PDA

View Full Version : Please donate to help cover a town in signs

Jordan
10-04-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm doing a massive campaign this weekend to get Ron Paul's name EVERYWHERE.

I'm raising $150 to cover a city of 160,000 people in the Ron Paul message. The people who see this message will bring much more than $150 in donations to the campaign. Consider yourself as leveraging your investment.

For all of those who are maxed out and still want to contribute this is another great way to help out.

I've already received a pledge of $50, so we really only need to raise $100. Thanks

http://ronpaulforprezzz.chipin.com/painting-ron-paul-in-evansville

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Chipped in!

Lord Xar
10-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Jordan,

after you do this run... I can get you like 40 or so 14" x 22" Signs for Telephone polls and such.. do you have a staple gun?

can you and your pals put these up too when I send them?

If so -- go to this site, and go to: grassroots (link at the left)...

and then just email me from that site.
www.unitedforliberty.com

thehittgirl
10-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Former Hoosier here...

I don't get paid til the 11th...have a chip in myself, but I can give to you then if you still need it.

I have been using boxes. You can find them in back of stores near dumpsters. I got a whole bunch yesterday at Dunkin Donuts. I cut them up, paint them, have stencils, use a sharpie marker or paint, and voila...instant sign. I hang em with a hammer and nails

Just wanted to say it's cool to see young people taking interest. My son will be 13, and he's been helping me out a lot. Except for tonight...mom did all the work and hung 5 signs tonight.

runderwo
10-04-2007, 07:25 PM
I sent 35

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Bumpered.

Jordan
10-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Chipped in!

Thanks for the support!

Jordan,

after you do this run... I can get you like 40 or so 14" x 22" Signs for Telephone polls and such.. do you have a staple gun?

can you and your pals put these up too when I send them?

If so -- go to this site, and go to: grassroots (link at the left)...

and then just email me from that site.
www.unitedforliberty.com

If you send it, we'll make sure it gets put up. We're looking to travel around to get his name out. After we paint our hometown, we want to move to areas surrounding and do it all over again. We're wanting to do everything we can to get the name out there.

I sent 35

Thanks for the contribution, its very much appreciated.

M.Bellmore
10-05-2007, 09:35 AM
hey guys, can you set your about so that people can see what city/state you are from (or in your sig)?

Jordan
10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
hey guys, can you set your about so that people can see what city/state you are from (or in your sig)?

I'll do that right now.

Just so everyone knows, we're from Evansville Indiana. Really really red state, so any GOP person has a great advantage.

Jordan
10-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Bump

Jordan
10-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Bump once more. $45 til we reach $100, which will then be matched with $50 more.

Tn...Andy
10-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Friend, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but we've spent 10 times that here doing hand made signs, banners, telephone signs, etc, and barely scratched the surface on name recognition in a town of 60,000.

If all you need is 150 bucks, get off the internet and go pick up beer cans. 6,000 of 'em will get you 150 bucks from the recycling place. ( 25 cans/lb @ 0.60/lb )

Jordan
10-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Friend, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but we've spent 10 times that here doing hand made signs, banners, telephone signs, etc, and barely scratched the surface on name recognition in a town of 60,000.

If all you need is 150 bucks, get off the internet and go pick up beer cans. 6,000 of 'em will get you 150 bucks from the recycling place. ( 25 cans/lb @ 0.60/lb )

I'll take it as advice.

I cant see it taking more than $150 to cover my town in hundreds of signs. Spray paint and materials aren't expensive, and we certainly arent being compensated for our work. The area is dominated by one newspaper and a couple news stations.

Our banners will read "Google Ron Paul" and "Ron Paul - Hope For America" the signs that simply say Ron Paul for President are largely ignored by the masses. If you require an action, such as googling, the reader has to go look for more information; at that point, you've already secured a viewer.

We want people to see the signs and ask around, "who is this Ron Paul?" Have you seen the signs for him? Its this kind of conversation that will get his name and his message out to the people.

A couple hundred signs in some good places will easily generate the name recognition we need.

McDermit
10-06-2007, 10:38 AM
try to get scrap billboard material so you dont have to spend money on tyvek or anything

LibertyEagle
10-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Jordan,

I think it's great what you're doing, but please keep in mind, that we're going to have to get beyond just posting signs. No one is going to vote for someone whose name they just saw on a sign. They're going to need more information.

Are you guys planning on handing out some Slim Jims or something? Maybe even talking some stores into putting flyers on their counters?

Jordan
10-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Jordan,

I think it's great what you're doing, but please keep in mind, that we're going to have to get beyond just posting signs. No one is going to vote for someone whose name they just saw on a sign. They're going to need more information.

Are you guys planning on handing out some Slim Jims or something? Maybe even talking some stores into putting flyers on their counters?

This is just supplementing what we've already done.

The signs go along with the meetup holding signs at our huge annual fall festival, passing the No Tax Tips page to restaurant workers and just general word of mouth.

This drive will not only get his name out to motorists, but it should get a Ron Paul article where it really needs to be, the news. $150 is the cheapest advertising you can get in any paper, period.

Tn...Andy
10-06-2007, 04:05 PM
I'll take it as advice.

I cant see it taking more than $150 to cover my town in hundreds of signs. Spray paint and materials aren't expensive, and we certainly arent being compensated for our work. The area is dominated by one newspaper and a couple news stations.

Our banners will read "Google Ron Paul" and "Ron Paul - Hope For America" the signs that simply say Ron Paul for President are largely ignored by the masses.

Was advice....not trying to cut down your efforts.....and all our labor is volunteer as well.

But it's hard to make many signs of any size for 150 bucks, I'll tell you. I'm the king of cheap and I'd have trouble doing it.

For example, here are 12"x16" phone pole signs.....using silk screening, ( THE cheapest way.....way, way, way cheaper than spray paint in cans ) putting them on 1/4" foam board ( the folding kind that goes under vinyl siding ), we have about 30 cents each in these......so 150 bucks get 500 of these.....but they ARE small. We find them to be effective on poles out away from any other distractions......so if you go this route, DON'T put them in an area already crowded with other signs, etc, or people don't see them.

http://www.digistash.com/data/026a39ae63343c68b5223a95f3e17616/5728_p119284.jpeg

Next is Tyvek banners. A full size roll of Tyvek is about 150 bucks....that's 9'x150'.....cutting it down into 3' strips, you get 450 linear feet out of a roll. That will make "about" 50 banners ( we make ours 8'8" and roll up couple inches on each end with a stick stapled to it for something to tie around and stretch the banner tight ).....takes about another buck or so spray paint per banner....so you're at 200 + for say 50 banners......4 bucks each.

http://www.digistash.com/data/026a39ae63343c68b5223a95f3e17616/5728_p120003.jpeg

Next are some kind of plywood or sheet type 4x8....cheapest I've been able to get that down to is about 10 bucks using a flimsy 1/4" wafer board stapled to a 1x3 to add rigidity, then paint white and spray paint a stencil......makes the best sign IMHO, but the most costly. We save them for locations that folks allow a big sign so they will stay up the longest.

http://www.digistash.com/data/026a39ae63343c68b5223a95f3e17616/5728_p120002.jpeg

bbachtung
10-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Will you please take pictures / video of the aftermath?