PDA

View Full Version : What are your top SHTF laws?

RCA
01-01-2010, 11:23 PM
There are lots of laws that us libertarians "don't like". I've learned over the last few years that while there are many, many bad laws, there are only a handful of laws I would consider very serious. In other words, if health care passes, it won't start a revolution. My two most valued freedoms are the right to bear arms and the right to own precious metals. If either of these rights were made illegal, then I believe that would start a revolution. What are your most valued freedoms?

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-01-2010, 11:24 PM
All. Once one is trampled and we acqueisce they will eventually all be taken.

I think for me however, over the course of deliberation I find the Income Tax to be the most egregious of any of the current laws, and the one pushing me closer and closer to overt revolt. Not only does it destroy private property, it destroys NAP, and it makes us all nearer to chattel slaves.

Chaohinon
01-01-2010, 11:26 PM
My right to refuse a search.

It comes in handy when you're transporting a dirty bong across 7 states >_>

RCA
01-01-2010, 11:26 PM
All. Once one is trampled and we acqueisce they will eventually all be taken.

I know this is theoretically true, but to be realistic, the bad laws started appearing at least after the Civil War, yet here we are with our guns and gold.

YumYum
01-01-2010, 11:28 PM
I have to say sir, that my valued possesion is inbetween my exremities, sir. I shall not give them up, sir. Do you equate, sir?

LibForestPaul
01-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Do you mean like the following?

Food,
Metal,
Forced Vaccination,
Non-US "controlled" currency (global),
Currency revaluation(aka North Korea),
Electronic Money(iffy),
Acting deployed Foreign Troops/Police

(Guns can always be hidden, ask the Canadians)

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-01-2010, 11:32 PM
I know this is theoretically true, but to be realistic, the bad laws started appearing at least after the Civil War, yet here we are with our guns and gold.

Tell that to the Whiskey Rebellion.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
01-01-2010, 11:32 PM
The whole "Full Body Scan" is already pushing me to that point.

But I think if they take any more out of my check Im going postal.

RM918
01-02-2010, 05:18 AM
People will only start giving a shit once they're forced out of their ignorance, the only question is how long the U.S. government can keep everyone fat and happy without jolting them out of their slumber.