PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirt / Fundraising ideas - Need some creative thinking

cbc58
01-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Looking to come up with a word, acronym or phrase that would go well on a t-shirt or bumper sticker to be used for fundrasing.

There are millions upon millions of disenchanted voters that think things have to change and it would be great if we could give them a name - something simple that catches on. For instance "baby-boomers"... or "hippies".

One idea I had for a t-shirt was: "I help fund a 7 Trillion dollar bailout and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".... but maybe we can put our heads together and come up with a name for the growing masses of disenchanted voters who are waking up.

The idea would be they would align themselves with the name and promote it via t-shirts or bumber stickers or whatever to get a grass-roots effort more visible and mainstream.

Any suggestions?

MelissaWV
01-01-2010, 10:12 AM
I kind of thought this was where the whole "rEVOLution" thing was going. I still like the logo.

cbc58
01-01-2010, 10:30 AM
the revolution thing is kind of specific the RP folks and describes a movement and not individiuals themselves.

i'm hoping to come up with something that includes the other 98% of the public that the RP movement doesn't reach. most people don't want revolution - they want change.

MN Patriot
01-01-2010, 11:05 AM
the revolution thing is kind of specific the RP folks and describes a movement and not individiuals themselves.

i'm hoping to come up with something that includes the other 98% of the public that the RP movement doesn't reach. most people don't want revolution - they want change.

Disillusioned Wards of the State?

MelissaWV
01-01-2010, 11:53 AM

Which is pretty much a surefire way to guarantee that nothing ever really changes. :(

Icymudpuppy
01-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Taxpayer

<---Dolist--->

Holy Shit! They outnumber me 2:1

cheapseats
01-01-2010, 12:00 PM

Bitter Clingers

The Embittered

Changelings

American Independents

iChange

YumYum
01-01-2010, 12:02 PM
How about on the front of the shirt "America is For Sale!"?

I'm not sure what to put on the back.

HA!HA!...I just thought of this while typing!

On the back of the shirt we could put a statement in Mandarin Chinese, saying something like "Who says 'capitalism doesn't work!'? "

MelissaWV
01-01-2010, 12:04 PM
iChange

I like it, I'm just not sure about what would come of the branding issue.

The problem with simply promoting change, though (I was always fond of "When things stink, it's time for a change") is that the bulk of the populace doesn't understand what change is. Millions were convinced Obama was change and hope and whatever else. Was he? Did he ever really have the potential to be much of a change at all? Do most politicians?

cheapseats
01-01-2010, 12:20 PM
I like it, I'm just not sure about what would come of the branding issue.

Considering that one of the uncreative mainstream media outlets uses iReport, I'm thinking that a grassroots moovement DOES have a leg to stand on with iChange. Ya just gotta be prepared to shout DISCRIMINATION as loud as the next Special Interest.

The problem with simply promoting change, though (I was always fond of "When things stink, it's time for a change") is that the bulk of the populace doesn't understand what change is.

Preposterous. Even Stupidos know that, when something ceases to be the same, when something commences to be different, it is Change.

Trouble is, people don't know WHAT change they want or how to effect it. More than that, they want Change to happen, voila, like a Free Lunch.

Millions were convinced Obama was change and hope and whatever else. Was he?

Some of the millions BELIEVED him -- he DOES give a soaring speech. Some of the millions were blacks voting on basis of race. Some of the millions were WIGGERS voting on basis of race. Some of the millions vote Democrat, no matter what.

Did he ever really have the potential to be much of a change at all? Do most politicians?

Nope and nope. What does that tell us? That we need a WINSOME Candidate to unseat the great Non-White Hope.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-01-2010, 12:22 PM
the word "change" has been Orwellified. avoid it for the next 10 years.

it's time for r3VOLution. People do want revolution, they just don't know it yet. Baby boomers and their parents still equate revolution with communism.

YumYum
01-01-2010, 12:25 PM
The word "Change" is meaningless. It sounds like "Good Health!", or "Cheers!".

YumYum
01-01-2010, 12:26 PM

it's time for r3VOLution. People do want revolution, they just don't know it yet. Baby boomers and their parents still equate revolution with communism.

I agree.

cheapseats
01-01-2010, 12:26 PM

Revolution is a LOADED term. Use it at your peril.

"People want revolution, they just don't know it yet" sounds patronizing or ominous, take yer pick.

cheapseats
01-01-2010, 12:30 PM

So has Liberal, Conservative, Democrat, Republican, Politics, The System, The Political Process, Progress, Reform, Freedom and The American Dream.

it's time for r3VOLution.

Revolution, already a loaded term, cutesified with a 3 or backward E to make LOVE is tied up with Ron Paul. Best figger out whether Ron Paul or another will be standard bearer, or yer gonna have a MUCH bigger branding issue. At last polling, NINETY-FIVE PERCENT of the People were not on Ron Paul's page.

cbc58
01-01-2010, 12:45 PM
ichange really doesn't mean anything to me... and as others have said.. change has been used/abused and tied to other things. maybe an acronym for something... or the combo of some words...

or something simple like a peace sign.....

maybe "i am america" or "C4" (C with a raised 4 - like to the power) Citizens 4 ---- this that or the other thing... isn't C4 and explosive?

... just throwing ideas out.

cheapseats
01-01-2010, 01:14 PM
ichange really doesn't mean anything to me...

You, by your presence on this Board, are a Minority.

CHANGE is still commonly upon common people's lips BECAUSE OF ITS NOTABLE FAILURE TO MATERIALIZE.

Never say never, that's one thing I've learned, but I see no financing, manufacturing or distributing of T-shirts in my meaningful future. In other words, it makes no material difference to me WHAT you put on yer shirts. I say that to clarify that I am not championing a particular term or slogan.

But I DO always start from the premise that y'all have this amazing grassroots SOMETHING that unfailingly MISSES ITS MARK and yet is UNFAILINGLY close-minded.

and as others have said.. change has been used/abused and tied to other things. maybe an acronym for something... or the combo of some words...

S.O.S.
Save Our Shit

or something simple like a peace sign.....

It IS universally recognized, whether in spite of or BECAUSE of its alleged New World Orderliness.

Anti-War will be IN LIKE FLYNN by the 2012 elections, mark my words.

... just throwing ideas out.

That's what we gotta do. Without fear and without censorship. See what sticks. Even a broken clock is right twice each day.

CONSENSUS, AN EASY BUT DIFFICULT RIDDLE
LIES ALWAYS SOMEWHERE NEAR THE MIDDLE

PreDeadMan
01-01-2010, 01:16 PM
a black tshirt with white text </Change>

JK/SEA
01-01-2010, 01:23 PM
YOU voted for the REST..

it's now time to

VOTE for the BEST

Ron Paul or (candidate of your choice here)

CFL logo

paulitics
01-01-2010, 01:48 PM
America First.

If we use this, the establishment will try and disparage us by calling us "America Firsters".
lol. Damn straight we are.

YumYum
01-01-2010, 01:55 PM
I think the FEMA camp in Alaska is our best bet. An excellent view of the mountains and it has a lot of area to move around in.

cheapseats
01-01-2010, 02:02 PM
America First.

If we use this, the establishment will try and disparage us by calling us "America Firsters".

AMERICA FIRST on the front and AMERICANS FIRST IN AMERCA on the back?

cheapseats
01-01-2010, 02:08 PM
I think the FEMA camp in Alaska is our best bet. An excellent view of the mountains and it has a lot of area to move around in.

For as long as I can remember, San Franciscan tourist shops have stocked an ALCATRAZ TRIATHLON T-shirt:

ALCATRAZ TRIATHLON
Dig - Dash - Dive
How hard could it be to come up with a clever variation on a theme?

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-01-2010, 02:31 PM
dodge
duck
dip
dive

and....

dodge

LittleLightShining
01-01-2010, 02:37 PM
America First.

Love it!

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Love it!

actually we'll probably end up labeled as "Fisters" :eek:

YumYum
01-01-2010, 02:47 PM
actually we'll probably end up labeled as "fisters" :eek:

lol!!!

cbc58
01-01-2010, 02:54 PM
"You, by your presence on this Board, are a Minority.

CHANGE is still commonly upon common people's lips BECAUSE OF ITS NOTABLE FAILURE TO MATERIALIZE.

Never say never, that's one thing I've learned, but I see no financing, manufacturing or distributing of T-shirts in my meaningful future. In other words, it makes no material difference to me WHAT you put on yer shirts. I say that to clarify that I am not championing a particular term or slogan.

But I DO always start from the premise that y'all have this amazing grassroots SOMETHING that unfailingly MISSES ITS MARK and yet is UNFAILINGLY close-minded. "

What do you mean by that post?

MN Patriot
01-01-2010, 03:37 PM
The more things change, the more broke we get.

New World Disorder.

Here's a new idea: Freedom.

Wake me up when this nightmare is over.

Government cheese makes me sneeze. ( :o sorry)

When do the good guys win? They always do in the movies.

LittleLightShining
01-01-2010, 03:58 PM
The more things change, the more broke we get.

Brilliant!

lester1/2jr
01-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Bulldoze the beltway

revolutionisnow
01-02-2010, 12:57 AM
America First.

There is already a party named The America First Party
http://www.americafirstparty.org/

YouTube - Charles Lindberg speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghYfwKXI4aA)

cbc58
01-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Conciencious Objector to National Debt