PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Connecticut in PPP Poll

Epic
01-01-2010, 05:13 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/

Vote for Connecticut. We need about 300+ votes to win this in the next 2 days, so spread the message.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
01-01-2010, 05:24 PM
voted

low preference guy
01-01-2010, 06:33 PM
bump. maybe the OP should break the link.

Chieftain1776
01-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I don't think they poll anyone but the two candidates currently leading in the polls. That's what they did for Kentucky.

low preference guy
01-01-2010, 06:43 PM
I guess there's no harm in trying.

Koz
01-01-2010, 06:54 PM
voted

Epic
01-01-2010, 07:11 PM
I think they'll figure out why Connecticut won - if it does win - and include Schiff.

They knew that Rand fans bombed their earlier poll, and they were cool with it.

I think they like the attention.

Umbro2914
01-01-2010, 08:07 PM
bump

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Throw this up on Daily Paul.

low preference guy
01-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Throw this up on Daily Paul.

it's there.

Gage
01-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Voted!

TCE
01-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I voted, although I don't think them polling Connecticut at this point is the best thing for Schiff. He just started heavily campaigning a few weeks ago and his money bomb isn't for another couple weeks. I would say them polling this race around February would be much more beneficial. At that point, Schiff will have been campaigning for two months and he will have the value of the money bomb at his disposal. I can't see him coming in at more than 6 or 7% right now, but in February, that number might be over 10%.

low preference guy
01-01-2010, 10:37 PM
If you have an account on the Daily Paul, please bump

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/120189

MRoCkEd
01-02-2010, 12:07 PM
one last day!! vote!

malkusm
01-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Alabama 472 (36%)

Connecticut 203 (15%)

Florida 84 (6%)

Illinois 49 (3%)

Massachusetts 479 (37%)

Come on people, let's push to get 500 more votes for Connecticut by midnight and win this thing!

daSHiZZLE
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
wow, just saw it now. ill send it out to my network and we should have this wrapped up by tonight.

I do think it will be beneficial to Peter because any trend upwards is a good thing and PPP will be conducting more polls before and after the primaries.

also, remember that peaking the polls early on in a race is never a good thing and draws attention to the underdog.

Epic
01-02-2010, 01:08 PM
The poll will last until Monday morning according to the corresponding blog post.

Edit: Looks like Connecticut just shot up in the poll...

low preference guy
01-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Alabama 483 (29%)
Connecticut 496 (30%)
Florida 88 (5%)
Illinois 51 (3%)
Massachusetts 495 (30%)

Votes so far: 1613

Good job Patriots. Let's keep this up till Monday.

Daamien
01-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Voted and posted the following comment:
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2009/12/voting-time.html

Connecticut. While Blumenthal's numbers would be interesting, the real story in the state is the Republican challenge to US Senator Chris Dodd. There are 3 big-name candidates that are vying for the Republican nomination this year:

Rob Simmons - Former US Congressman with the most party insider support
Linda McMahon - WWE Wrestling CEO pleading to spend up to $50 million of her own money in the campaign
Peter Schiff - Economist and CEO of the brokerage Euro Pacific Capital who predicted the financial crisis and the government's response as early as 2005.

Dodd's Senate seat is extremely important for Democrats to hold onto, as he has held the position for over 30 years and chairs the powerful Senate Banking Committee. However, he is seen as very vulnerable due to mortgage scandals, blocking caps on Wall Street bonuses in TARP legislation, and stating that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were not in financial trouble before and even during the initial phase of the credit crunch. Although passing Health Care reform will likely improve his polling numbers, Dodd's low approval rate has brought out an unusually qualified mix of challengers against such a powerful incumbent.

Other good CT stories would be the home-state's view of "Independent" Joe Lieberman in light of his recent political maneuvers over Health Care Reform, and of course the CT Gubernatorial race which has put considerable pressure on Gov. Rell and Republicans wishing to keep their grip on the executive that they have held in Hartford since 1991.

daSHiZZLE
01-02-2010, 02:15 PM
btw it seems this poll is not for the senate race but for the governor race lol

Daamien
01-02-2010, 02:19 PM
btw it seems this poll is not for the senate race but for the governor race lol

Hence why I posted in my comment that the real focus should be on the Senate Race. I would encourage you all to make similar comments!

Epic
01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
-Connecticut. One word: Blumenthal. Time for public polling on whether this seat is one retirement away from going back into the safe category for Democrats.

This means it's for the senate race - they want to see if Blumenthal would be better than Dodd.

Leave comments there telling them to make sure to include Peter Schiff.

Actually, if the poll encourages Dems to replace Dodd, this could be a bad thing...

But if Connecticut wins, we need to get Schiff in the polling and make sure it's not just McMahon and Simmons.

daSHiZZLE
01-02-2010, 02:48 PM
If you read the blog, the comments on all the states on their respective governors. If they do cover the senate race though, they better include Peter.

also, from what I'v heard, Dodd will not back out. The only person who can tell him to back out is the Senate majority leader, Reid who is also polling pretty badly.

Epic
01-02-2010, 07:25 PM
If you read the blog, the comments on all the states on their respective governors. If they do cover the senate race though, they better include Peter.

also, from what I'v heard, Dodd will not back out. The only person who can tell him to back out is the Senate majority leader, Reid who is also polling pretty badly.

Incorrect - the Rubio/Crist race in Florida is for Senate. The Connecticut race is obviously for Senate, cause they are saying a Dodd retirement would help keep the seat. And in Massachusetts they are looking at the special election in a couple weeks.

daSHiZZLE
01-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks Epic, I was stoned off my ass earlier on and was rather confused, it seems they will poll CT's senate race. Good thing I promoted the link after all, I guess.

Epic
01-02-2010, 09:47 PM
No problem. Maybe it would be a good thing if this race went awhile before it was polled again, just cause it would give Peter time to get closer to the top 2. If more polling comes out showing the top 2 in the lead and Peter with like 5-8%, that might not be so good for the campaign.

I'm kind of curious about the Massachusetts special election actually. That could stop Obamacare.

daSHiZZLE
01-02-2010, 11:24 PM
You've got a point Epic, but there is an argument to be made that peaking the polls this early on is a detriment rather than a gain, so McMahon showing strong now will evoke the underdog status for Peter. Nonetheless, I'm thinking about letting Massachusetts take the spot because I just learned PPP do these online polls on a monthly basis and Peter's ad campaign is coming up in Feb. I'm still not sure though.

libertybrewcity
01-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Massachusetts is back in the lead and I don't have another vote!

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
01-03-2010, 10:59 AM
CT is down by 24 with 22 hours left! LET'S GO! Take this even more to Twitter and Facebook!

Brett
01-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Down 18 still...

libertybrewcity
01-03-2010, 02:33 PM
yes! we are up again! spread this around!

Imperial
01-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I am wondering if they do poll Massachusetts if it would include Joe Kennedy on the poll. He has been profiled in alot of newpapers, is actively campaigning and has taken part in a few debates. His major problem at this point is chronic underfunding.

Thrashertm
01-03-2010, 07:25 PM
voted

lightai
01-04-2010, 05:13 AM
voted

TheBlackPeterSchiff
01-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Monday, January 4, 2010
Previewing Connecticut
Well that was certainly the most spirited 'vote on where we poll' to date. The political blogs in Alabama did an impressive job of generating votes for their state, as did a lot of the Republican blogosphere on Massachusetts' behalf. Ultimately the Ron Paul/Libertarian Republicans won out, as they often do on the internet, and Connecticut was the winner because of interest in Peter Schiff's candidacy.

We'll poll the Massachusetts race this weekend unless other polling comes out in the interim indicating that Martha Coakley is going to coast to an easy victory.

But it's Connecticut where we'll go in the field tonight:

-We'll test Chris Dodd against the trio of Republican candidates but we'll also look at how Richard Blumenthal or Chris Murphy might do as a Democratic alternative.

-We'll look at how Ned Lamont and Susan Bysiewicz do against Michael Fedele and Tom Foley for Governor. Sorry we can't test all the Democratic candidates but there are too many and at this point Bysiewicz and Lamont look like the early front runners.

-We'll see how Joe Lieberman's approval is doing generally and also what people thought of his actions on the health care bill. Would have liked to get some 2012 stuff in there but the poll is long enough already.

-And we will look at the Democratic primary for Governor with all announced candidates included, as well as the Republican primaries for Senate and Governor with the fields as they stand.

This should come out starting Thursday.
Posted by Tom Jensen at 10:45 AM

TheState
01-04-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure how good this will turn out for Schiff. Hopefully a lot of the attendees at the local GOP meetings will be on the polling list. If Schiff is over 10% though, I think that would be a huge boost to the campaign.

Daamien
01-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Good work! Even though MA has their special election coming up later this month, CT as a whole has a lot more going on with the Dodd race, Gov race, and the fallout from Lieberman's maneuvers. Peter will not do as well as his opponents in polling this early, but keep in mind that this will further expose voters to his name and provide a good benchmark that we can measure against in later polls to measure the effectiveness of the campaign as it gears up.

Epic
01-04-2010, 01:06 PM
I think Peter could surprise (11+ would be a surprise... in a rep primary) I think the PPP poll methodology favors candidates who have fans with lots of enthusiasm. The people who don't really care hang up and don't go through with it. I think PPP may be automated(?)... The PPP poll from Kentucky had Rand up 19 points.

fatjohn
01-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I don't think they poll anyone but the two candidates currently leading in the polls. That's what they did for Kentucky.

Well thanks to us... Peter is definitely in :p

daSHiZZLE
01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Remember this a Democratic polling company so its best we got this over and done with sooner rather than later because Dodd's spin doctors are only just getting started.

Imperial
01-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Remember this a Democratic polling company so its best we got this over and done with sooner rather than later because Dodd's spin doctors are only just getting started.

PPP is one of a couple of the best polling firms. Their polls were pretty accurate for Obama and the Dems in 06 (as opposed to say Rasmussen, which trends a little too Republican and conservative)

Epic
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
The PPP blog post didn't say if they were gonna poll the republican primary...

that's what I really want to see...

Anybody think they're gonna do it?

South Park Fan
01-04-2010, 06:46 PM

They did the primary with Kentucky, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it with Connecticut.

No1ButPaul08
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM

I didn't think it did either the first time I read it but noticed this at the end

-And we will look at the Democratic primary for Governor with all announced candidates included, as well as the Republican primaries for Senate and Governor with the fields as they stand.

Epic
01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
I didn't think it did either the first time I read it but noticed this at the end

Thanks! Missed it the first time when I read it.

JohnG
01-04-2010, 07:19 PM
When can the results from the poll be expected?

Epic
01-04-2010, 07:36 PM
When can the results from the poll be expected?

PPP: This should come out starting Thursday.

Probably some on Thursday, some on Friday.

TCE
01-04-2010, 09:49 PM
The comments on there are awesome. "The voting has been hacked! CT went from last to first! Someone save the poll!"