PDA

View Full Version : This Old Baby-Boomer Wants a Reunion

raiha
01-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Is it feasible for us to all have one ginormous Meet-Up??? It would not have to be organized particularly. We could all just head to a camp-ground of your choice in the middle of summer (my winter :D) and have conversations with one another, or ignore one another as the case may be.

I have tried to leave the forum several times and failed. It is because i see the handful of people here as real hope for the world. What happens in the US will spread to affect all of us on the planet. I don't know whether you ever experience your ability to see through the veils as a huge responsibility or not but I believe you do have a responsibility to try hard to make a difference. I am very moved when i see and hear many of you striving to make that difference and it is only when i am so moved that i wish I was young again and an American so i could join in. Out of the mud grows the lotus flower.
I believe one day history will look back and celebrate those of you who are working so hard to make the kind of intelligent difference the world so desperately needs. I would love to meet you. Who knows...maybe the man himself may make an appearance!

What do you think?

raiha
01-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Wow that was a roaring success.
Can someone else have the idea please and lets see if that works.
Either I'm on lots of people's 'ignore' list or there are lots of introverts here.
Either way, it saves me $2000!:D

RP4EVER
01-07-2010, 02:47 AM
raiha; Id be interested; if someone can give me a heads up on when it is

UtahApocalypse
01-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Maybe there can be another "Ronstock"

raiha
01-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Well i think there would need to be more interest than this. Three won't cut it. :D

And it is all very well for me to have great ideas in the comfort of my own country waiting for an American to organize it. Anyway just putting it out there. I could sit down and figure out the median state we are in and arrange to go there. Google is a wonderful thing. But getting some enthusiasm is a pre-requisite.

liberalnurse
01-08-2010, 07:07 AM
I'm certainly interested. I think people are hesitant to reply until a date and state are mentioned.