PDA

View Full Version : Update: Ron Paul Response (And Challenge) to Ben Stein!

BuddyRey
12-31-2009, 02:25 AM
Ron Paul responds to the Ben Stein controversy and challenges Stein to a moderated debate! :D

YouTube - steindebate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfHrOetcSDA)

devil21
12-31-2009, 03:30 AM
I don't think Ron should waste his time or give Stein the credibility by debating him. Ron is on a whole nother level than Stein.

BlackTerrel
12-31-2009, 03:48 AM
I don't think Ron should waste his time or give Stein the credibility by debating him. Ron is on a whole nother level than Stein.

Stein might be afraid to take him on but I would love if this happened.

I could really give a crap about Stein or his credibility - it's not about him. But something like this would get a lot of viewers, and a lot of them people who don't usually follow Ron Paul. I'd love to see it.

leipo
12-31-2009, 05:23 AM
link doesn't work?

Magicman
12-31-2009, 05:30 AM
I think that this would generate more ratings and add another podium for Ron Paul to be on the news so it's not a bad idea.

John of Des Moines
12-31-2009, 06:07 AM
link doesn't work?

It's a private video??? How about a link where I don't need to sign in the youtube to watch.

No1ButPaul08
12-31-2009, 06:15 AM
It's a private video??? How about a link where I don't need to sign in the youtube to watch.

It's more than that. The person who runs the youtube account has to invite you to watch it.

jmdrake
12-31-2009, 08:08 AM
Stein might be afraid to take him on but I would love if this happened.

I could really give a crap about Stein or his credibility - it's not about him. But something like this would get a lot of viewers, and a lot of them people who don't usually follow Ron Paul. I'd love to see it.

Exactly! The best way to deal with these attacks is to turn them into a teachable moment. That said I'm not sure why this was put up as a private video. What's the point of the challenge if nobody can see it? If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to here.....

Chester Copperpot
12-31-2009, 08:19 AM
anybody with a link like that is an asshole. I dont mean the OP, but the person who uploaded the video to youtube and put restrictions on viewing the file..

fuckoff you piece of shit.

constituent
12-31-2009, 08:23 AM
anybody with a link like that is an asshole. I dont mean the OP, but the person who uploaded the video to youtube and put restrictions on viewing the file..

fuckoff you piece of shit.

they want you to go to campaignliberty.com to see the video. it's called marketing...

pacelli
12-31-2009, 08:30 AM
Could you please post the video so anyone can see it, or, provide a link to where it can be played without "signing in"?

nobody's_hero
12-31-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't see it on the Campaign for Liberty website.

BuddyRey
12-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Link was working last night.

Confusing development is confusing.

angelatc
12-31-2009, 09:01 AM
they want you to go to campaignliberty.com to see the video. it's called marketing...

I suspect it is actually called a mistake. Their "tireless web guru" is just a formerly homeless but apparently personable guy who carved out a paid niche when the campaign ended. You can't really expect too much.

MelissaWV
12-31-2009, 09:08 AM
campaignliberty.com is actually a website for a Sorority leadership person.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/ is where you'd want to go, but I don't see the video or any reference to it on the site.

reduen
12-31-2009, 09:17 AM
I can't find the video either. What a dirty trick you have played here....:(

FreedomRings
12-31-2009, 09:31 AM
So, is this a hoax?

BuddyRey
12-31-2009, 09:34 AM
I can't find the video either. What a dirty trick you have played here....:(

This isn't any trick I've played, I promise you.

This video was up last night and is now gone, for some inexplicable reason. I can't seem to find any rips of it either.

MelissaWV
12-31-2009, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't think BuddyRey would do anything along these lines. I didn't get to see the video, but there might be a logical explanation for it, and an even better explanation for why it suddenly isn't available... but we'll never hear 'em.

My only point is that we should blame poor old BR for that. I mean look at the poor old guy... he's practically dust!

BuddyRey
12-31-2009, 09:40 AM
Well, if it was a delusion, at least it was one I didn't suffer alone!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=224848&highlight=debate+Ben+Stein

My only point is that we should blame poor old BR for that. I mean look at the poor old guy... he's practically dust!

ROFL's!!!

That guy in my avatar is pretty grizzled isn't he? I've narrowed it down to being either a picture of Lysander Spooner, or the bassist from ZZ Top.

jmdrake
12-31-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm betting that some "consultant" decided it was better to "play it safe" and pretend the Stein incident didn't happen rather than taking it head on. :( That or they want more people to become CFL youtube friends and are using this as a ploy? :confused: I just sent a friend request to CFL. Is anyone hear already a friend? Can anyone give a synopsis of what was said?