PDA

View Full Version : Glen Bradley Campaign needs help from everyone:

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2010, 11:28 PM
In my run for NC State House, which must now go forward at full speed, I am seeking help from all of RPF's:

Help me pick a date for my moneybomb. Due to input from the forums, I agree that should time a moneybomb for middle-ish February. See the dates posted below. I am currently leaning towards February 14th due to the with array of provocative topics.

I need a moneybomb webpage built. I no longer have the authoring tools to do so effectively myself.

I would very very much like a thermometer-like live donation ticker, and I am wholly incapable of coding it.

Dates under consideration:

February 10: nothing provocative

February 11th

February 11th 1794 – First session of United States Senate open to the public.

February 11th 1812 – Massachusetts governor Elbridge Gerry "gerrymanders" for the first time. (One of my primary platform points is redistricting to combat gerrymandering)

February 12-13: nothing provocative

February 14th

The cool:

February 14th 1778 – The United States Flag is formally recognized by a foreign naval vessel for the first time, when French Admiral Toussaint-Guillaume Picquet de la Motte rendered a nine gun salute to USS Ranger, commanded by John Paul Jones.

February 14th 1803 – Chief Justice John Marshall declares that any act of U.S. Congress that conflicts with the Constitution is void.

The interesting:

February 14th 1855 – Texas is linked by telegraph to the rest of the United States, with the completion of a connection between New Orleans and Marshall, Texas.

February 14th 1876 – Alexander Graham Bell applies for a patent for the telephone, as does Elisha Gray.

The spooky:

February 14th 1899 – Voting machines are approved by the U.S. Congress for use in federal elections.

Feb 15-16: nothing provocative

February 17th

February 17th 1801 – An electoral tie between Thomas Jefferson and Aaron Burr is resolved when Jefferson is elected President of the United States and Burr Vice President by the United States House of Representatives.

February 17th 1947 – The Voice of America begins to transmit radio broadcasts to the Soviet Union.

February 17th 1964 – In Wesberry v. Sanders the Supreme Court of the United States rules that congressional districts have to be approximately equal in population.

February 18th-19th: nothing provocative

February 20

February 20th, 1933 – The Congress of the United States proposes the Twenty-first Amendment to the United States Constitution that will end Prohibition in the United States.

February 21: nothing provocative

February 22

February 22nd, 1856 – The Republican Party opens its first national meeting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

February 23

February 23rd, 1455 – Traditional date for the publication of the Gutenberg Bible, the first Western book printed from movable type. (this was the foundation for the advance of the printing press -- arguably one of the most important developments of the last thousand years)

February 23rd, 1945 – World War II: During the Battle of Iwo Jima, a group of United States Marines and a commonly forgotten U.S. Navy Corpsman, reach the top of Mount Suribachi on the island and are photographed raising the American flag. The photo would later win a Pulitzer Prize and become the model for the national USMC War Memorial.

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2010, 11:52 PM
bed bump

phill4paul
01-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Bump for Gunny!

C'mon liberty lovers step up. Ideas. contributions.

Gunny has been a long time contributor to these forums.

States are as important or, in my view, more important than the fed.

Kotin
01-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Bump

angelatc
01-05-2010, 07:41 AM
I don't know anything about coding, but I like the 17th for a date.

Southron
01-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Just curious. Do you have any primary challengers and are you running against an incumbent Democrat?

Also, do you have any ideas about running ads?

I'll help as much as I can with money.

Also, might be good to be a member of GRNC or at least have them send you the gun rights survey.

Oh, might I suggest an end to pistol purchase permits and "carrying to the terror of the public" firearm laws.:)

jmdrake
01-05-2010, 08:45 AM
February 14th is also Valentines day. A good day for a rEVOLution? Site note. Since we do moneybombs all the time we could put together a "moneybomb template".

Matt Collins
01-05-2010, 11:39 AM
How many voters are expected to be voting in your race? Are you running against an incumbent?

MelissaWV
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
It might be worth noting:

http://www.free-printable-calendars.com/feb10t3tngif.gif

The day of a week a moneybomb falls on is important, together with the date. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays seem better, at least on instict, because it's on/after payday, and people aren't bogged down with work matters. Others who have more experience or alternate data may have more ideas on that. President's Day (and Valentine's Day) fall on a long weekend, which might find some people away from their computers, or forgetful of a money bomb.

Southron
01-05-2010, 12:14 PM
States are as important or, in my view, more important than the fed.

Exactly.

States can stand up to Leviathan.

And these state legislature/senate races often go under the radar.

Kylie
01-05-2010, 12:31 PM
If you love your State, like you love your wife, then help me on Valentine's Day!

Give our State assembly a shot of Liberty (Freedom) on Valentine's Day...donate to *****'s Moneybomb!!!

Let's help Cupid give the NC House an shot of freedom this Valentine's Day...donate to the rEVOLution!!!

I dunno, just trying to help with a few quips you could send out. Then again, I guess alot of guys might not like their wives a whole lot. :D

Best of luck Gunny, we need you guys to fight the good fight http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/2thumbs.gif

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2010, 06:13 AM
http://glenbradley.net/nchouse2010/mvmcmb.jpg