PDA

View Full Version : The solution is to geographically organize and live freedom by example

TheEvilDetector
12-31-2009, 02:01 AM
ok Live_Free_Or_Die I created a thread per your request http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2471992&postcount=608

Originally Posted by TheEvilDetector
>Well if you can bypass the political process to geographically organize and live
>freedom by example, more power to you. I can't imagine how, but I'm sure you
>have a plan.

>Actually it would be nice if you could share the plan with us.

Start a thread, I will contribute....

What is your plan?

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-31-2009, 02:02 AM
ok Live_Free_Or_Die I created a thread per your request http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2471992&postcount=608

What is your plan?

Free State Project

TheEvilDetector
12-31-2009, 02:04 AM
Free State Project

Seems like a great idea to me.

I like the mission statement:

"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property. The success of the Project would likely entail reductions in taxation and regulation, reforms at all levels of government, to expand individual rights and free markets, and a restoration of constitutional federalism, demonstrating the benefits of liberty to the rest of the nation and the world."

PS: However, one point is that this doesn't bypass the political process, it engages it, which is something I assumed Live_Free_Or_Die wanted to bypass based on his comments that led to the creation of this thread..

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-31-2009, 05:22 AM
Seems like a great idea to me.

I like the mission statement:

"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property. The success of the Project would likely entail reductions in taxation and regulation, reforms at all levels of government, to expand individual rights and free markets, and a restoration of constitutional federalism, demonstrating the benefits of liberty to the rest of the nation and the world."

PS: However, one point is that this doesn't bypass the political process, it engages it, which is something I assumed Live_Free_Or_Die wanted to bypass based on his comments that led to the creation of this thread..

If you want to bypass then engage in Agorism and Counter-Economics. That would be, Anarchy (What the free-market is), my friend. :D

Also, apparently you haven't seen these guys.

FreeKeene.com

cbc58
12-31-2009, 09:15 AM
As someone who has lived in NH for more than 25 years, I can tell you that it is one thing to promote the FSP and something else entirely to make it happen in terms of the practical reality of the NH way of life. Most people in NH think FSP people are crazy, and NH has laws and law enforcement like any other state. You are working with a population that questions everything and hates change. IMHO it's a pipe dream -- unless TSHF, then anything is open to change anywhere in the country.

I can tell you unequivocally that if you come into NH and take the tact and attitude that some do here - you will fail. And I'm for alot of what the FSP seeks to acheive. You don't show up in NH and say "were going to change NH in the cause of liberty", ... if you do... they'll trap you, skin you and eat you - politically speaking.

Try standing in a town hall meeting and going against the local population on a simple issue and you'll see what I mean.

Isaac Bickerstaff
12-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Never mind the Free State Project. Make the Free County Project work in your neighborhood.

constituent
12-31-2009, 09:18 AM
I think trying to organize by geography is a futile waste of time... though I'm sure it works well for fundraising and what not.

The best way is for individuals to start living as freely as possible right where they are at, to begin spreading the ideas of liberty to those who will listen, to hold all their local officials feet to the fire at every turn, from every angle.

It is my position that the desire to organize liberty as a group or geography is what has stagnated the growth of liberty as an idea.

constituent
12-31-2009, 09:19 AM
Never mind the Free State Project. Make the Free County Project work in your neighborhood.

Exactly.

constituent
12-31-2009, 09:22 AM
I can tell you unequivocally that if you come into NH and take the tact and attitude that some do here - you will fail. And I'm for alot of what the FSP seeks to acheive. You don't show up in NH and say "were going to change NH in the cause of liberty", ... if you do... they'll trap you, skin you and eat you - politically speaking.

It has always amazed me to watch individuals leave where they're from to take over where someone else is from in the name of "liberty."

Have they no sense of irony?

People cannot be saved from themselves...

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/Murdering+Stone/21100663

powerofreason
12-31-2009, 09:30 AM
It has always amazed me to watch individuals leave where they're from to take over where someone else is from in the name of "liberty."

Its only ironic if one's definition of liberty is, say, right wing Constitutionalism (which is not liberty). Liberty is not "forced" on one, liberty is the absence of coercive force (or the threat thereof).

Pericles
12-31-2009, 10:20 AM

Winner! Especially in states without a state income tax.

MelissaWV
12-31-2009, 10:21 AM
Government: Yes... that's it... move closer together... closer... here in the giant shadow of my hand... closer, my precioussssssss.

*squish*

Annihilia
12-31-2009, 10:34 AM
As someone who has lived in NH for more than 25 years, I can tell you that it is one thing to promote the FSP and something else entirely to make it happen in terms of the practical reality of the NH way of life. Most people in NH think FSP people are crazy, and NH has laws and law enforcement like any other state. You are working with a population that questions everything and hates change. IMHO it's a pipe dream -- unless TSHF, then anything is open to change anywhere in the country.

Try standing in a town hall meeting and going against the local population on a simple issue and you'll see what I mean.

The FSP interests me greatly, but I'm worried that some of their members have done some silly things that reflect negatively upon the entire movement. CD is one thing, but going around and doing so in a manner that does not win the sympathy of the native residents is a terrible strategy.

I hate incrementalism as much as the next guy, but even Mises said that it was prudent to make our ideas palatable to the masses. Running around naked with an M4 strapped to your back is about the farthest thing from palatable to a soccer mom.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-31-2009, 02:29 PM
nt

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2009, 02:53 PM

Yes. We don't need to be politically manipulated. The reason why is self evident to the extent that the mind of an ordained king can understand it and unalienable to the extent that the conscience of every human being can perceive it. Our Founding Fathers did not establish our nation on the dark theory of a political science but they founded it on a natural law. This Truth substantiates us! We don't need doers' doing anything for us. We don't need experts diverting our attention away from that which is self evident and unalienable. This Truth belongs to us in that it becomes our Civil Purpose! This Civil Purpose in turn becomes the Formal Culture that we adopt in that it supercedes every tradition and legal precedence established by our lessor, informal cultures.