PDA

View Full Version : Most Outrageous Media Quotes of 2009

Flash
12-30-2009, 08:05 PM
I won't post them all, but you can find the complete list here-- http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=35023

The Poison Tea Pot Award for Smearing the Anti-Obama Rabble Winner:
CNN analyst David Gergen: “Republicans are pretty much in disarray.... They have not yet come up with a compelling alternative, one that has gained popular recognition. So-"

Anchor Anderson Cooper: “Teabagging. They’ve got teabagging.”

Gergen: “Well, they’ve got the teabagging.... Republicans have got a way—they still haven’t found their voice, Anderson. They’re still—this happens to a minority party after it’s lost a couple of bad elections, but they’re searching for their voice.”
Cooper: “It’s hard to talk when you’re teabagging.”

-- CNN’s Anderson Cooper on “Anderson Cooper 360,” April 14. (“Teabagging” is a vulgar slang term for a certain variety of oral sex. Cooper later apologized.)

[b]Damn Those Conservatives Award Winner: “The Republicans lie! They want to see you dead! They’d rather make money off your dead corpse! They kind of like it when that woman has cancer and they don’t have anything for her.”—Ed Schultz, host of MSNBC’s “The Ed Show,” September 23.

Runners-Up"
“I don’t think that left to its own devices, capitalism moves along smoothly and everyone gets treated fairly in the process. Capitalism is like a child: if you want the child to grow up free and productive, somebody’s got to look over the shoulder of that child.”—PBS host Tavis Smiley in a Time magazine symposium on “The Future of Capitalism,” May 25 issue.

rawful
12-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Julie Banderas just a couple days ago -- "The PATRIOT Act is more vital than ever."

TheBlackPeterSchiff
12-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Bill O'Reilly to Judge Napolitano: "I don't care about the Constitution!"

ItsTime
12-30-2009, 08:55 PM

My all time fav.

andrewh817
12-30-2009, 09:23 PM
You could add pages to that list from Obama speeches.

Met Income
12-30-2009, 09:34 PM
"The system worked."

SimpleName
12-31-2009, 12:06 AM

I liked that one. It laid all the cards on the table. At least he showed his true colors.

Ricky201
12-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Obama's response to if the private sector could compete with a government run health care:

"They do it all the time, UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. ... It's the Post Office that's always having problems."

:rolleyes: