PDA

View Full Version : Is fredthompsonforums.com satire?

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 02:28 PM
I was reading some threads on it, and most of the people post things like: "YAY, Fred is for the draft!" or "It doesn't matter how much money Ron Paul made, Fred Paul is an actor and would look good as president! That's all that matters!"

Is it satire...?

cujothekitten
10-04-2007, 02:29 PM
yes

RPatTheBeach
Scarily, it is legit.

nullvalu
Hahaha I think they're real supporters.. Scary isn't it? :D

mdh
It's not satire.

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh my gosh...

Thank goodness there's only like 10 regular posters.

RP08
10-04-2007, 02:32 PM
It's the real deal. Some other FT forum sites were being a little strict on their moderating so the hard-core fans started using that forum because it's pretty much freedom of speech on steroids.

edit:

And it's not with an "s" at the end. fredthompsonforum.com

robatsu
Clearly, the long term users mean it as satire, although, the fact that one has a hard time discerning whether it is satire sez a lot about the US these days.

What is really funny is watching some of the threads from a bonafide newbie pro Fred guy before they figure out the deal.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
Is Fred Thompson a satire?

Yes

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Is Fred Thompson a satire?

Yes

Cheerio! :D

Johnnybags
10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
of all FREDS ideas. Sometimes people go overboard but its pretty much the NEOCON agenda spoken without a softener.

ButchHowdy
10-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Perish the thought!@!

Green Mountain Boy
10-04-2007, 02:34 PM
They're legit Fredheads, no doubt about it.....**logs back onto fredthompsonforum**

Syren123
10-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Fredheads Cannot Be Stopped!!

RP08
10-04-2007, 02:35 PM
yes

delete these lies :)

Roxi
10-04-2007, 02:36 PM
I was around when the fred thompson forums were actually real FT supporters so yes it is technically a real forum, however it has been overrun by RP supporters. most of the posts on there are fake and i dont think there are a lot of real FT supporters left on there anymore other than new ones..

RP08
10-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Cheerio! :D

Ugh. "More cans! He hates these cans!" - Steve Martin: The Jerk

Syren123
10-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I was around when the fred thompson forums were actually real FT supporters so yes it is technically a real forum, however it has been overrun by RP supporters. most of the posts on there are fake and i dont think there are a lot of real FT supporters left on there anymore other than new ones..

That's a rumor. It's been overrun by HILARY supporters.

quickmike
10-04-2007, 02:47 PM
I was reading some threads on it, and most of the people post things like: "YAY, Fred is for the draft!" or "It doesn't matter how much money Ron Paul made, Fred Paul is an actor and would look good as president! That's all that matters!"

Is it satire...?

NO!!!! Its the real deal. Those guys are insane in the membrane!!!!!!!!

RP08
10-04-2007, 02:49 PM
That's a rumor. It's been overrun by HILARY supporters.

exactly! www.ClintonForums.com

DJ RP
10-04-2007, 02:49 PM
How can you read a thread like this one http://fredthompsonforum.com/showthread.php?t=1201 and not realise they are satirising ahhaha

One of the funniest forums in the world, and doing a good service to get people who might be thinking of voting fred to reconsider. Imagine visiting those forums and not realising it was one big joke.

"Don't want to be dead?
Vote Fred!"

Marshall
10-04-2007, 03:13 PM
It's a real forum and Chris Wallace really does post there. I know this because I am Chris Wallace, and I post there as Chris Wallace with a gorgeous headshot of myself as my avatar.

Fred Thompson doesn't take his marching orders from Al Qaeda, Fred Thompson tells Al Qaeda how to march!

Syren123
10-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Some people are more than one person.

quickmike
10-04-2007, 03:15 PM
It's a real forum and Chris Wallace really does post there. I know this because I am Chris Wallace, and I post there as Chris Wallace with a gorgeous headshot of myself as my avatar.

Fred Thompson doesn't take his marching orders from Al Qaeda, Fred Thompson tells Al Qaeda how to march!

VOTE FOR FRED, WHO DRIVES THE TRUCK THATS RED

IF YOU DONT, YOURE GONNA BE DEAD

CUZ ILL COME FILL YA FULL OF LEAD

REMEMBER WHAT I SAID

VOTE FOR FRED!!!!!!

Bob Cochran
10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
... the fact that one has a hard time discerning whether it is satire sez a lot about the US these days...
If one can't see that, one is...uh...better not say...

Syren123
10-04-2007, 03:18 PM
If one can't see that, one is...uh...better not say...

...one is obviously a TERRORIST!!

Bob Cochran
10-04-2007, 03:19 PM

I post there as myself, pretending to be myself, hoping to be believed as "the dumbest neocon you never heard of."

But it's really me.

jonahtrainer
10-04-2007, 03:22 PM

Is it satire...?

Satire in politics is strictly prohibited. Of course they are serious.

Long Live President Paul!!!

quickmike
10-04-2007, 03:25 PM
I post there as myself, pretending to be myself, hoping to be believed as "the dumbest neocon you never heard of."

But it's really me.

Yeah, I remember reading your posts and thinking "man, this guy is the dumbest guy ive never heard of" but then again, I wasnt being myself when I was thinking that. I was pretending to be a FredHead. Now im just confused.:(

Bruehound
10-04-2007, 03:31 PM
That place contatins some of the most wicked, side spliting satire ever created.

But what is even more funny is that a google of simply Fred Thompson displays fredthompsonforums.com on the second page. Almost the big time folks. Sprinkle some links to Fredthompsonforums.com in your comments across the blogosphere and we can get FTF's to page one!!!!

Brwaaahaaahaa

RP08
10-04-2007, 03:48 PM
That place contatins some of the most wicked, side spliting satire ever created.

But what is even more funny is that a google of simply Fred Thompson displays fredthompsonforums.com on the second page. Almost the big time folks. Sprinkle some links to Fredthompsonforums.com in your comments across the blogosphere and we can get FTF's to page one!!!!

Brwaaahaaahaa

small correction: FredThompsonForum.com (no "s")

Those guys are nutty NeoCons over there.

Kregener
10-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Real?

Come on folks, are we not smarter than that?

*SIGH* breathes Kreg as he shakes his head...

Kregener
10-04-2007, 04:30 PM
This is how neocons think!

They truly believe that the "ragheads" and "camel jockeys" are under our beds waiting to eat our children alive.

They BELIEVE that a poser like Fred Thompson, an actor, who has no real grasp of the geo-political situation, will be good for America.

Those rabid posters over there are indicativie of the mindset of millions of our hornswoggled fellow citizens.

Syren123
10-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Okay enough with the Fredhead hating already.

Either you're with Fred, or your with the terrorists. Which is it.

Marshall
10-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Okay enough with the Fredhead hating already.

Either you're with Fred, or your with the terrorists. Which is it.

Correction: Either you're with Fred, or your ass is in Gito recieving 'advanced interrogation' techniques.

erowe1
10-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Fred Thompson is a genius. His supporters can be viewed as either satire or genuine. That way, when he drops out of the race, he can say, "I was just kidding people. You all are so gullible."

constituent
10-04-2007, 05:17 PM
i only post there when i'm genuinely constipated. otherwise i don't bother.

american.swan
10-04-2007, 05:23 PM

Brwaaahaaahaa

Seconded.

american.swan
10-04-2007, 05:24 PM

Is it satire...?

Maybe. Not sure. Try checking out other Neo-con forums and see if they're similar. Like Rush and Hannity.

trispear
10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Be careful when you sign up there. The mods themselves have hijacked IDs there in the past and start posting hateful things with them:eek:

katao
10-04-2007, 06:02 PM
I feel bad that the forums for Mitt Romney (http://www.mittromneyforum.com/) and Rudy Guiliani (http://www.rudygiulianiforum.com) have so much less support. Where are their supporters?

Kregener
10-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Perhaps the Log Cabin Republicans can win the day for Rudy the Judy?

My guess is, that is EXACTLY where they will throw their support. All 3,000 of them.

Shellshock1918
10-04-2007, 08:03 PM
No, these people really are batshit crazy.