PDA

View Full Version : Nov 17: Ohio State v. U. Michigan: BIGGEST college football game in country! Flyover?

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 05:30 PM
EDIT: Chip in here!!! http://osuvmichigan.chipin.com/osu-v-michigan-flyover-nov-17

Should we start fundraising for a flyover at The Ohio State University for November 17th? I guarantee that if we can get people in the stands handing out Ron Paul material with Ron Paul shirts, as well as a flyover, that might be one of the best advertisements that month.

What do you guys think? Any supporters in Ohio?

P.S. I also want to do this because my advisor thinks Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance, and he goes to the Buckeye game every year. ;-)

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 05:35 PM
This is serious! :(

Michael Ingram
10-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Seriously, this game is huge, everyone should donate to this (especially if you are maxed out)

ross11988
10-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Why not, they did a flyer over at the other U of Michigan game. Start the chipin

FrankRep
10-04-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm in Columbus.

My meetup group would be very excited if all of you want to help us raise money for a fly over. I'll tell my group leader. He'll setup a Chipin for it.

Cunningham
10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Hit up the Coulmbus meetup group. I'm sure they'll be down. Whats the bill on something like that run? I might chip a few bucks toward that when I get paid next week.
It'll be nice to watch it fly around while we kick michigan's butt.

ghemminger
10-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Wow - This would be huge!

surf
10-04-2007, 05:44 PM
don't forget RP football day on the Oct. 27th. i'm trolling for funding a banner or two over Husky Stadium - it's our HC game against Arizona.

maybe OSU and UW could team up on a nice one that we could ship to Columbus following the game....

This should be in the college football sticky

McDermit
10-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Start the chipin!

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm in Columbus.

My meetup group would be very excited if all of you want to help us raise money for a fly over. I'll tell my group leader. He'll setup a Chipin for it.

Definitely! Start the Chipin!!!

JAHOGS
10-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Maybe not the biggest game in the country if you ask football fans down here in the south, but a good idea it is.

Jared Callanan
10-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Frankrep,

Start a chipin and make sure you keep us informed of how you are doing and what kind of donations you are going to need to make it happen.

Someone get rates from the air plane folks.

McDermit
10-04-2007, 05:56 PM
The Penn Sate Ohio game on 10/27 will be pretty damn big too. Probably one of the biggest of Penn State's season, second to ND.

I'm torn beteen the game and REO Speedwagon. lol. We already have front row tickets to that noise.

Drknows
10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Cant we just buy a remote control blimp and go state to state or ship it out? haha

Check this out
http://www.advertisingballoons.com/remote-control-blimps.htm

http://www.advertisingballoons.com/images/remote20ftsaturn1.jpg

$1550 for a 8 Foot RC Blimp

$1950 for a 10-11 Foot RC Blimp

$2550 for a 15 Foot RC Blimp

$3150 for a 20 Foot RC Blimp

Those are plain white ones no color though, BUT you could easily paint some ron paul revolution logos on the side or just 2008!!

OOPS those are indoor ones The outdoor ones are bigger and more expensive says call.

http://www.advertisingballoons.com/images/remoteoutdoor20ft3.jpg 30 footer!!!!

Also once the seasons over you could resell it and use the money to run some news paper ads!

sounds like a good idea to do one though

FrankRep
10-04-2007, 06:06 PM
http://osuvmichigan.chipin.com/osu-v-michigan-flyover-nov-17

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Bump!

http://osuvmichigan.chipin.com/osu-v-michigan-flyover-nov-17

Drknows
10-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Bump:cool:

bobmurph
10-04-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't think there will be many people in The 'Shoe on November 17th considering the OSU/UM game is in Ann Arbor this year.

How about another Big House flyover? Seems like the folks up in A2 have it down to a science now!

Jared Callanan
10-04-2007, 07:06 PM
yep bump that.. this fly over is big time

mavtek
10-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Guys hate to break it to you, but that's not the biggest game in country. Michigan and Ohio aint so great this year. It's Texas and OU this year, even though they both lost.

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Why is Chip-in not showing my donation? :( :( :(

FrankRep
10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
It's in Michigan!!

crap

FrankRep
10-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Why is Chip-in not showing my donation? :( :( :(

I see one donation. $10

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 07:10 PM
This year? Really? Crap, indeed!

What do we do about it?

FrankRep
10-04-2007, 07:11 PM
How popular is OSU v Michigan in Michigan?

I can give them the money

FrankRep
10-04-2007, 07:13 PM
I see your $50 dollar donation in the dashboard.

Jared Callanan
10-04-2007, 07:32 PM
OSU vs. Michigan is always the most popular college football game of the year

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 07:35 PM
It's huge. I'm sure tens of thousands of Buckeye fans will be DRIVING to Michigan.

bobmurph
10-04-2007, 07:37 PM
It's huge. I'm sure tens of thousands of Buckeye fans will be DRIVING to Michigan.

Ohio meetups need to put up overpass signs on I-75 & hwy 23.

BTW, technically, every Michigan game is the biggest game of the week because they have the biggest stadium in college football and have sold out every game since the early 70's.

McDermit
10-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Ohio meetups need to put up overpass signs on I-75 & hwy 23.

BTW, technically, every Michigan game is the biggest game of the week because they have the biggest stadium in college football and have sold out every game since the early 70's.

Yeah, but you want to do a flyover for one, maybe two of the BIGGEST games (the ones where more out of staters show up.) If you fly over every game, you're gonna be hitting most of the same people.

Rob
10-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Holy hell how did I not notice this one earlier?? Hey if you guys can pull this off I think you should make it say something like Ohio State for Ron Paul, and we'll get ours to say Michigan for Ron Paul. I don't expect to have much trouble raising the money for this game. We already did Notre Dame, we're going to have another plane flying for Eastern Michigan, and we're already about half-way there for Purdue.

Also, I'm the head coordinator for the campaign in Ann Arbor and Chairman of Students for Ron Paul, I'm expecting to have about 15 of our people at the game holding signs and passing out literature. I was looking for some Buckeye's to join us; I think it would make a HUGE visual statement to the support and unifying power of Ron Paul. If I can get some of you guys to commit to being with us, I'm going to report this to the 2 Michigan papers and the Ann Arbor News. I expect they'll actually cover it, we're becoming quite well known in Ann Arbor. In fact according to Google trends, Ron Paul is searched for more in Ann Arbor than any other candidate of either party is searched for in any other city in Michigan.

M.Bellmore
10-04-2007, 08:56 PM
don't forget RP football day on the Oct. 27th. i'm trolling for funding a banner or two over Husky Stadium - it's our HC game against Arizona.

maybe OSU and UW could team up on a nice one that we could ship to Columbus following the game....

This should be in the college football sticky

Bump this! The reason for the focus on the 27th is also trying to get national attention. Tell all the local "ron paul friendly" newspapers / tv / radio.

I also see a Ohio State at Penn State game on the 27th. What about covering that you Pennsylvania and Ohio folks?

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Holy hell how did I not notice this one earlier??

We started it just today. :)

And I think that's a great idea! "Michigan for Ron Paul" and "Buckeyes for Ron Paul"! Excellent! I'll have to chip in some more!

Rob
10-04-2007, 11:43 PM
We started it just today. :)

And I think that's a great idea! "Michigan for Ron Paul" and "Buckeyes for Ron Paul"! Excellent! I'll have to chip in some more!

Make sure you do. Are you a member of the Columbus meetup. You should post it there if you are, if not then I will. I think this can be huge. Also, I've been given the privilege of introducing Ron Paul himself before he speaks at the University of Michigan. I would like to mention this even in my introduction as I was asked to spend a little time talking about our organization and what we do at Michigan. Hopefully that will really get this rolling.

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Awesome! Please do post it to the Columbus and Michigan Meetup groups! I'm part of the Greater Chicago Meetup, but as I live in the suburbs and can't go to Chicago that often, I'm not very involved.

Grandson of Liberty
10-05-2007, 12:19 AM
This is fantastic! Some other ideas. . .

1. For the Columbus group: "Woody would have voted for Ron Paul" signs and t-shirts for the home games. You guys in Columbus know what I'm talking about! Attach Woody Hayes to just about anything and it is instant attention. It might be too soon yet for Michigan "Bo/Ron Paul" shirts. I'll defer to the Michigan folks on that one.

2. What about coordinating the mich/ohio meetups into one event/tailgate? I mean, if Ron Paul can unite Buckeyes and Wolverines, he can certainly unite the rest of the country!

Rob
10-05-2007, 12:22 AM
This is fantastic! Some other ideas. . .

1. For the Columbus group: "Woody would have voted for Ron Paul" signs and t-shirts for the home games. You guys in Columbus know what I'm talking about! Attach Woody Hayes to just about anything and it is instant attention. It might be too soon yet for Michigan "Bo/Ron Paul" shirts. I'll defer to the Michigan folks on that one.

2. What about coordinating the mich/ohio meetups into one event/tailgate? I mean, if Ron Paul can unite Buckeyes and Wolverines, he can certainly unite the rest of the country!

I agree completely. Every OSU fan wants to be a part of this please contact me.

Eric21ND
10-05-2007, 03:47 AM
we need to do this!

Grandson of Liberty
10-07-2007, 03:39 AM
giving this a buckeye bump

amakris
10-07-2007, 08:32 AM
The theme of the message for the OSU/U-M game should be "Even bitter rivals OSU and U-M can agree on Ron Paul."

Run with it.

Rob
10-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I see that you only need another $270 for the banner keep up the good work guys!

Grandson of Liberty
10-08-2007, 02:08 AM
The Penn Sate Ohio game on 10/27 will be pretty damn big too. Probably one of the biggest of Penn State's season, second to ND.

I'm torn beteen the game and REO Speedwagon. lol. We already have front row tickets to that noise.

How about you go to REO Speedwagon, and I'll send you the address to where you can send the football tickets? :D