PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Campaign Hires Andy Demers

RonPaulFanInGA
12-31-2009, 04:23 PM
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Granite+Status%3A+2010+is+al ready+here&articleId=cb717b70-ff4c-414c-a5f0-dc9202cb0949

While New Hampshire has not been a "libertarian" state, the movement is gaining force with the rise of groups such as Citizens for Sensible Legislation and the Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire.

Andy Demers, chairman and founder of CSL, suggested the national GOP watch New Hampshire.

"We have an active wing of the Republican party and a lot of good, independent candidates and activists," he said.

Will this "liberty wing," as Demers calls it, move as a bloc in the Senate primary? If so, will Ovide Lamontagne be the beneficiary?

Demers says it's not so simple.

"A lot of people and the media are trying to imply that the primary races in New Hampshire and Kentucky are 'insiders versus outsiders,' and 'establishment versus non-establishment.' But there are a lot of things in play."

HEADING TO KENTUCKY. That said, Demers confirmed he is leaving the state temporarily to become the No. 2 staffer in Rand Paul's GOP Senate campaign in Kentucky.

Demers, who will be political director, said he had no idea if his hiring is related to the recent resignation of Paul's campaign coordinator, Christopher Hightower, after he was linked to racist images, including a lynching photo, that appeared on a Kentucky political blog.

Demers said he did not know what Hightower's responsibilities were, and so could not say if he is replacing him in any way.

Demers is the former state director of absentee balloting for the Republican National Committee Victory '08 program and a staffer for Ron Paul's 2008 presidential campaign in New Hampshire.

MRoCkEd
12-31-2009, 04:28 PM
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aedemers

Current

* Political Director at Rand Paul for US Senate 2010

Past

* Chairman at Citizens For Sensible Legislation
* Independent Political Consultant at Granite State Political Solutions
* Director of Absentee Balloting - Victory 2008 at Republican National Committee / NH Republican State Committee

Cowlesy
12-31-2009, 04:29 PM
There is no replacing Chris Hightower. He lived the campaign.

I wish Andy the best!!

Gage
12-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Very interesting news, I asked a user on here with the username Thargok yesterday at the Frankfort event if Chris had been replaced, and he couldn't remember his name right that second, but maybe this is the guy.

AuH2O
12-31-2009, 05:24 PM
He worked on Ron's Presidential Campaign in NH as well.

FSP-Rebel
12-31-2009, 05:44 PM
I met Andy Demers back in the summer at the NHLA's annual awards dinner as he was one of the folks at my table. From what I can tell and from what I've heard about him, he seems to be a politically-astute heavyweight up here. I'm sure he'll make a fine addition to the Rand campaign. Andy is one of the reasons that the NH GOP has the biggest libertarian wing of any state GOP parties across the country: for example, there are 79 libertarian-republicans as NH state representatives (that # were the one's that received an A- or above score on the NHLA's annual liberty rating card for their votes in '09).

Matt Collins
12-31-2009, 05:52 PM
//

Matt Collins
01-14-2010, 10:39 AM
From what I can tell and from what I've heard about him, he seems to be a politically-astute heavyweight up here.That's what he claims and I believe him. I spent all day with him yesterday and his strategy is rock solid. :)