PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Graham Censured Again; Blames Ron Paul

RonPaulFanInGA
01-05-2010, 09:28 PM
http://www.thestate.com/local/story/1096389.html

U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham said a Lexington County Republican Party vote to censure him was engineered by libertarians within the party more concerned about ideological purity than with growing the GOP or with effective public policy.

Graham said the 13-7 vote to censure him was engineered by supporters of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, a Texas Republican who ran for president in 2008. Paul is a libertarian who favors strict limits on government authority.

“I have tried my best to be a conservative that can grow and build this party,” Graham said, noting his efforts to reach out to African Americans and to work with Democrats in Congress when possible. “They have no desire to do that – I do.”

MichelleHeart
01-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Pragmatism = Fail.

Reason
01-05-2010, 09:32 PM
censure him = what exactly...

BenIsForRon
01-05-2010, 10:13 PM
I think Lindsey Graham is confusing ideological purity with ideological consistency.

speciallyblend
01-05-2010, 10:33 PM
censure him = what exactly...

i thought tar and feathring but i guess someone deleted it...

mczerone
01-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Lindsey Graham has desire only to play the Washington game, to trade favors for publicity and to engineer diversity instead of promulgating colorblind righteousness.

He is right that RP and supporters don't desire to play the popularity game without reference to any vision, and Lindsey makes it clear that he has no loyalty to any political vision except herding sheep and brokering deals with collectivist wolves.

Screw him and his baseless search for other people's adoration and money.

mczerone
01-05-2010, 10:42 PM
I'd suggest we hang and burn an effigy, but I couldn't bear to create something that even approximates his plastic hideousness.

JeNNiF00F00
01-05-2010, 10:43 PM
I cannot retreive the article.

Dianne
01-05-2010, 10:57 PM
You can't laugh more than that.. I think South Carolina should be allowed to secede, just so we don't have to put up with their retarded, ****** Senator anymore..

Please SC, go away and take California with ya.

JeNNiF00F00
01-05-2010, 11:00 PM
You can't laugh more than that.. I think South Carolina should be allowed to secede, just so we don't have to put up with their retarded, ****** Senator anymore..

Please SC, go away and take California with ya.

Oh come on now. We dont like him either! A LOT would like to see him gone.

BenIsForRon
01-05-2010, 11:03 PM

I've seen the word ****** used quite a bit here in recent days. Do you guys not realize this term is offensive to homosexuals, especially when used in an angry fashion like this?

lx43
01-05-2010, 11:04 PM
yeah I agree, I hate Graham myself and I'm from SC.

speciallyblend
01-05-2010, 11:08 PM
I've seen the word ****** used quite a bit here in recent days. Do you guys not realize this term is offensive to homosexuals, especially when used in an angry fashion like this?

people who use that word make me think they are neo-con fox watchers.

anyone that uses that term is lower then what is at the bottom of an outhouse!

take that crap back to hannity forums. I hear you

MichelleHeart
01-05-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm into girls, but I'm not really offended by that term. When some calls me a ***, I just say, "So what? I'm a ***. Big deal." The term loses meaning and becomes a cute little word to say.

Chomsky
01-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Pragmatism = Fail.

LOL! If only more people would realize this!

Matt Collins
01-05-2010, 11:46 PM
BETTER ARTICLE:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31168.html

from the last paragraph:

“You have these Ron Paul guys show up and try to take over the party,” the senator said. “They are not reflective of the Republican Party. And I hope this serves as a wakeup call to Republicans that they need to get involved.”

Matt Collins
01-05-2010, 11:51 PM

people who use that word make me think they are neo-con fox watchers.

take that crap back to hannity forums. I hear you

Really? :confused::rolleyes:

The people that I hear use it most often are actually some gay guys I happen to know!:eek:

They also don't usually call themselves homosexual, but instead prefer the word "*****".

I'm into girls, but I'm not really offended by that term. When some calls me a ***, I just say, "So what? I'm a ***. Big deal." The term loses meaning and becomes a cute little word to say.

Here is an entire campaign based around not saying "that's so gay" :rolleyes:
http://www.thinkb4youspeak.com/

specsaregood
01-05-2010, 11:53 PM

I too would be offended if people were equating me to Lindsay Graham, that's a low blow.

Andrew-Austin
01-05-2010, 11:56 PM

You need to keep up with the change of slang words.

The word *** or ****** is now used to refer to annoying Harley riders.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/254820

Nate
01-05-2010, 11:59 PM
I too would be offended if people were equating me to Lindsay Graham, that's a low blow.

+1

MichelleHeart
01-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Here is an entire campaign based around not saying "that's so gay" :rolleyes:
http://www.thinkb4youspeak.com/

The PC police are at it again!? Oh, wait they're always at it. In the LGBT community, I have differences with other gays and lesbians, but most transgender people I know are either conservative or libertarian for some reason. Maybe that's why other gays and lesbians often have trouble getting along with transgender people. Who knows?

amisspelledword
01-06-2010, 12:09 AM
...but most transgender people I know are either conservative or libertarian for some reason.

lies! this cant be! this is like saying a woman can be pro-life!

speciallyblend
01-06-2010, 12:19 AM
You need to keep up with the change of slang words.

The word *** or ****** is now used to refer to annoying Harley riders.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/254820

yep,i just hate that word i guess...

RSLudlum
01-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Oh the drama. :D

Lexington County kangaroo court rebuked (http://www.palmettoscoop.com/2010/01/05/lexington-county-kangaroo-court-rebuked/)
http://www.palmettoscoop.com/2010/01/05/lexington-county-kangaroo-court-rebuked/

During a staged event choreographed by a select few individuals, 13 fringe members of the Lexington County Republican Party passed a resolution censuring Sen. Lindsey Graham for working toward bipartisan solutions to some of the most difficult problems facing the country.

But the resolution was offered under auspicious circumstances and, ironically, with the same Chicago-style politics of President Obama that Graham has recently railed against...

They added that “Graham is a conservative problem-solver who is helping us build the Republican Party in Lexington County and South Carolina. With a 90 percent lifetime conservative rating, he fits the mold of his predecessor Strom Thurmond, who we all knew. We don’t agree with the Senator on every issue, but we don’t agree with any elected official on every vote. Overall, we believe Senator Graham to be a conservative stalwart and accomplished leader in our Party. He certainly did not deserve to be ambushed like he was last night.”

read the about the "charade" here (http://www.palmettoscoop.com/2010/01/05/lexington-county-kangaroo-court-rebuked/)

bunklocoempire
01-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Whoa, kinda feels like campaign mode all over again. But really, when doesn't it?

Go 'fringe' yourself Graham -and your sack o' crap-fear mongering-bought off- media-pork money spreading-suck ups! <-- just a guess, but if the local rag is like almost every other rag in the world, a real good guess.

Bunkloco

Dianne
01-06-2010, 07:16 AM

Actually I apologize because I certainly didn't mean to insult anyone that might be homosexual. I did mean to insult Lindsey Graham, who most suspect is a homosexual, who has made it part of his life's work to supress liberty and freedom for members of the gay community.

Graham is one of those that brings out the worst in me. How he continues to be elected in a conservative state like S.C. is beyond my imagination.

fisharmor
01-06-2010, 07:27 AM

Whereas everyone knows the mentally challenged should have been screened and aborted to begin with... so "retarded" is approved as a public term of derision.
[/tongue-in-cheek]

I like how the gay community's apologists has a monopoly on being offended these days.

Grow up, people.

wgadget
01-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Did you see this CNN article about it?

The "GOP" seems to be standing up for Graham. It seems to be a typical case of REAL CONSERVATIVES vs. the NEOCON GOP.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/05/graham-s-c-gop-leaders-push-back-against-censure/

BillyDkid
01-06-2010, 07:43 AM
I think Lindsey Graham is confusing ideological purity with ideological consistency.I think he is confusing ideological purity with having any principles at all.

pacelli
01-06-2010, 08:43 AM
The PC police are at it again!? Oh, wait they're always at it. In the LGBT community, I have differences with other gays and lesbians, but most transgender people I know are either conservative or libertarian for some reason. Maybe that's why other gays and lesbians often have trouble getting along with transgender people. Who knows?

I was thinking jealousy. Trans folks are the 'best of both worlds' for a reason. Native cultures referred to their trans members as having "two spirits".

catdd
01-06-2010, 09:35 AM
For a guy in favor of war and torture he sure does cry a lot.

erowe1
01-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Where were all these Graham haters in 2008 when they could have supported his more conservative Democrat opponent?

BuddyRey
01-06-2010, 09:43 AM

LOL! I know, right?

He's got a major Persecution Complex. Maybe he's been "radicalized." :D

catdd
01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Maybe he's into waterboarding. :)

mczerone
01-06-2010, 09:56 AM
So, one last time, let me get this straight:

Lindsay is all about "reaching out", and "growing the GOP" - right?

So why is he alienating the only fresh blood to the grand ol' party since Reagan? Why is the GOP resenting an energized group of diverse people with a wide range of political beliefs from joining the ranks of their formal apparatus? Why are the only people willing to go to local GOP meetings alienated and called "fringe" when they point out the technically treasonous behavior of the GOP's current "elected representative"?

It's all lust for power, protectionism, and putting the best interests of an entrenched few above the will and welfare of the wider population. But they have years of experience selling crap for breakfast, and they own the old food critics who are more than happy talking up this "highly refined, multiply combined, nutrient source" while calling the steak and eggs that we offer a "single protein slab brutally sliced from cute Bessie, and the aborted lives of future country alarm clocks - both of which clearly are an affront to your traditional way of life."

Stary Hickory
01-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Where were all these Graham haters in 2008 when they could have supported his more conservative Democrat opponent?

You mean one more statist Democrat who would try to ram fascist care on us? Really there is no such thing anymore as a conservative Democrat. This last year has proven that.

BuddyRey
01-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I can't wait 'til that sleazeball gets voted out of office!

YouTube - Is you is or is you ain't? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K27Ph_iwsHU)

kahless
01-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Did you see this CNN article about it?

The "GOP" seems to be standing up for Graham. It seems to be a typical case of REAL CONSERVATIVES vs. the NEOCON GOP.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/05/graham-s-c-gop-leaders-push-back-against-censure/

The comments over there are disgusting and mostly favor Graham.

angelatc
01-06-2010, 11:31 AM

That's a bonus, then.

cheapseats
01-06-2010, 11:40 AM

Yes, he DOES.

Twenty-five years living "West Hollywood Adjacent" calibrated my Gaydar pretty finely, and it flashes unmistakably that LINDSEY GRAHAM IS A CLOSET QUEEN.

No, I am not a homophobe -- though I DO and STRENUOUSLY object to their incessant clamor for perks as a Special Interest. Gays hold no special interest for me. They RECEIVE so much consideration as a Special Interest, I contend, BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY CLOSET QUEENS IN OFFICIALDOM.

I am MIGHTILY opposed to Appearance Versus Reality fakery and hypocrisy.

ladyjade3
01-06-2010, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=mczerone;2480747]So, one last time, let me get this straight:

Lindsay is all about "reaching out", and "growing the GOP" - right?

So why is he alienating the only fresh blood to the grand ol' party since Reagan? Why is the GOP resenting an energized group of diverse people with a wide range of political beliefs from joining the ranks of their formal apparatus? Why are the only people willing to go to local GOP meetings alienated and called "fringe" when they point out the technically treasonous behavior of the GOP's current "elected representative"?

/QUOTE]

QFTQFTQFTQFTQFTQFT!!!!!

Ethek
01-06-2010, 12:03 PM
I will post that I think Grahamns outburst has prompted Demint to officially throw in the support of club for Growth for Rand Paul in KYs senate race.

Id tell Grahamn to sit down and stuff it but it seems like this may be a nice development.

erowe1
01-06-2010, 12:30 PM
You mean one more statist Democrat who would try to ram fascist care on us? Really there is no such thing anymore as a conservative Democrat. This last year has proven that.

If you think Lindsey Graham is better than Bob Conley, you're probably on the wrong forum.

Dianne
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
My view is Graham is just a demo hanging on to a GOP seat. SC is one of those states, you also have a much better chance of winning under the GOP ticket. Maybe Graham is doing his best to alienate the liberty movement supporters in hopes he can assure a Democratic win. By now, I would hope the GOP knows they are going to lose with their current attitude towards the Ron Paul/Liberty movement.

Dianne
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
I can't wait 'til that sleazeball gets voted out of office!

YouTube - Is you is or is you ain't? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K27Ph_iwsHU)

Priceless !!!! :D

specsaregood
01-06-2010, 02:00 PM

You obviously don't know anything about who his "democrat" opponent was (Bob Conley). The state Democrat elite backed graham over their own nominee and were horrifed that their own nominee was "more conservative" than the Republican. He was a Ron Paul guy, through and through.

In the future,

The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Flash
01-06-2010, 02:40 PM

Bob Conley is a Ron Paul democrat and was one of our liberty candidates on this forum in 08.

American Nationalist
01-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Bob Conley is a Ron Paul democrat and was one of our liberty candidates on this forum in 08.

I was proud to contribute to this man's campaign.

steph3n
01-06-2010, 03:48 PM

A *** is a cigarette to me, british english.

Todd
01-06-2010, 08:45 PM

They only saw that one had an R and one had a D at the voting booth.