PDA

View Full Version : My How Things Change.. Salon Editor Joan Walsh says Criticizing Obama is Un-American

Epic
01-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Salon.com editor Joan Walsh:

The climate right now is that Republicans use everything they can to undermine and delegitimize this president. And it‘s actually un-American. It‘s traitorous, in my opinion. Do you want to give aid and comfort to our enemies?

Yep, the red team and the blue team have totally flipped. I hope some leftists see this, and think wtf? This is my team?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2010/01/01/hardball-joan-walsh-calls-republican-critics-obama-un-american-traitor

Anti Federalist
01-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Yep, the red team and the blue team have totally flipped. I hope some leftists see this, and think wtf? This is my team?

Would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Dieseler
01-02-2010, 05:28 PM
No, no, no.. They see this as, "It's their turn."

constituent
01-02-2010, 05:30 PM
YouTube - Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds- Seek Up (Live-Acoustic) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwrk9xU7hgs)

"The more things change, basically they stay the same."

RM918
01-02-2010, 05:39 PM

This is the prime justification of things these days with them. "Well, Bush did it!" The stupidity on both sides is insurmountable.

Kylie
01-02-2010, 05:43 PM
You can tell Miss Joan I said : Fuck off.

I didn't ask for her opinion, nor will I ask for her forgiveness.

devil21
01-02-2010, 05:46 PM

So true. Who cares how much damage the puppet-in-chief does as long as he has the right letter next to his name. Then you get to be on the "winning" team. I just can't understand how people don't see this nonsense for exactly what it is. A handing back and forth of the right to fuck Americans over, and yet 50% cheer when it's their dictator doing it and boo when it's the "other side". Makes my head feel like exploding.

Dieseler
01-02-2010, 05:46 PM
This is the prime justification of things these days with them. "Well, Bush did it!" The stupidity on both sides is insurmountable.

So true. Who cares how much damage the puppet-in-chief does as long as he has the right letter next to his name. Then you get to be on the "winning" team. I just can't understand how people don't see this nonsense for exactly what it is. A handing back and forth of the right to fuck Americans over, and yet 50% cheer when it's their dictator doing it and boo when it's the "other side". Makes my head feel like exploding.

But it's Our Turn!

http://www.chrisilluminati.com/pics/kid_stuck_in_toilet-12286.jpg

Yep.

someperson
01-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Well said. It's all theatrics.

Dunedain
01-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Salon.com editor Joan Walsh:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2010/01/01/hardball-joan-walsh-calls-republican-critics-obama-un-american-traitor

I'm not sure who's worse. The Sean Hannity's or the Joan Walsh's.

Southron
01-02-2010, 06:55 PM

I'm convinced politics is like sports to these people and their team is either the R's or the D's. Ultimately, whoever loses or wins doesn't really matter to them. It is just a game after all.

constituent
01-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm convinced politics is like sports to these people and their team is either the R's or the D's. Ultimately, whoever loses or wins doesn't really matter to them. It is just a game after all.

http://www.gloucestercitynews.net/.a/6a00d8341bf7d953ef0120a5e6b992970b-pi

Icymudpuppy
01-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Excerpt from George Washington's Farewell address:

20 I have already intimated to you the danger of parties in the state, with particular reference to the founding of them on geographical discriminations. Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party, generally.

21 This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but, in those of the popular form, it is seen in its greatest rankness, and is truly their worst enemy.

22 The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty.

Too late, I'm afraid...

devil21
01-02-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm not sure who's worse. The Sean Hannity's or the Joan Walsh's.

They probably dine together and swap tactics. Kinda like pro wrestling. Both are paid big bucks to screw with your head and provide entertainment.

Dunedain
01-02-2010, 09:18 PM
They probably dine together and swap tactics. Kinda like pro wrestling. Both are paid big bucks to screw with your head and provide entertainment.

HAHA. i actually stayed in a hotel where a bunch of WWF wrestlers were staying when I was a kid. The Hart Founadain (the good guys) were in the gym working out with the bad guys (Demolition). They seemed like pretty good friends. Then when I got to the event they hate a hate on for each other and we're growling and snarling at one another.

Dunedain
01-02-2010, 09:19 PM
http://www.gloucestercitynews.net/.a/6a00d8341bf7d953ef0120a5e6b992970b-pi

I've determined this game is a way to keep relatively intelligent white male office workers busy so they don't get mad about what is happening to their country.

American Nationalist
01-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I've determined this game is a way to keep relatively intelligent white male office workers busy so they don't get mad about what is happening to their country.

Haha. My father is very good at these games, particularly fantasy basketball. It is kind of funny that high paid college educated lawyers are consumed by these hip hop oriented bread and circuses where guys but a ball in a hoop.

The funny thing is, I won at fantasy football, all my friends are really into it, they watch it all day every sunday. I won the league without watching an NFL game. It is really about being good with numbers more than anything else.

Original_Intent
01-02-2010, 10:25 PM
I think politics has largely become the "circuses" part of "Bread and circuses" for those who aren't adequately wrapped up in professional or college sports teams.

American Nationalist
01-02-2010, 10:43 PM
I think politics has largely become the "circuses" part of "Bread and circuses" for those who aren't adequately wrapped up in professional or college sports teams.

You mean the obamabots who think they are so "informed"? I love when these idiots try to give me lectures on politics in world affairs. They act like they know so much. However when you expose their bullshit to them and call them out, they resort to insults and mocking their opponents. They don't know how to defend thier policies, they just mock others. They think their sarcastic brand of insults makes them more intelligent than the bush bots or plain bots on the other side but in reality they are no different.
http://jkru.net/pics/obama%20supporters.jpg

HOLLYWOOD
01-03-2010, 12:05 AM
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/81/l_45bc8b9d6b034028a61c76ed09fd2bf1.gif