PDA

View Full Version : Encouraging words from HS Students...

ronpaulhawaii
12-31-2009, 09:04 PM
So, Adam visited a High School for their Political Awareness Day (where the incumbent went to school, in a gym named after his father...:eek::p:)), with 18 other politicians, and the theme was promoting political parties.

An envelope just arrived with handwritten letters from students, thought y'all might appreciate some quotes from a few of them. I find some vindication for our efforts in these words and hope they encourage others like they do me.

"Your views were very clear and they made me re-think the way government works."

"Your speech had many great messages and it encouraged me to get more involved in politics."

"The part of your speech about the "revolution" was really captivating and I could honestly see the truth in your words"

"You were a great representative for the Republican Party and, unlike others, I could actually be alert for all of your speech... you were correct that political parties should be about principles..."

"I believe I can speak for the entire class when I say you captivated us all with your well spoken speech. You focus on very important issues such as immigration, health care and foreign policy. I do believe you can make a difference our state, and nation-wide"

There is lots more... it is so important to be out there talking to people... campaigns create a great environment for doing that... must. do. more.

Danke
12-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Happy New Year Michael!!

Keep up the fight!

angelatc
12-31-2009, 09:08 PM
I could actually be alert for all of your speech....

LOL! I know exactly what he means.

ronpaulhawaii
12-31-2009, 09:14 PM
Happy New Year Michael!!

Keep up the fight!

Happy New Year, Kris, thanks.

Went to a Posole Party this afternoon at a political friends house. Off to a B/W rugby party in a bit... Ratcheting it up in the New Year... :D

nayjevin
12-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Nice work. This could make a press release. Priceless exposure.

Kotin
12-31-2009, 09:40 PM
good to hear from you mike, thanks..

have a great new years.

Cowlesy
12-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Viva la rEVOLution!

Travlyr
01-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Viva la rEVOLution!

Yeah!

LittleLightShining
01-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Absolutely!

ClayTrainor
01-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Those are really awesome! Post more! :D

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Those are really awesome! Post more! :D

+1

MR2Fast2Catch
01-01-2010, 01:21 PM
This thread is awesome! Please do post more of their comments

Rancher
01-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Onward and Upward

dannno
01-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Amazing!

The best part is that most of those students have 2 parents to convince now.

Texan4Life
01-01-2010, 03:19 PM
This thread is awesome! Please do post more of their comments

+1!!

and a youtube of the speech!!

Adam Kokesh
01-02-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm rereading these right now and holding back tears. This kind of feedback is really encouraging. Especially from high school students who are supposed to be the hardest to reach.

I really want to find a good way to share these. Thoughts?

Imperial
01-02-2010, 12:42 AM
I'm rereading these right now and holding back tears. This kind of feedback is really encouraging. Especially from high school students who are supposed to be the hardest to reach.

Write a book.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-02-2010, 12:49 AM
exactly how many letters did you receive?

Umbro2914
01-02-2010, 11:34 AM
exactly how many letters did you receive?

ALthough its nice to hear the positive feedback, lets face it, it was most likely a class assignment, to write to the speaker and thank him for comming by. Have you people been out of school for so long?

Travlyr
01-02-2010, 12:26 PM
ALthough its nice to hear the positive feedback, lets face it, it was most likely a class assignment, to write to the speaker and thank him for comming by. Have you people been out of school for so long?

It may or may not have been a class assignment. But the students listened attentively to what Adam had to say and a lot of them took bumper stickers and signed up to keep in touch and to learn more.

dannno
01-02-2010, 12:33 PM

Except that there were like 18 speakers or something, I don't think they had to write to all of them... and if they did they probably forgot what they said, but it's clear they remembered what Adam Kokesh said.

ronpaulhawaii
01-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Except that there were like 12 speakers or something, I don't think they had to write to all of them... and if they did they probably forgot what they said, but it's clear they remembered what Adam Kokesh said.

18 actually, and we received 10 letters. The numbers don't add up for a required assignment, unless they were to pick say three speakers a piece... Yes, I imagine it was some sort of class project. Danno hits the nail on the head above...

Will post some more quotes when Adam is around, not sure where he put the letters...

Umbro2914
01-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Except that there were like 18 speakers or something, I don't think they had to write to all of them... and if they did they probably forgot what they said, but it's clear they remembered what Adam Kokesh said.

ah my bad, i understood it to be that each candidate/politican went to a different school.

MR2Fast2Catch
01-02-2010, 02:03 PM

Write a book.

+1.
I would love to see Adam write a book (after the campaign), about his experiences in the military, his earlier activism, and his congressional campaign, and how they all affected his life/politics/the country, etc.

Adam Kokesh
01-02-2010, 03:33 PM
My only rational conclusion from the number and nature of the letters is that it was either offered to one class or all seniors as an extra credit assignment, or it was one class required to choose a speaker and write a letter. Either way, getting 10 letters with specific feedback required attention (and retention from students who were not taking notes) and deliberate choice by the students. Believe me, I questioned myself before I really judged their significance and there was obviously a considerable investment of effort in them.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-02-2010, 04:05 PM
My only rational conclusion from the number and nature of the letters is that it was either offered to one class or all seniors as an extra credit assignment, or it was one class required to choose a speaker and write a letter. Either way, getting 10 letters with specific feedback required attention (and retention from students who were not taking notes) and deliberate choice by the students. Believe me, I questioned myself before I really judged their significance and there was obviously a considerable investment of effort in them.

The reason I asked how many was to see if you had time to personally respond to each one. If it was some kind of extra credit or whatever, the last thing these kids will expect is to get a personal response back from you. I know time is a thing you don't have enough of, but this could really send an impression with the kids, their teachers, their parents, and possibly their friends. By personal response I mean something in addition to writing a letter.

-Could you speak at their school again? I don't know what the format was last time, but with 18 speakers it couldn't have been very accessible to most kids. How about a truly intimate setting (kinda like story time, lol) where not only the kids, but their teachers get to ask you whatever. It should be in small groups and possibly throughout the day. Not one large assembly that kids will see as time to get out of class. Or you could go sit with each kid in their class for a bit. If it was the same class you've only got one stop. If they were spread out you could stay a few minutes with each class and do the Q&A thing. Make sure that they know they can ask you anything from "What is you stance on Cap and Trade?" to "Who was your first girlfriend?" to "What's your favorite food?" Make it personal, make them remember. Melt the hearts of those young (and old) women teachers!! Imagine how fun it would be to sit down and eat lunch with high schoolers, or participate in one of their class discussions! A lot of precious time could be either blown or well spent here. I think that is up to how much time you actually spend there and what the setting is for your interactions. Most importantly, impress upon them that when you write you congressmen you should get a response. And not a stock letter.

You've got a golden opportunity to blow the top off of this one.

ctiger2
01-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Wonderful! Reminds me I have to throw Adam some more dough this week. I got paid yesterday! :D

kathy88
01-02-2010, 05:05 PM

Excellent idea. The campaign should issue a release.

boat6868
01-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Awesome comments. Adam is an impressive speaker with a great combination of MESSAGE, stage presence and, delivery. Compared to the typical political stooges that were probably there that day I am sure Adam had them on the edge of their seats!

To win, Adam needs to get in front of as many people as possible...because those longing to end politics as usual will love him...and I am glad to see that his calendar is filling up in January...keep booking those events!!
b

Travlyr
01-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Awesome comments. Adam is an impressive speaker with a great combination of MESSAGE, stage presence and, delivery. Compared to the typical political stooges that were probably there that day I am sure Adam had them on the edge of their seats!

To win, Adam needs to get in front of as many people as possible...because those longing to end politics as usual will love him...and I am glad to see that his calendar is filling up in January...keep booking those events!!
b

Support for Adam is support for Liberty!

jbrace
01-06-2010, 01:09 AM

If this was a required or extra credit assignment they would have said something mundane, like thanks for coming and speaking to our class, not words like "captivating"..

"You were a great representative for the Republican Party and, unlike others, I could actually be alert for all of your speech... you were correct that political parties should be about principles..."

"I believe I can speak for the entire class when I say you captivated us all with your well spoken speech. You focus on very important issues such as immigration, health care and foreign policy. I do believe you can make a difference our state, and nation-wide"

Even if the letters were extra credit assignments, they are sincere and that's what matters. I feel there is such a disconnect to younger generations and politics. I was a 19, I didn't care about politics at all, until I stumbled upon a speech my Congressman Paul on Youtube. My life has been forever changed from a 9 minute video and I'm sure some kids among the crowd you spoke to feel the same way. If you can make an effort to reach out to younger generation by speaking at schools and answering questions; I feel like you can really tap into hearts and minds. :)

Travlyr
01-06-2010, 09:19 AM
The reason I asked how many was to see if you had time to personally respond to each one. If it was some kind of extra credit or whatever, the last thing these kids will expect is to get a personal response back from you. I know time is a thing you don't have enough of, but this could really send an impression with the kids, their teachers, their parents, and possibly their friends. By personal response I mean something in addition to writing a letter.

-Could you speak at their school again? I don't know what the format was last time, but with 18 speakers it couldn't have been very accessible to most kids. How about a truly intimate setting (kinda like story time, lol) where not only the kids, but their teachers get to ask you whatever. It should be in small groups and possibly throughout the day. Not one large assembly that kids will see as time to get out of class. Or you could go sit with each kid in their class for a bit. If it was the same class you've only got one stop. If they were spread out you could stay a few minutes with each class and do the Q&A thing. Make sure that they know they can ask you anything from "What is you stance on Cap and Trade?" to "Who was your first girlfriend?" to "What's your favorite food?" Make it personal, make them remember. Melt the hearts of those young (and old) women teachers!! Imagine how fun it would be to sit down and eat lunch with high schoolers, or participate in one of their class discussions! A lot of precious time could be either blown or well spent here. I think that is up to how much time you actually spend there and what the setting is for your interactions. Most importantly, impress upon them that when you write you congressmen you should get a response. And not a stock letter.

I agree.

USA2012DIVA
01-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Youth of today will be the leaders of tomorrow! Adam, you are doing your part to help educate and empower these kids to stand for freedom, peace, and constitutional values. Thank you.
https://kokesh.netboots.net/sites/kokesh.netboots.net/files/imagecache/fullsize/images/Andrew_Sharp/BBlarge.gif (http://www.kokeshforcongress.com/birthday-bomb-february-1st-2010)

Tina Richards
01-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Here's our press release:
ADAM SPEAKS TO SENIORS AT POJOAQUE HIGH SCHOOL

SANTA FE, NM - JANUARY 5 - The 2008 election cycle saw a tremendous amount of youth getting excited about politics in a way that hasn't been seen in recent times. That political trend looks to continue with the 2010 mid-term election cycle, as New Mexico congressional candidate (NM-3) Adam Kokesh inspires the Internet generation to get involved. The Republican challenger recently visited the senior class of Pojoaque High School where he spoke to students about why he is running for office, and what government means to him.

Over a dozen handwritten letters from students arrived at the campaign headquarters days later, expressing encouragement for Kokesh. One student, senior Christina Schroedle, stated, "Your views were very clear and they made me re-think the way our government works." Another student, Crystal Vigil, observed, "You were a great representative for the Republican party and ... you were correct that political parties should be about principles." Additionally, student council and National Honor Society student Justin Sandoval remarked, "The part of your speech about the 'revolution' was really captivating and I could honestly see the truth in your words."

At the voter registration table in the high school, of-age students registered to vote. The registrar noted that while most students in that area normally register as Democrats, this year the large number of students registered as Independents.

Part of Carmelita Roybal's letter states, "Your speech had many great messages and it encouraged me to get more involved in politics," and senior Miguel Salazar added," I believe the entire senior class here at Pojoaque High School would agree when I say that you captivated all of us with your well spoken speech. You focus on very important issues such as immigration, health care and foreign policy. I do believe you can make a difference within our state as well as nation-wide."

The nation's youth are beginning to realize that they are inheriting massive, unsustainable debt, and if their participation in politics continues as it did in the 2008 presidential election, this year's 2010 elections will be very interesting to watch.

Available for interviews: media@kokeshforcongress.com or call 505-470-1917.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-07-2010, 12:42 PM
sweet

nayjevin
01-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Beauty! Campaign is on it!

KCIndy
01-09-2010, 05:10 PM

I agree! If there's any chance for a personal response, I think it would be worth it...

Kids of that age have a zeal and enthusiasm that knows no bounds, if only you can tap into it!

WorldonaString
01-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Very very cool. The youth recognize sincerity and honesty quickly. They have no patience for your run of the mill politicians. More field trips for Adam!

Rancher
01-14-2010, 09:15 AM
This is a great tactic Adam. Young people love freedom, and they are our future.

Cool!