PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Will the upcoming decade suck more or less than the last one?

tangent4ronpaul
12-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

Poll question is pretty clear - personally, I think we are in for some "interesting" times... :(

what say you?

-t

Original_Intent
12-31-2009, 11:28 PM
it was the best of times it was the worst of times...

those lines will probably apply to the next decade more than any other since they were penned.

As to the poll question; it all depends. If things go to hell quickly enough and seriously enough, the general populace may turn off American Idol and reclaim their country.

I'll vote that it will suck less - eternal optimist!

TortoiseDream
01-01-2010, 12:30 AM
for whom? the state or the people?

tangent4ronpaul
01-01-2010, 12:40 AM
for whom? the state or the people?

The ppl - obviously....

-t

mtj458
01-01-2010, 12:44 AM
We lived most of the last decade in a bubble. Bubble's are the best times to live until they pop.

Matt Collins
01-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Let's look at history; that will answer our question.

BenIsForRon
01-01-2010, 01:00 AM
I said less, because even though we may be in for tough times economically, I believe there will be a sort of spiritual awakening. Americans and others will begin to think about what is really important in their lives. Instead of wanting multiple houses and five boats, they will begin to desire a more peaceful world.

Freedom 4 all
01-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Depends just how bad things get in the next few years. If they get bad enough, people will start waking up and things will change for the better.

CasualApathy
01-01-2010, 01:02 AM
It will suck less now that I know that all of you are out there.

Bman
01-01-2010, 01:06 AM
It will suck less... at least for me. I'm older, I'm wiser, I will be starting a family, and life is only what you make of it. I don't see suck as any part of the equation.

Dreamofunity
01-01-2010, 01:52 AM
I so badly want to say less, but I fear it'll suck more.

lynnf
01-01-2010, 08:33 AM
hmmmm...... let's see. the sheeple are dumbed down and drugged out. our enemies have control of the media, the financial system, our food, and the politicians. only a rag-tag column gets the real message on the internet, but even they can't agree on what the problems are or how to correct them.

gee, I see nothing but rosy times in there, don't you?

constituent
01-01-2010, 09:18 AM
26 people said worse?

Have some faith in your impact, friends.

CharlesTX
01-01-2010, 09:33 AM
I think the next decade will be interesting. Surely these wars will begin to take a toll, as if it's not already. It took the latter part of the Bush administration to begin questioning government motives to a scale like this, and an Obama presidency to wake up a sleeping giant for reasons right or wrong in people's minds, IMO.

My outlook is optimistic. I do believe a few other inevitable "facepalm" moments are going to occur, but that will just add more fuel to the fire. Especially when certain truths are uncovered and actually taken seriously.

Happy New Decade everyone!

armstrong
01-01-2010, 09:41 AM
happy new year to all ,,,,I think the next decade could go either way !!!!!just so much depends on that.....my gut feeling is worse...

lynnf
01-01-2010, 12:31 PM
26 people said worse?

Have some faith in your impact, friends.

hey, this is an acknowledgement that, even it doesn't go to a civil war, it will get worse before it gets better. it will get much worse.

that isn't a reckoning of the final outcome, just a realization of the struggle that is going on.

lynn

ChaosControl
01-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Well unless the Mayans were right, I'll say less.

low preference guy
01-01-2010, 12:39 PM
I voted less because we'll have hyperinflation at the beginning. Once we recover, on the second part, we'll have small government and a Renaissance.

DjLoTi
01-01-2010, 02:53 PM
better -

Ron Paul's 2nd run, living through Dec 2012, watching the house of cards fall and people (maybe) waking up... I think it'll be a better decade

Southron
01-01-2010, 07:12 PM
If by "suck" you mean less freedom, I say its going to be worse.

I have absolutely no hope as long as the State has control of the children in the indoctrination camps.

And the majority of the populace can't imagine life without the camps.

Sometimes knowledge is painful. Its like the red pill vs the blue pill with no going back!

Isn't there some way I can be reinserted into the matrix and become a sheep again?:)

RedLightning
01-01-2010, 07:21 PM
We can't let it "suck more".

Hopefully we can get Rand Paul and more liberty candidates will get elected to the senate.

BuddyRey
01-02-2010, 04:26 AM
Much, much better!

The 2010's will be the decade of socioeconomic renaissance, in which libertarian saturation of the political discourse will reach critical mass; ideas like Free Banking and asset-backed currency will flourish (even if only on a black or grey market level), and personal secession movements like The Free State Project, Free State Wyoming, and the Republic of Lakotah will see recruiting levels surge.

lynnf
01-02-2010, 05:38 AM
Much, much better!

The 2010's will be the decade of socioeconomic renaissance, in which libertarian saturation of the political discourse will reach critical mass; ideas like Free Banking and asset-backed currency will flourish (even if only on a black or grey market level), and personal secession movements like The Free State Project, Free State Wyoming, and the Republic of Lakotah will see recruiting levels surge.

and how many are going to have to die in order to bring this utopia into fruition?

lynn

YumYum
01-02-2010, 05:43 AM
The end is coming. We are all going into a FEMA camp. Listen to this video, it will melt your heart. Christians were fed to lions. Stop complaining.

YouTube - kris kristofferson - Why me Lord (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2u_rEcWW8M&feature=fvw)

BuddyRey
01-02-2010, 05:48 AM
and how many are going to have to die in order to bring this utopia into fruition?

To be quite clear, I'm not suggesting that we can forge a Utopia, since no system of human interaction designed by humans themselves can ever be perfect.

As for how many people will potentially die in the process of trying to bring about a free(er) society, I can tell you that I sincerely pray that nobody ever has to die for that cause ever again; but I don't think that would be very realistic.

Government is already killing thousands of people every day, and they've demonstrated a real talent for it. However, fatalities can hopefully be minimized by restricting our revolution to nonviolent activities, as most of us, being respecters of life, property, and freedom, would do anyway.

constituent
01-02-2010, 02:48 PM
hey, this is an acknowledgement that, even it doesn't go to a civil war, it will get worse before it gets better. it will get much worse.

that isn't a reckoning of the final outcome, just a realization of the struggle that is going on.

lynn

I have no doubt that we'll all have to fight for every inch...

constituent
01-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Isn't there some way I can be reinserted into the matrix and become a sheep again?:)

Sure, for the low, low (and i mean sleazy low) price of $19.95

http://cherryhill.injersey.com/files/2009/10/Glenn-Beck.jpg

constituent
01-02-2010, 02:54 PM
(even if only on a black or grey market level)

This is really important. The growth in the popularity of "grey" markets over the past 4 or 5 yrs. has been phenomenal. Folks getting paid under the table, bartering goods and services for goods and services... ahhhh, commerce unimpeded!

BuddyRey
01-02-2010, 03:26 PM
This is really important. The growth in the popularity of "grey" markets over the past 4 or 5 yrs. has been phenomenal. Folks getting paid under the table, bartering goods and services for goods and services... ahhhh, commerce unimpeded!

Yeah, I really think underground market activity will be one of the first binding forces to help pull us out of the mire of statism once people en masse begin to wake up!