PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Ron Paul’s fringe is what America needs

bobbyw24
12-31-2009, 05:56 AM
BY STEVE ADCOCK ⋅ DECEMBER 30, 2009 ⋅

I was a Ron Paul supporter in the 2008 campaign for the presidency, and I made no apologies about it. Ron Paul was the candidate at the time that supported a smaller government, individual liberties and the Constitution closer than any other candidate. By far, he was the small government candidate.

Others, especially conservatives, would often say that they support many of Paul’s positions, but…

Either his voice was too “high and whiny”, or they viewed his position on America’s foreign policy to be “wacko” and “crazy”. The going phrase at the time, and still today, is that Ron Paul is a politician who is living “on the fringe”. He was not “mainstream” enough to win over much of the concerned voting public.

Clearly, the term fringe is meant in a negative light to imply that his views are out of the norm. So-called fringe candidates are outside of a more typical path to political enlightenment, I suppose, and cannot possibly run a country as big, expensive and corrupt as the federal government.

http://www.smallgovtimes.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/ron.paul_.jpg

But the irony should be simple. It is just this “typical path to political enlightenment” that has grown this country to monstrous proportions. These candidates who apparently subscribe to the more common views in Washington are the very ones who are responsible for our multitrillion-dollar national debt, and our ever-burgeoning deficit. These are the politicians with whom Americans are most upset with, but yet, other candidates like Ron Paul are somehow “on the fringe” and cannot possibly be trusted. Continuing with the “mainstream” was a better option.

To this, I have only one question. WHAT?!? Truthfully, if a firm and consistent belief in a small government and a non-interventionist foreign policy is what it means to be on the fringe, then I am proud to be here. I am proud to be outside of the typical political thought in Washington D.C. that has caused the great majority of the problems that we face on a daily basis in the first place. Being mainstream is the problem!

What ground can anyone possibly stand on, when their political philosophy (you know, the typical, common, “in the middle” frame of mind) happens to be the root cause for the problems that concern so many Americans today? How is it possible to escape from the clutches of big government corruption and maniacal control over almost every aspect of American life if we continue to reject outsiders as “on the fringe”?

Do you want change, or no?

I am sure during the revolutionary times back in the 1700’s many viewed our founding fathers to be “on the fringe” for wanting to start a war to free ourselves from British tyranny. But sometimes, when things get bad enough, introducing non-common ideas and a radical change to politics as usual is what a country needs to break free from the continued degradation of American society.

Perhaps it is not bad enough yet.

This isn’t about Ron Paul specifically. This is about the rejection of thought outside of the norm, but yet, expecting the same political ideas from the same politicians to somehow result in positive change. Career politicians have made their living out of consolidating money and power into the hands of select politicians. There are a lot of uncertainties in this world, but one thing is very, very certain: nothing will change unless American voters begin to reject typical political thought in D.C.

Don’t believe me? Then continue voting as you always have. Continue rejecting anything outside of the same political thought that politicians have used to concoct government programs and initiative for years. Continue doing what you have always done, and watch what happens.

…to the peril of us all.

http://tinyurl.com/yapddft

bobbyw24
12-31-2009, 08:03 AM
"I am sure during the revolutionary times back in the 1700’s many viewed our founding fathers to be “on the fringe”

Ron Paul is a modern day founding father

MsDoodahs
12-31-2009, 08:17 AM
Love this article and have been sharing it around.

Thanks for posting it!

bobbyw24
12-31-2009, 08:20 AM
Love this article and have been sharing it around.

Thanks for posting it!

Thanks--it is a great piece. The title originally made me think it was gonna be negative but it's definitely not

catdd
12-31-2009, 09:26 AM
"they viewed his position on America’s foreign policy to be “wacko” and “crazy”."

Yeah, and it just may be a LUnAtiC you're looking for -

YouTube - Billy Joel - You May Be Right (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo9t5XK0FhA)

Dunedain
12-31-2009, 09:44 AM
To the lunatic, the sane don't seem so sane.

The MSM has sucessfully transmorgified normal people into lunatics...literally driven people insane in their belief system due to the massive amount of social engineering over the years.

stu2002
12-31-2009, 09:46 AM

The MSM has sucessfully transmorgified normal people into lunatics...litterally, driven people insane in their belief system due to the massive amount of social engineering over the years.

For real

catdd
12-31-2009, 09:53 AM

The MSM has sucessfully transmorgified normal people into lunatics...literally driven people insane in their belief system due to the massive amount of social engineering over the years.

Yeah the sane appears insane within the cave. But someone could make a good youtube campaign video using this song.