PDA

View Full Version : Question about NH Importance

wsc321
10-04-2007, 02:36 PM
I've got the impression that NH is the most serious primary for RP's campaign in the country... Is this accurate? With regard to the early Primaries... would those of us in other states help more by finding ways to help in the early Primary states (i.e. substituting time we might spend in our own)?

Just want to understand better how - tactically - we get RP the GOP nomination.

austin356
10-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Yes most serious.

Our best chance...

And the saying goes: Iowans pick corn, New Hampshire picks Presidents.

cujothekitten
10-04-2007, 02:39 PM
If we get Iowa and NH it will influence the rest of the GOP to vote for Paul in the following elections. It sets the stage for the candidates and the winnerís get most, if not all, the press.

After the first state primary you will see the lower candidates start dropping out.

margomaps
10-04-2007, 02:52 PM
After the first state primary you will see the lower candidates start dropping out.

And (cross fingers), this means that after Iowa and NH, you may see the likes of Tancredo, Brownback, Hunter, and possibly even Huckabee (fingers crossed a lot) dropping out. My question is, where will their votes go? How many of their supporters might see Paul as a decent 2nd choice?

cujothekitten
10-04-2007, 02:55 PM
And (cross fingers), this means that after Iowa and NH, you may see the likes of Tancredo, Brownback, Hunter, and possibly even Huckabee (fingers crossed a lot) dropping out. My question is, where will their votes go? How many of their supporters might see Paul as a decent 2nd choice?

Some will move to Ron Paul but typically the votes move to the people that are winning the state primaries.

paulitics
10-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I've got the impression that NH is the most serious primary for RP's campaign in the country... Is this accurate? With regard to the early Primaries... would those of us in other states help more by finding ways to help in the early Primary states (i.e. substituting time we might spend in our own)?

Just want to understand better how - tactically - we get RP the GOP nomination.

Yes, from a practical standpoint. Sometimes you have to lose a fly to catch a fish. I'm going to catch heat for this. For people who live in states like NH, MA, NY and TN should consider helping, esp those who live in MASS and NY. We have no chance of winning those states because they are the home states of serious competitors. The odds are stacked against us, we just lost
thousands of democrat votes in NH because we were asleep. We have to make that up. If we lose NH, I think its over for us. If we bomb in Iowa, this would carry over to NH, so that would hurt us terribly as well.

Romney is no joke in these early states. He is relentlessly campaigning, and hammering them hard. We have a long way to go to win NH. If we win, it is a major victory that will overcome our main objection of, "I don't think he can win" Or, "Ron who?

Another state is NJ. I think Giuliani is like 43% in that state.

ItsTime
10-04-2007, 06:33 PM
If we come in atleast 3rd in NH I predict we win the GOP. People will bail on the fakes at the top.

I think we will WIN NH from what I have seen.

majinkoola
10-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Yes most serious.

Our best chance...

And the saying goes: Iowans pick corn, New Hampshire picks Presidents.

NH also picked McCain...and Pat Buchanan.

paulitics
10-04-2007, 06:43 PM
NH also picked McCain...and Pat Buchanan.

and both were dark horses that blew expectations out of the water once they won NH. McCain actually went on to win quite a few states after that. Buchanan flopped more because of the media attack but he still got 15% of the vote nationwide, not too shabby. Buchanan was the Ron Paul of that election and made his infamous pitch fork speech when he won that state.

Jared Callanan
10-04-2007, 06:46 PM
New Hampshire is important. But lets be honest here, a win in any of the early states (New Hampshire, Iowa, Nevada, Michigan, Florida, Wyoming, and or South Carolina) would be just as significant and or important as a win in New Hampshire. One victory in any of these states goes a long way towards MSM coverage which of course leads to donations and success in other states.

I think most people look at New Hampshire as more important for a couple of reasons; A. People look at it as the most winnable state becase there is a perception that it is a libertarian type state and B. It is the first state in which all the candidates are actively trying to win. Outside of Iowa, NH is the first square off and most likely by the time of the Iowa Caucus there will be a few candidates; maybe even Ron Paul - who have decided to bypass the Iowa Caucuses and keep their attention on states like New Hampshire.

Jared Callanan
10-04-2007, 06:48 PM
and both were dark horses that blew expectations out of the water once they won NH. McCain actually went on to win quite a few states after that. Buchanan flopped more because of the media attack but he still got 15% of the vote nationwide, not too shabby. Buchanan was the Ron Paul of that election and made his infamous pitch fork speech when he won that state.

Buchanan also had a big finish in the Louisianna Caucuses that led him to a strong finish in Iowa and a win in New Hampshire. Maybe Nevada could do that for us?

kylejack
10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
To win this nomination, we need to hit New Hampshire like a ton of bricks. New Hampshire, whose motto is Live Free or Die, is arguably the most libertarian state in the Union. Its certainly the most libertarian small state. On top of that, Free State Project members have already been laying the groundwork for libertarian candidates by protesting, by raising hell at town meetings, by pressing the state to reject the REAL ID bribes and by supporting Ron Paul. A small libertarian state gives us every advantage. We can efficiently bombard it with activists and advertising, and we'll be bombarding people who are already receptive to the message. As if all this wasn't enough, New Hampshire is the most relevant state in the entire primary race. Think of New Hampshire as the Trojan Horse of this campaign. Its how we're going to sneak in the back door of this election. We must come in first in New Hampshire. If we can't win in a state with so many natural advantages, it will mean that not enough was done to win over the country. Check out freestateproject.org for more information on New Hampshire. Think about joining and becoming an Early Mover while you're at it.