PDA

View Full Version : Alan Keyes: How Obama and Ron Paul demoralize America

sharpsteve2003
01-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Kill them here. Kill them there. Kill them everywhere. The calls for war continue.

WND
Since he is a wholehearted advocate of the leftist critique of American liberty, Obama's conscious validation of the moral position of its enemies comes as no surprise. What surprises some is the fact that a famously staunch conservative like Ron Paul blames U.S. for violence. In a recent TV appearance, we find him "blaming terrorism on the U.S. presence around the globe. 'They're terrorists because we're occupiers,' Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, said on the Larry King show." Of the motive for the recent terror attack, he said, "We bombed Yemen two weeks ago. … He (the suspect, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab) did it because of the bombing." Ben Stein, also a guest on the show, correctly noted that Paul's statement has no basis in fact since "there is no U.S. occupation of Yemen or Nigeria" and Abdulmutallab "had already been mobilized and had even bought his Northwest ticket before we struck." Moreover, as noted in the WND account of the show, "Reports confirm that there was an air strike by Yemeni jets – and possibly some from Saudi Arabia," not U.S. forces.

Apparently Ron Paul believes that seeking cooperation from other states in striking against terrorist camps makes us "occupiers." In a similar vein, because after repelling Iraq's invasion of Kuwait during the first Gulf War, the U.S. did not invade and occupy Iraq, our role as occupiers somehow explains the 9/11 terror attacks. We are in the wrong because we dare to defend others. We are in the wrong because we dare to ally with others in order to do defend ourselves.

Read Full
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=120621

Kotin
01-01-2010, 02:10 AM
Neocon.

Chaohinon
01-01-2010, 02:11 AM
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/politicalnanny/Alan_Keyes.jpg

specsaregood
01-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Neocon.

High Priest of the Church of Lincoln.

Icymudpuppy
01-01-2010, 02:30 AM
Explain to me again how Alan Keyes ever became a national figure...

Chaohinon
01-01-2010, 02:31 AM
Explain to me again how Alan Keyes ever became a national figure...token right wing negro?

coyote_sprit
01-01-2010, 02:34 AM

"But, as Deepak Chopra taught us, quantum physics means anything can happen at any time for no reason. Also, eat plenty of oatmeal and animals never had a war. Who's the real animals?"

-- Hubert Farnsworth

jclay2
01-01-2010, 02:37 AM
pathetic, just pathetic. This guy is clearly on the other side.

Austin
01-01-2010, 02:40 AM
Stay classy, Alan.

TheConstitutionLives
01-01-2010, 02:46 AM
No. Do NOT read the full hitpiece. Dont give him (them) the web traffic boost.

Did vampire Keyes serve? What war did he fight in? How many people has he killed?

NONE! He's a piece of shit. F him. He'll be in the hell he believes exist.

TheConstitutionLives
01-01-2010, 02:50 AM
token right wing negro?

Coupled with riding on the coattails of people much more influential than he will ever be. That's how. He's an attention whore who only runs for president every cycle to raise money to pay off his previous campaign's expenses. He's so frickin "conservative" that his campaign debt follows him for four years at a time.

anaconda
01-01-2010, 05:32 AM
Come on out of the closet, Alan. It's O.K.

fj45lvr
01-01-2010, 06:01 AM
How does alan earn money to live on???

the answer to that question will go a long ways to explaining who he is.

roho76
01-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Bow do these people continue to say the exact opposite of what's actually true and get away with it. Demorilization comes from supporting this war because you think it's like 24 on TV.

And to lump Obama and Paul in the same hit-piece-of-shit is beyond absurd. Ron PUl is the definition of "Moral". It's true look it up. RP has probably never even swore in his life how can he be demorilizing America?

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-01-2010, 07:13 AM
It is the independant thinker and the patriot who questions boldly the countries direction. One who does not speak up in the face of grave injustices is only but a cog in the wheel of tyranny, and anyone who speaks so vociferously for the need to give up ones liberty for any reason is someone who should be immediately ostracized.

If I am to die, then I wish to die a free man. Alan Keyes, you can kindly piss off.

FindLiberty
01-01-2010, 07:56 AM
No. Do NOT read the full hitpiece. Dont give him (them) the web traffic boost. Did vampire Keyes serve? What war did he fight in?
How many people has he killed? NONE! He's a piece of shit. F him. He'll be in the hell he believes exist.

this

FindLiberty
01-01-2010, 07:58 AM
It is the independant thinker and the patriot who questions boldly the countries direction.
One who does not speak up in the face of grave injustices is only but a cog in the wheel
of tyranny, and anyone who speaks so vociferously for the need to give up ones liberty
for any reason is someone who should be immediately ostracized.
If I am to die, then I wish to die a free man. Alan Keyes, you can kindly piss off.

...and that

Gaius1981
01-01-2010, 08:12 AM
How many people has he killed? NONE! He's a piece of shit. F him. He'll be in the hell he believes exist.

:D

james1906
01-01-2010, 09:37 AM

I don't think he ever was.

Travlyr
01-01-2010, 09:42 AM

That's right... this is always the answer... follow the money.

Anti Federalist
01-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Ronald Reagan is a hero to neo-cons.

Ronald Reagan pulled Marines from Lebanon after 220 died in a suicide barracks bombing.

Hezbollah said at the time: "we have struck a blow against the occupiers".

25 years after we and Israel stopped blowing the place up, or stopped supporting the people blowing the place up, Lebanon is back on it's feet.

Chester Copperpot
01-01-2010, 10:28 AM
wow i just lost the small modicum of respect i had for alan keyes.

Original_Intent
01-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Hey Alan, how many "Alan Keyes Republicans" are out there? Oh yeah, NONE (except maybe yourself). Alan is irrelevant and won;t even be a footnote in the history books. Ron Paul, on the other hand, will be vindicated by history in his non-interventionist position.

DjLoTi
01-01-2010, 10:53 AM
The only thing Ron Paul did to demoralize America was to not listen to his grassroots, hire new people on his campaign staff, and not do a good enough job in his 2008 presidential campaign.

Other then that, Ron Paul does the entire opposite. He motivates and excites America. Alan Keys couldn't be more wrong

sofia
01-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Keyes was Bill Kristol's room mate at Harvard.

Romulus
01-01-2010, 12:41 PM

So how does he?

parocks
01-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I'd suggest going to Free Republic.com and engaging the neocons directly on this.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2419059/posts

Freerepublic has Ron Paul supporters and neocons battling it out on this Paul vs Stein thing on numerous articles. the Ron Paul supporters are outnumbered.

Back when Bush was President, the Ron Paul supporters really had no chance of winning, because people on the fence didn't like Bush criticism over there.

Now, it's Obama attacking Yemen. They don't like Obama over there. Not one bit.

Perhaps they could be reminded that Keyes is defending Obama's foreign policy, and
Paul is taking the Traditional Conservative Republican foreign policy position.

I'm not saying that the neocons will change their position, but the people over there who are grass roots "tea party" conservatives, who are just reading that thread, might come around to the non-interventionist POV.

Che
01-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Ron paul has too many ppl to debate nowdays.. Ben and Alan..

ClayTrainor
01-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Does anybody take Keyes seriously, on this planet?

The guy was flatout embarrassing and disrespectful in the presidential debates.

lester1/2jr
01-01-2010, 02:43 PM
lol 99% of the poeple who read that are people who do "ron paul 'searches on the web. who cares what alan keyes thinks?

fj45lvr
01-01-2010, 02:45 PM
So how does he?

great question that I am sure we all would love to know the answer to.

When a person gets to a place where they rely on their "income" coming from their political "massaging" of those feeding them they tend to not do anything to the goose laying the golden eggs....this reminds me alot of TV evangelists and Jesse Jackson...both other examples of people making their carreer's out of massaging the sheeple that are sustaining them.

lester1/2jr
01-01-2010, 03:51 PM
parocks- wow that was depressing. I'm someone who is eally concerned with preventing another 9/11 style attack above all else, and people like that, they just bloviate and pound their chest about what people in the middle east SHOULD do and how they SHOULD want the us to do this or that. just no interst in reality at all. I live in on the east coast. you drive through the big dig here in boston, you realize it's not going to take much to bring that thing down,. it's practicly falling down now and has on occasion.

these mainstream republicans, they don't care about protecting americans, they care about their own pride and egos

parocks
01-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Freerepublic.com has
1) Neocons
2) Ron Paul supporters
3) other

3) is the biggest group, and the reason why 2) should go there is to out argue the 1)s, for the benefit of the 3)s.

The 1)s have a tremendous amount of influence over there. They appear to have tremendous size. But they don't. Their arguments are weak, and now that Obama is in charge of Foreign Policy, the 1)s are aligned with Obama when Obama does things like using cruise missiles in Yemen.

I'm pretty sure that we're right when we claim that Ron Paul's foreign policy is very similar to Traditional Conservative Republican foreign policy.

But today, people don't think that. But we can convince them in time. When Bush was President, and he was undertaking what could be called either a neocon foreign policy or a Wilsonian foreign policy, people on freerepublic were almost unanimously convinced that Bush's foreign policy was an appropriate foreign policy, mostly because they liked Bush, and Bush was a Republican.

But they don't like Obama at all. Obama is disliked far more here than over there.
If Obama implements a neocon foreign policy, a Wilsonian foreign policy, it should become, for freerepublics consumption, a liberal, or leftist foreign policy. Best to just forget or ignore that it was Bush's foreign policy.

It's Obama's foreign policy now. Obama is a leftist, a liberal, right? And that's his foreign policy. So attacking Yemen with cruise missiles is a leftist / liberal foreign policy.

They don't like anything leftist / liberal over on freerepublic. The goal, over there, is to make in the minds of those over there, not the neocons, but the standard republicans, the connection neocon / Wilsonian = liberal / leftist / Obama.

Republicans don't really like the neocon philosophy. Republicans, especially the ones over there at freerepublic, really like Republicans, really don't like Democrats.
Supporting Attacking Yemen = Supporting Obama = Supporting Liberal Leftist Democrats.

That's the argument that would work over there. It's not nuanced, not smart or clever, but it's got a pretty good chance of working.

The argument, which I would think would work, but doesn't which goes something like - "people don't like being bombed" - doesn't seem to work.

The argument, "Ron Paul is saying that he doesn't like Obama, and you are saying that Ron Paul is wrong, that means that you like Obama. That proves that you are a leftist. All leftists out of the Republican Party" is the kind of thing that could work.

What I'm thinking about doing off and on is finding those threads over there, bringing them here, and trying to rally people from here to there to spread the simple message. We have the numbers here to shout down the neocons.

Posting silly graphics, clearly tying neocon to Obama might be effective.

parocks- wow that was depressing. I'm someone who is eally concerned with preventing another 9/11 style attack above all else, and people like that, they just bloviate and pound their chest about what people in the middle east SHOULD do and how they SHOULD want the us to do this or that. just no interst in reality at all. I live in on the east coast. you drive through the big dig here in boston, you realize it's not going to take much to bring that thing down,. it's practicly falling down now and has on occasion.

these mainstream republicans, they don't care about protecting americans, they care about their own pride and egos

American Nationalist
01-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Kill them here. Kill them there. Kill them everywhere. The calls for war continue.

WND
Since he is a wholehearted advocate of the leftist critique of American liberty, Obama's conscious validation of the moral position of its enemies comes as no surprise. What surprises some is the fact that a famously staunch conservative like Ron Paul blames U.S. for violence. In a recent TV appearance, we find him "blaming terrorism on the U.S. presence around the globe. 'They're terrorists because we're occupiers,' Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, said on the Larry King show." Of the motive for the recent terror attack, he said, "We bombed Yemen two weeks ago. … He (the suspect, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab) did it because of the bombing." Ben Stein, also a guest on the show, correctly noted that Paul's statement has no basis in fact since "there is no U.S. occupation of Yemen or Nigeria" and Abdulmutallab "had already been mobilized and had even bought his Northwest ticket before we struck." Moreover, as noted in the WND account of the show, "Reports confirm that there was an air strike by Yemeni jets – and possibly some from Saudi Arabia," not U.S. forces.

Apparently Ron Paul believes that seeking cooperation from other states in striking against terrorist camps makes us "occupiers." In a similar vein, because after repelling Iraq's invasion of Kuwait during the first Gulf War, the U.S. did not invade and occupy Iraq, our role as occupiers somehow explains the 9/11 terror attacks. We are in the wrong because we dare to defend others. We are in the wrong because we dare to ally with others in order to do defend ourselves.

Read Full
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=120621

Alan Keyes is a loon, and is evidently void of any logic. He is a bible thumping nut. Any reasonable person knows that Ben Stein looked like a fool. He said Islamic Fundamentalists attack us because they are psycho, failing to acknowledge the fact Obama has been attacking Yemen for months now. Than he has the audacity to call Ron Paul anti semitic, when Ron Paul didn't mention AIPAC, Jews, or Israel in his argument about Americans being occupiers. Anti Semitic used to be a word describing those who hate jews, now it is a word to describe those who Organized Zionism hates. The word has no meaning. I am glad Ron Paul demanded an apology and said Stein's argument was garbage.