PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota Senator Dorgan Retires

Epic
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2010/01/05/dorgan-retiring/

He won't be seeking another term in 2010.

If republican governor Hoeven runs for the Senate, he'll have it easy. Regardless, this seat is likely flipping to Republicans.

sparebulb
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
It is good that Democrats are vacating congress. However, Dorgan was bad, but by far not the worst Democrat. I assume that the core Democrat party is not moving to the right by any means.

MN Patriot
01-05-2010, 08:55 PM
What an overachiever he was:

The work I have been able to do to expand our economy, create new opportunities in energy and water development, invent the Red River Research Corridor with cutting-edge world class research, build a stronger safety net for family farmers and much more has been a labor of love for me.

TCE
01-05-2010, 08:56 PM
It is good that Democrats are vacating congress. However, Dorgan was bad, but by far not the worst Democrat. I assume that the core Democrat party is not moving to the right by any means.

He's pretty liberal. He was the main Democratic supporter for Net Neutrality. Another nice pickup for Republicans if Hoeven decides to run. Obama has to be somewhat concerned now. If he doesn't start ramming bills through quicker, he'll never have the chance in 2011.

MN Patriot: Keep in mind he is one of the biggest obstacles right now to Cap-and-Trade. Without him, it likely would've been passed already.

South Park Fan
01-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Perhaps he realized it was inevitable:
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/north_dakota/election_2010_north_dakota_senate

hotbrownsauce
01-06-2010, 01:07 AM
What patriots capable of running in North Dakota do we have?

Dieseler
01-06-2010, 01:12 AM
That's three now, Chris Dodd, Byron Dorgan and Bill Ritter dropping out.

Dianne
01-06-2010, 08:05 AM
What an overachiever he was:

That made me chuckle ;)

Dianne
01-06-2010, 08:09 AM
I was wondering if the Obama admin. is strong arming potential congressional losers into retiring to save face for the Democratic party. Who are the other potential losers this year?

MsDoodahs
01-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Ed Shultz of "The Ed Show" is on MSNBC, the host hinted that Shultz will run for Dorgan's seat.

He should say in a few moments...

MsDoodahs
01-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Ed was asked to run for the ND Senate seat - he won't say whether or not he's going to.

It would mean he has to end his show, of course....

But he's "flattered" and "honored" to be asked.

He said the likely GOPer is very strong (but claims the guy is vulnerable in many areas).

Brian4Liberty
01-06-2010, 01:21 PM

Anyone from North Dakota with any ideas? Is there a Ron Paul Republican already running for that Senate Seat?

wrestlingwes_8
01-06-2010, 01:36 PM
I live in ND but I haven't heard of any Ron Paul Republicans possibly challenging the seat. IMO Ron Paul has more popularity throughout SD than ND but I do spend more time in SD since I live right on the border and go to college in SD. So there could be a candidate out there but I haven't heard of one yet.

TCE
01-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Anyone from North Dakota with any ideas? Is there a Ron Paul Republican already running for that Senate Seat?

Gov. Hoeven will smash anyone we throw up there. Best to let them battle it out and let us focus on some other races we can win. At the very least, the Democrats will be down a Senate seat in 2011, that's good news.

MN Patriot
01-06-2010, 05:49 PM

We need some carpetbaggers to go to ND from the south. The climate is nice, now that global warming is really kicking in!

painter4Ron Paul
01-06-2010, 06:54 PM

Dianne
01-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Probably retiring to be a lobbyist... although he is now, he can make much better money if he comes out and admits it; rather than lying his way through everything like Chris Dodd.

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Dorgan retiring? Comb-Over Running Thin?

I hope CFL is remaining cognizant on candidates for vacancies as the "RATS JUMP SHIP"

Dianne
01-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I wish the door would kick him in the a** a little bit faster.. Same with the "ultra" scumbag crook Dodd.

Every time I see Chris Dodd I have flashbacks of him and Teddy Kennedy with the waitress they sexually "sandwiched" at the same time. Great guys, you gotta love them, just what this country needed, lol. Glad to see both of them gone !!!! Maybe there is a God looking over us, afterall...