PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul tells Cheney to back off Obama

RonPaulFanInGA
01-05-2010, 09:58 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/74319-ron-paul-tells-cheney-to-back-off-obama

speciallyblend
01-05-2010, 10:25 PM
sharonlite(comment section) is sarah palin i think;)

Mini-Me
01-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I truly hope the comment section is being flooded by paid shills, because it does not bode well if there are really that many short-sighted and rabid neocons still around...

GunnyFreedom
01-05-2010, 10:39 PM
The US has 700 permanent military bases in 135 nations. There are only 194 nations on the planet earth. The American military empire therefore occupies 135/194, or about 70% of all the nations on planet earth. Additionally, we run military operations, without the permission of the host government in (right now) at least 4 nations, and as many as 10 others with their permission. The fundamental problem in communication here, is that the collectivist interventionists are afraid to even read, or to think critically about the facts. We the people have allowed our government over the last 20 years, to depart radically from the Reagan doctrine of "Peace Through Strength" and have therefore subjected ourselves to the danger of radicalized enemies who want to do us harm. Ronald Reagan was a Ron Paul fan, and Ron Paul is right. We need to step back our global occupation to about 5 key geopolitical bases, return most of our troops home to defend the United States (instead of defending the various tin-pot military dictatorships of the Middle East, like we have been doing) and stop creating 10 new radicalized enemies for every one that we manage to destroy.

(ETA: Baby steps... )

raiha
01-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Scary comments.

tpreitzel
01-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Scary comments? ;)

They'll likely never print mine. Dick has quite the history and none of it is good. Although I don't take much stock in the book, Trance Formation of America, parts of it are likely correct. During Cheney's hunting incident in Texas, a researcher came upon a photograph showing Cheney's, ahem, private parts under his pants and remarked that the photograph reminded him of O'Brien's book. If O'Brien's story were totally fabricated, well, how did she know about Cheney's, ahem, private parts? I wish that I could locate this researcher's remarks which were published during the time of Cheney's incident in Texas where he stonewalled law enforcement's investigation for at least a day.
And, we have Norman Mineta's testimony to the 9/11 Commission about Cheney's remarks to one of his aides in his bunker during the attacks on 9/11 where Cheney replied, "Have you heard anything different?", to the messenger's request of Cheney, "Do the orders still stand?". Well, Dick, what orders ... orders to allow the inbound planes to hit their targets perhaps? Since I personally remember GW Bush granting the military a standing order to shoot down ANY unidentifiable aircraft operating in the skies PRIOR to 9/11, Cheney's aide certainly couldn't be asking Cheney for permission to shoot the planes down since a standing order had already been given by the CINC himself, GW Bush.

Anyway, that's a short recap of a COUPLE of shady incidents involving Dick and why he really needs to shut up, stand trial, and suffer the consequences.

Aratus
01-06-2010, 08:41 AM
rep. ron paul is correct...

FrankRep
01-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Kansas City Star: Ron Paul kicks Dick Cheney to the curb (http://voices.kansascity.com/node/7107)

catdd
01-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Kansas City Star: Ron Paul kicks Dick Cheney to the curb (http://voices.kansascity.com/node/7107)

But notice how the author will not cross the line and say that the Iraq invasion was completely wrong - he just says it's taking too long to win it.