PDA

View Full Version : FL GOP Chair Greer To Resign

angelatc
01-05-2010, 03:47 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/1410154.html

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer announced his resignation Tuesday amid criticism the party has been wasting money and not raising as much as it should.

Greer will step down Feb. 20, more than three years after Gov. Charlie Crist hand-picked him to run the state GOP. In recent weeks, major party donors and other leaders have called for his resignation, citing questionable party spending, lackluster fundraising and division among party loyalists.

Buh-Bye!

bobbyw24
01-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Thank God. Just hope the RPOF doesn't replace him with a similar ass.

Jim Greer:Destroying the RPOF Since 2006
Posted on 09 July 2009 by Heath.Whiteaker

Jim Greer
On July 2, Republican Party of Florida chairman Jim Greer officially removed Deon Long from his precinct committeeman post with the Orange County Republican Executive Committee as punishment for Long’s attempted takeover of OCREC.

Back in December, longtime OCREC chairman Lew Oliver was re-elected by one vote over the insurgent Long, a Winter Park lawyer, but only after rejecting more than a dozen or so potential Long votes because they didn’t turn in paperwork on time. Long and his allies sued, but a court dismissed his claims.

Calling that election invalid – two OCREC members abstained, which in Long’s view means that Oliver didn’t get the majority he needed – Long held a sort of shadow meeting in February, at which he was elected OCREC chairman. Except he wasn’t, because the state party didn’t recognize his “victory.” Greer summoned Long to a grievance hearing in March, where Oliver presented his case that Long should be ejected from the local GOP. Long didn’t show.

Finally, last week Long received the not-unexpected decision in a terse, one-page letter: “I accept and adopt the [grievance committee’s] unanimous recommendation that you should be removed from the position of Orange County Republican Precinct Committeeman effective immediately,” Greer wrote. “Please govern yourself accordingly.”

Greer’s decision “doesn’t have any consequences,” Long says dismissively. He recently re-filed his lawsuit against OCREC. He’s all but announced his campaign for Congress against Suzanne Kosmas.

This evening brought word of yet another Republican being brought to the grievance committee. Will Pitts of St. John’s County. In his grievance letter he received it stated why he was being brought to the committee. Here are the reasons
Attended a Pro-America Rally in Minneapolis hosted by the Campaign for Liberty and wore a “Ron Paul” button on my lapel after the Republican primaryAttended an End the Fed (Federal reserve bank) Rally in Jacksonville
Spoke or written things in a manner harmful to the GOP specially regarding RPOF Chairman Jim Greer and Gov. Charlie Crist by stating they are “pathetic and embarrassing” and other comments regarding Senator John McCain and President George Bush.

Is this really a party that I want to be a part of? I wouldn’t think all Republicans feel the same way Greer does. It would lead one to think he is on a little bit of an ego trip.
Eating your own does not seem to help the Republican Party either. With so much effort being put in by the GOP with Drive the Discussion round tables, and the listening tour it would seem that the party wouldn’t want to cause members to jump ship.
If Republicans want to get their party back it is time to stand up. We will not win in 2012 with the same people like Greer destroying the Republican Party.
Republicans are just coming off of a HUGE loss to Democrats. It would appear that the Republican Party would want to be in a BUILDING PHASE rather than a tearing down stage.

LittleLightShining
01-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Is this really a party that I want to be a part of?

Nope :(

I'm finding that I need to look really hard to see where my relationship with the GOP is going. I've given them much more than they've given me. I went from being a "rising star" this time last year to being dangerous because I criticized the governor for signing an unconstitutional bill and i'm a Campaign For Liberty member.

What is it with these organizations wanting us to just write checks and keep our mouths shut?

bobbyw24
01-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Nope :(

I'm finding that I need to look really hard to see where my relationship with the GOP is going. I've given them much more than they've given me. I went from being a "rising star" this time last year to being dangerous because I criticized the governor for signing an unconstitutional bill and i'm a Campaign For Liberty member.

What is it with these organizations wanting us to just write checks and keep our mouths shut?

I know--but in a few minutes I am heading off to a REPUBLICAN Liberty Caucus (formerly known as RON PAUL MEETUP) meeting--and Will Pitts will be there to celebrate Greer's demise

LittleLightShining
01-05-2010, 04:04 PM
I know--but in a few minutes I am heading off to a REPUBLICAN Liberty Caucus (formerly known as RON PAUL MEETUP) meeting--and Will Pitts will be there to celebrate Greer's demise

Now THAT sounds fun!

bobbyw24
01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Now THAT sounds fun!

Actually it is a great group of liberty-loving Republicans whom the RPOF treats like scoundrels

No hope with our new chair

FL Republican Chairman Greer Out! Replacement Is Highest Paid Lobbyist In Tallahassee
Today at 4:42pm
In an announcement that was not a surprise to those that watch such things, FL Republican Chairman Jim Greer was thrown under the bus. Not to worry, the bureaucrats at Republican Party of Florida have the party still under their thumb.

His replacement is none other than current FL State Sen. John Thrasher. He is aptly named since his previous job was as the HIGHEST paid lobbyist in Florida. He cleared $2.7 million a year as a hired gun for the usual bunch of special interests that need favorable legislation.

This is the problem with the Republican Party. While they talk a good game about limited government and open participation, all important decisions will be made by party bosses. And the most important decision will be 'How Do We Shake Down Corporations For Big Donations.'

If this is all people care about for the GOP, they will be well served by Mr. Thrasher.

If however the grassroots have any ideas about 'taking over the party and returning to constitutional/conservative principles' they have their answer. Sure, party bosses will speak eloquently about freedom and winning Republican majorities.

But when push comes to shove, YOU'LL BE THE ONE SHOVED! That's because someone has got to pay for the sweetheart deals that are handed over to companies like CSX railroad (what a coincidence: they're Thrasher clients!).

Mr. Thrasher made sure that Florida taxpayers coughed up not $1 million per mile for CSX owned tracks. Nope, Thrasher got $10 million per mile for the rail barons. That's the highest per mile cost for similar projects. Good work John.

But this is how things are done in the big city. All you tea party folks can just go wave your signs. The fat cats will call you when they need you.

meanwhile, the Florida Division of Elections has recognized the Florida TEA Party as an official party that will be on the ballot in 2010. http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?id=676589249&gv=12#/group.php?v=info&gid=198005734919

LittleLightShining
01-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Actually it is a great group of liberty-loving Republicans whom the RPOF treats like scoundrels

No hope with our new chair

FL Republican Chairman Greer Out! Replacement Is Highest Paid Lobbyist In Tallahassee
Today at 4:42pm
In an announcement that was not a surprise to those that watch such things, FL Republican Chairman Jim Greer was thrown under the bus. Not to worry, the bureaucrats at Republican Party of Florida have the party still under their thumb.

His replacement is none other than current FL State Sen. John Thrasher. He is aptly named since his previous job was as the HIGHEST paid lobbyist in Florida. He cleared $2.7 million a year as a hired gun for the usual bunch of special interests that need favorable legislation.

This is the problem with the Republican Party. While they talk a good game about limited government and open participation, all important decisions will be made by party bosses. And the most important decision will be 'How Do We Shake Down Corporations For Big Donations.'

If this is all people care about for the GOP, they will be well served by Mr. Thrasher.

If however the grassroots have any ideas about 'taking over the party and returning to constitutional/conservative principles' they have their answer. Sure, party bosses will speak eloquently about freedom and winning Republican majorities.

But when push comes to shove, YOU'LL BE THE ONE SHOVED! That's because someone has got to pay for the sweetheart deals that are handed over to companies like CSX railroad (what a coincidence: they're Thrasher clients!).

Mr. Thrasher made sure that Florida taxpayers coughed up not $1 million per mile for CSX owned tracks. Nope, Thrasher got $10 million per mile for the rail barons. That's the highest per mile cost for similar projects. Good work John.

But this is how things are done in the big city. All you tea party folks can just go wave your signs. The fat cats will call you when they need you.

meanwhile, the Florida Division of Elections has recognized the Florida TEA Party as an official party that will be on the ballot in 2010. http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?id=676589249&gv=12#/group.php?v=info&gid=198005734919

No, not a surprise at all.... *sigh*

bobbyw24
01-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Now THAT sounds fun!

You know--our Ron Paul Meetup group has grown nicely after the 2008 election. It is very inspiring. I figured after the Feb 2008 Fla primary that it would fade away but it has done nicely--and attracts new people each meeting. We usually have about 100 people at meetings.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v222/1531/11/n1672114851_6888.jpg

angelatc
01-05-2010, 04:26 PM

High five him for me.

I have no idea why people think change will come easily.

Wow - so the head of the GOP is appointed, not elected?

bobbyw24
01-05-2010, 04:27 PM
High five him for me.

I have no idea why people think change will come easily.

Yep--it takes years, something we older folks (over 30) at RPF understand.

angelatc
01-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Crist, former Gov. Jeb Bush and other party leaders are encouraging party activists to elect state Sen. John Thrasher to replace Greer this weekend. Thrasher is a former House speaker who worked as a lobbyist until returning to the Legislature last year.

Is there any way to thwart this? Having the Crist endorsement can't be an awesome thing these days.

Matt Collins
01-05-2010, 11:33 PM
I hope he gets sued to oblivion for the atrocities and abuses of power he has committed while Chair of the Florida GOP. I'd like to see him impoverished for the rest of his life because of it - that would be justice.

TCE
01-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Did everyone miss the TEA Party on the ballot thing? We should be able to run a Liberty candidate or two as a TEA Party candidate and get some serous votes, even without a ton of money in Florida. Anyone in Florida know someone who wants to win a House seat?

bobbyw24
01-06-2010, 06:08 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31176.html

Matt Collins
01-06-2010, 05:06 PM
This is great news. It's all over Florida today!