PDA

View Full Version : You Tube: THE AMERICAN IDIOT

sofia
01-04-2010, 08:07 AM
YouTube - THE AMERICAN IDIOT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygtqaH-hnFs)

CharlesTX
01-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Who Cares. /Sarcasm

MN Patriot
01-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Good video. Noticed a lot of fat, dumb and happy people in it. Kind of detracts from the message, stereotyping overweight people as being oblivious or unconcerned.

dannno
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM
That was pretty good.. the fat thing is a good metaphor for our society, and there's a lot of truth to it, but if you're trying to convince someone who is fat and believes the same things that they are making fun of i can see how it would be pretty insulting.

Reason
01-04-2010, 05:52 PM
The main reason for my attraction to Ron Paul was the amazing amount of logic that comes from his mouth.

Throughout my life I have become increasingly disturbed with the sheer amount of sheep we walk among.

It's very scary.

BillyDkid
01-04-2010, 05:54 PM
YouTube - THE AMERICAN IDIOT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygtqaH-hnFs)Go back to your "free speech zones" and shut up!!! ;)

Reason
01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
I am quite impressed by how powerful this video is.

I also love the depiction of clueless sheep fascinated with major league sports, I have always hated those collectivism fostering distractions.

sofia
01-04-2010, 06:53 PM

I also love the depiction of clueless sheep fascinated with major league sports, I have always hated those collectivism fostering distractions.

I used to be a big sports fan....but when you step out of the controlled matrix, it's hard to watch a meaningless ballgame anymore.

Other than a championship final or a local playoff game, I could give two shits now.

bkreigh
01-04-2010, 07:27 PM

Sometimes you need a distraction from the crap we call politics. Im sure you have hobbies that break you away from following politics 24/7. Call me a clueless sheep if you would like but it sounds like you need to wake up a bit.

Todd
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Sometimes you need a distraction from the crap we call politics. Im sure you have hobbies that break you away from following politics 24/7. Call me a clueless sheep if you would like but it sounds like you need to wake up a bit.

Yep. It's the guys who live for team sports and nothing else that are the problem. Nothing wrong with checking out the Fiesta bowl, while parusing Liberty Forest.

dannno
01-04-2010, 07:40 PM

Well I generally don't talk crap about people who are into sports, I myself occasionally enjoy a good football game. The other weekend I was having my car worked on for like 5 or 6 hours and went over to the sports bar, had a couple beers and watched all the games they had on and it was a blast. My team, the Chargers, won with a last second field goal. It's pretty rare that I get to actually watch sports since I don't have cable (by choice) and I don't really "miss" watching sports when they aren't there.

With that said, sports are extremely distracting and have been used to placate the masses since the days of Rome. Sports share a great part of the responsibility for how a lot of people feel about terrorists and Muslims.. it's literally like they are the "other team" and they don't care what it takes to defeat them.

Not every sports fan is bad, but sports in general psychologically hurt our chances of maintaining freedom.. I love playing sports, it would be great if we were free and we could play or watch as much sports as we want, but we have be able to separate that from the reality of the world around us, and the way sports are now they are completely controlled by the same people who control everything else, so for that reason alone I believe they ultimately dangerous. Especially large scale sports. Large scale is really fun because you get millions of people rooting for one team and millions rooting for another.. but local sports are probably more healthy for the psyche and the population.

bkreigh
01-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Yep. It's the guys who live for team sports and nothing else that are the problem. Nothing wrong with checking out the Fiesta bowl, while parusing Liberty Forest.

That was nice pick 6 by Boise St. I picked TCU to win this by 16. I could be way off if TCU cant get their offense going...ohh wait....none of that talk is allowed here. We are mindless sheeple.

RCA
01-04-2010, 07:46 PM
the audio is freakin' unbearable

bkreigh
01-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Well I generally don't talk crap about people who are into sports, I myself occasionally enjoy a good football game. The other weekend I was having my car worked on for like 5 or 6 hours and went over to the sports bar, had a couple beers and watched all the games they had on and it was a blast. My team, the Chargers, won with a last second field goal. It's pretty rare that I get to actually watch sports since I don't have cable (by choice) and I don't really "miss" watching sports when they aren't there.

With that said, sports are extremely distracting and have been used to placate the masses since the days of Rome. Sports share a great part of the responsibility for how a lot of people feel about terrorists and Muslims.. it's literally like they are the "other team" and they don't care what it takes to defeat them.

Not every sports fan is bad, but sports in general psychologically hurt our chances of maintaining freedom.. I love playing sports, it would be great if we were free and we could play or watch as much sports as we want, but we have be able to separate that from the reality of the world around us, and the way sports are now they are completely controlled by the same people who control everything else, so for that reason alone I believe they are pretty dangerous.

I understand where you guys come from. It all about finding a balance between following sports, working for the man, and following what johns in washington are going to do next.

If it weren't for sports i would be an very unhappy person if all i did was go to work log on here and look up some of the crap that is going on everyday. I need some days off from this politics crap.