PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul wants to debate Ben Stein

rawful
12-31-2009, 01:30 AM
YouTube - steindebate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfHrOetcSDA)

0zzy
12-31-2009, 01:54 AM
hahaha. oh man. goofy ending. should of just been a video of Ron Paul instead of back of this guys head.

revolutionary8
12-31-2009, 01:55 AM
That was really distracting. I understand over amping Ron Paul, but not to the point of having to raise the volume to hear what "the head" was asking him...

Naughtafan.

tonesforjonesbones
12-31-2009, 02:05 AM
Well, you did get the point didn't ya? I hope Ben Stein will rise to the occasion..I'd love to see it. TONES

BlackTerrel
12-31-2009, 02:14 AM
This would be great... and I imagine draw a pretty good audience and people who don't follow Ron Paul as well. I'd be very happy if this happened.

libertarian4321
12-31-2009, 02:25 AM
Stein won't respond.

He took a cheap shot because he was desperate.

Now he's just hoping it will blow over if he ignores it.

revolutionary8
12-31-2009, 02:35 AM
Well, you did get the point didn't ya? I hope Ben Stein will rise to the occasion..I'd love to see it. TONES

not from this interview, it was horrible. I'm not sure what else to say, but that I hope it doesn't happen again.

BuddyRey
12-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Why did C4L pull the video? :-(

Chester Copperpot
12-31-2009, 09:44 AM
we should call up ben stein to debate ron paul and have it on larry king.

or call up larry king and get him to get the 2 to debate

LDA
12-31-2009, 09:48 AM
Stein won't respond.

Yeah, this.

Todd
12-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Stein won't respond.

As someone else said.....Stein's little comment wasn't desperation, it was "Strategic".

The people who push intervention abroad in the name of Israel etc aren't feeling much desperation IMO.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Someone should call the anti-defamation league on Ben Stein.

silverhandorder
12-31-2009, 12:05 PM
This video is private gayness...

dannno
12-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Ya I wanna see the tube still

pacelli
12-31-2009, 12:07 PM
I guess Ron no longer wants to debate Ben Stein? Maybe don't make it an issue so Ben Stein just goes away since he is clearly off his rocker (to me at least). Incidentally why is the C4L hiding the video now?

lester1/2jr
12-31-2009, 12:10 PM
will never happen. the last thing in the world the israel lobby wants is for people to LEARN about this issue.

cheapseats
12-31-2009, 12:19 PM
IN MY OPINION [no need to launch the fear-based accusations], this is a clear-cut case of ROPE A DOPE. Y'all are forever on the defense rather than the offense.

With respect, Ron Paul is not a gifted speaker, nor is he charismatic. Hence, the DECADES in Congress trying and largely failing to persuade his colleagues and our representatives to his way of thinking.

Engage Ben Stein in print -- AFTER "details" like whether overseas military bases are LUXURIES we can't afford AT THIS TIME have been proofread and polished.

Issue a plea for signatories. Separate the wheat from the chaff.

All that said, while I believe there are far better ways to play the cards dealt than TRADITIONAL Political Activists seem bent on playing them, the charge of Anti-Semitism DOES have traction with Ron Paul. It WILL harm him in a bid for the Presidency.

Y'all don't want to hear this, I know. I am not well liked, I know. I don't care. This isn't a popularity contest. No matter how beloved Ron Paul is by Ron Paul Devotees, he remains a hard sell nationwide and therefore A LONG SHOT FOR THE PRESIDENCY.

If "we" would be more interested in personal liberty and national sovereignty** than in electing specific people -- read that, PRINCIPLES OVER PERSONALITIES -- the People could fight their OWN multi-front war e.g.:

Bullshit charges of Anti-Semitism and Racism, excessive influence by Israel, BLATANT corruption including at Treasury, TOTAL bullshit at the Federal Reserve, domination by the military-industrial complex, high flying by Public Servants, rapacious taxation and squandering of revenues, and annihilation of Inalienable Rights.
**[In my estimation, you gotta nail down national sovereignty before state sovereignty is anything but a death wish or an engraved invitation to entangling alliances.]

cheapseats
12-31-2009, 11:41 PM
will never happen. the last thing in the world the israel lobby wants is for people to LEARN about this issue.

If it is the last thing that AIPAC wants, it is the FIRST thing the Resistance should do. It stands to Reason.

The only way to GET through this is to GO through this.

Doktor_Jeep was the first person I ever heard say BRING IT. Now HE struck me as a Pirate. Pirates featured in the forging of American Independence.

American Independence didn't happen by itself. THIS shit won't happen by itself, and no one is gonna shovel the shit for us. We do it, or we don't.

Matt Collins
12-31-2009, 11:50 PM
video is set to private. How do I watch it?

Liberty_Tree
01-01-2010, 12:03 AM
This video was pretty bad.

TheConstitutionLives
01-01-2010, 03:06 AM
No, Bennie Boy needs to debate Noam Chomsky on this issue! Paul doesn't have the oratorical skills to do it unfortunately.

ClayTrainor
01-01-2010, 03:38 AM
No, Bennie Boy needs to debate Noam Chomsky on this issue! Paul doesn't have the oratorical skills to do it unfortunately.

This has got to be some kind of bad joke...

TheConstitutionLives
01-01-2010, 03:54 AM
This has got to be some kind of bad joke...

No. Not a joke. Chomsky is no zionists. Paul isn't too hot in the debate arena. On the single issue of how our foreign policy causes anti-American sentiment Chomsky is one of the best. Chomsky isn't an animated speaker but he makes his points clearly and they can't be argued against. He has the popularity as well. Of course, the guy who wrote "Dying To Win", Robert Pape, would be the ultimate source on this but Stein would never accept that challenge b/c he'd have nothing to gain by it b/c no one would watch Stein debate a no-name.

YouTube - Re: Passenger Tried To Blow Up NW Airlines Flight From Amsterdam To Detroit- Attempted Terror Attack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXWDDg1qbcg&NR=1)

YouTube - Noam Chomsky Interview on CBC (Part 2 of 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bieFwutoqvA)

ClayTrainor
01-01-2010, 04:09 AM
I agree with you that Chomsky is absolutely awesome on foreign policy issues, and I am a big fan.

I do think Ron Paul could mop the floor with Stein, with absolute ease. :)

Bman
01-01-2010, 04:17 AM
No. Not a joke. Chomsky is no zionists. Paul isn't too hot in the debate arena. On the single issue of how our foreign policy causes anti-American sentiment Chomsky is one of the best. Chomsky isn't an animated speaker but he makes his points clearly and they can't be argued against. He has the popularity as well. Of course, the guy who wrote "Dying To Win", Robert Pape, would be the ultimate source on this but Stein would never accept that challenge b/c he'd have nothing to gain by it b/c no one would watch Stein debate a no-name.

Yeah but the people whose atteontion we are trying to get will instantly support Stein against Chomsky. We need someone with an R attached to their name to fight this battle.

TheConstitutionLives
01-01-2010, 04:23 AM
Yeah but the people whose atteontion we are trying to get will instantly support Stein against Chomsky. We need someone with an R attached to their name to fight this battle.

That's a good point. If Paul does do this then he better provide plenty of hard data to back up his argument otherwise it's merely his word against Stein's and the tv crowd will take Stein's word over Paul's b/c "Paul just hates America".

Bman
01-01-2010, 04:35 AM
That's a good point. If Paul does do this then he better provide plenty of hard data to back up his argument otherwise it's merely his word against Stein's and the tv crowd will take Stein's word over Paul's b/c "Paul just hates America".

Paul gives people too much of a chance to talk sometimes. He needs to bring the hammer and like you said bring plenty of hard data to beat over Stein's head.

TheConstitutionLives
01-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Since we're on the subject here's a Pape interview:

YouTube - Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tEsWRXV_BM)