PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul #5 on WA Independent's Top 10 Conservatives to Watch in the New Year

Ricky201
01-01-2010, 08:59 PM
http://washingtonindependent.com/72901/cons10-5

5. Rand Paul
Digg Tweet By David Weigel 1/1/10 6:00 AM

The son of Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) is running a stronger race than anyone expected for the seat of retiring Sen. Jim Bunning (R-Ky.), himself a politician whose angry denunciations of the Federal Reserve and the banking system could have come from either Paul’s lips. With a grassroots campaign that was put in place early in 2009, a national fundraising network and an anti-establishment message that’s finally in line with the desires of Republican voters, the younger Paul will at least force the GOP in his state further to the libertarian right. At most, he will stand a good chance of becoming an outspoken, Ayn Rand-reading member of the Senate.

TCE
01-01-2010, 09:02 PM
We really have to end all of the "Rand was named after Ayn Rand" chatter. I know this isn't what the author was insinuating, but a ton of liberal blogs keep pushing that, namely the Huffington Post comments section.

EDIT: He beat Sarah Palin, NICE!

FrankRep
01-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Rand = Randal

Just a nick name.

TCE
01-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Rand = Randal

Just a nick name.

I know, but that's the first thing I hear from a bunch of different liberals. "Well, that's stupid, he's named after Ayn Rand." Sadness.