PDA

View Full Version : *UTUBE* ex-CIA and Ron Paul Supporter Michael Scheuer on CSPAN 1/4/2010

nbruno322
01-05-2010, 04:59 PM
YouTube - No Country Has The Right To Exist! Michael Scheuer Fmr CIA Bin Laden Unit Chief pt.1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hof3ZTEqznE)
YouTube - No Country Has The Right To Exist! Michael Scheuer Fmr CIA Bin Laden Unit Chief pt.2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19y048vYuiU)
YouTube - No Country Has The Right To Exist! Michael Scheuer Fmr CIA Bin Laden Unit Chief pt.3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRX0sNJmF6Q)
YouTube - No Country Has The Right To Exist! Michael Scheuer Fmr CIA Bin Laden Unit Chief pt.4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzVno2Upl2o)
YouTube - No Country Has The Right To Exist! Michael Scheuer Fmr CIA Bin Laden Unit Chief pt.5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHp1kEUaHD4)

purplechoe
01-05-2010, 05:20 PM
I just listened to the first part and could not finish. Scheuer is a not a friend of liberty. At the end of the first video he says that unless we are attacked again, that we will not deal with this problem properly. Plus he totally avoided the question about false flag... Michael Scheuer is "almost" worthless...

angelatc
01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks for posting this. I just happened to flip by when they were ending the interview.

People who are interested should archive anything they find on MoxNews. I can't believe that account hasn't been yanked..

cswake
01-05-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure what you mean about not being a friend of liberty. He is definitely a man who has spent a lot of his life trying to defend U.S. citizens from real, rather than perceived, threats.

If you dissect his comment about being attacked again, you can see that he is questioning the effectiveness of our political class to protect Americans. From his perspective, the only way it appears that the U.S. might *really* go back to the drawing board and stop further Middle East intervention is through an unfortunate "3 a.m. wake-up call". I personally think should another large-scale attack happen, it'll just cement policymakers into even larger incursions into the Middle East. Judging from the way he speaks, he seems convinced that it will be a matter of when, not if, such an attack occurs.

literatim
01-05-2010, 09:24 PM
I thought that was a very good interview.

jmdrake
01-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I quit listening after Michael Schuer failed miserably to answer the first callers question.

TheConstitutionLives
01-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Watched the whole thing. I have my disagreements but I enjoyed the perspective b/c I believe he's genuine in his beliefs. He's not blowing smoke up our asses like some pundit or politician blowhard. He said he's currently writing for Antiwar.com and is starting a new website soon called "Noninterventionists.com".

Goldhunter27
01-05-2010, 11:23 PM
I quit listening after Michael Schuer failed miserably to answer the first callers question.

Well, you should watch the rest. Another caller asks the same thing and he says he wasn't familiar with the details.

While I don't agree with everything he says, I love Michael Scheuer, the man spits knowledge.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-06-2010, 03:02 AM
Good interview.

Some of his views are a little extreme. He always seems to hold the overall thesis of "protect America at all costs." Though intellectually I agree with everything he is saying, I dont think these are arguments I would have ever come up with on my own without someone saying them first, because Scheuer, unlike myself, seems to lack any shred of idealism.

For instance, "Why does it matter if any other country in the world ever votes again?" I have come to find myself in agreement, but before I ever heard him say this, such a view would have never occurred to me.

jmdrake
01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Well, you should watch the rest. Another caller asks the same thing and he says he wasn't familiar with the details.

While I don't agree with everything he says, I love Michael Scheuer, the man spits knowledge.

Ok. Will do on your recommendation. But it's sad that "experts" are on TV making policy pronouncements about things they don't know all of the details on. Shouldn't the first rule before talking about a response to a terrorist attack be to find everything you can about the attack itself? And the way M.S. brushed off the point about "the database" by pretending it was made up was just said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/jul/08/july7.development

Thats a mainstream news report. The fact is that we know good and well we indirectly created Al Qaeda through our funding of the mujahadeen using Pakistan as a go between. As long as we collectively ignore this most "inconvenient truth" we'll never win the war on the war against terror.

dannno
01-06-2010, 12:36 PM
He says that the reason the terrorists hate us is because we support the Saudi police state and Israel.

Although he's correct, I think his focus is a bit narrow.. it's also because we are "fighting terrorism" in Afghanistan and Iraq as well as all of the other military and intelligence operations we have going on in that area... Fighting terrorism is an excuse for imperialism. I don't understand why he ignores all this stuff, and all the false flag stuff, he won't touch it.

paulitics
01-06-2010, 12:48 PM
He says that the reason the terrorists hate us is because we support the Saudi police state and Israel.

Although he's correct, I think his focus is a bit narrow.. it's also because we are "fighting terrorism" in Afghanistan and Iraq as well as all of the other military and intelligence operations we have going on in that area... Fighting terrorism is an excuse for imperialism. I don't understand why he ignores all this stuff, and all the false flag stuff, he won't touch it.

His focus is also narrow, because it doesn't include the policy of torture and extraordinary rendition which he handily developed during the Clinton years.

jmdrake
01-06-2010, 01:03 PM
His focus is also narrow, because it doesn't include the policy of torture and extraordinary rendition which he handily developed during the Clinton years.

I didn't know that. Now I do.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/24/AR2009042403459.html

Why are (some of us) holding this guy up as our CIA messiah? Because he's in intelligence circles and supports Ron Paul? We can do better. Ray McGovern anyone? :mad:

dannno
01-06-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm having a lot of fun with that TV show 'White Collar'. It's about the FBI investigating white collar crimes and it's starting to get into some rogue plots involving a LOT of... money?? Definitely something really important that the show hasn't revealed yet. It's a really trippy show, actually..

Most of you know I don't have TV, but if you can find a way ;) to watch the first 7 episodes, the 8th episode is airing in two weeks.

jmdrake
01-06-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm having a lot of fun with that TV show 'White Collar'. It's about the FBI investigating white collar crimes and it's starting to get into some rogue plots involving a LOT of... money?? Definitely something really important that the show hasn't revealed yet. It's a really trippy show, actually..

Most of you know I don't have TV, but if you can find a way ;) to watch the first 7 episodes, the 8th episode is airing in two weeks.

:confused: Connection to the thread is...?

dannno
01-06-2010, 05:22 PM
:confused: Connection to the thread is...?

Well you'll have to watch the show, I don't want to give away too much. It's about shady intelligence folks and it's starting to get into their rogue operations... but the series doesn't start out that way.

lester1/2jr
01-06-2010, 05:43 PM
he's a unique thinker. I liked his latest book, especially one chapter where he writes an al queda memo thing in which he lays out exactly why america is losing the war on terror. it's really brilliant. He does quote people like lincoln and machievelli all the time which is obviously quite foreign to libertarians or it was to me. good for him sticking to his guns. he and larry Johnson had a great fight at Johnsons old website which I stopped gonig to when he lost his marbles

Working Poor
01-09-2010, 02:15 PM
bump so I can find it again....

Chase
01-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Here's another recent (33m audio) Scheuer interview from Scott Horton @ Antiwar Radio (http://antiwar.com/radio/2010/01/07/michael-scheuer-11/).