their education to worry about. Even though they are sympathetic to right's ideals they do not get involved. Out of all my friends in college who are republicans not one went to vote. Put RP up on there and I guarantee you I can even get my democrat friends to vote for him.

catdd
01-07-2010, 09:02 AM
It would have been a good time for him to ask what has happened to the left wing anti-war movement since Obama has taken the White House. Code Pink, Movin on, and the like have suddenly grown silent as church mice. At least conservatives are confronting their own problems.

lester1/2jr
01-07-2010, 09:02 AM
lol a little on the scattershot side but it was late

fatjohn
01-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Well right now those at DU are way too narrowminded. They do agree with Paul foreign policy. When the dollar crashes they might start to agree with his fiscal policy and when they do not think he is a racist, which most of them do, we could save some souls there. But most of them are already lost.

reduen
01-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Very nice interview here. Thank you very much for posting this...

devil21
01-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Palin's appeal is all about the cultural grievances and the perception of her victimization at the hands of those evil liberals. No doubt about it.

Bingo. Taken from another forum:

"They've been trying to use the Alinsky playbook on Palin- and they've failed miserably.

I'm not a special fan of Palin but my favorite thing about her is that she has the right enemies.

This makes me suspect she's on the right track."

And there ya have it. Nothing to do with what she does or says but rather who hates her. Or at least acts like they hate her.