PDA

View Full Version : I turned in my 40th voter registration/change card!

thomas-in-ky
12-30-2009, 12:23 PM
I helped 40 people register/switch (republican) before Dec. 31st. 90% of these folks will vote, and I think all of them will vote for Rand! Plus there have been several that went to the courthouse on their own. If you have a family member that needs to switch, help them today!!!

I'm sure there's a special place in hell for me... for convincing independents to switch to Republican. :eek::eek::eek: It was harder to get these folks to switch than it was the democrats! :confused:

Between now and April 19th, we need to register people that have moved into the state, and all the new (not registered yet) voters we can find!

TCE
12-30-2009, 01:22 PM
I helped 40 people register/switch (republican) before Dec. 31st. 90% of these folks will vote, and I think all of them will vote for Rand! Plus there have been several that went to the courthouse on their own. If you have a family member that needs to switch, help them today!!!

I'm sure there's a special place in hell for me... for convincing independents to switch to Republican. :eek::eek::eek: It was harder to get these folks to switch than it was the democrats! :confused:

Between now and April 19th, we need to register people that have moved into the state, and all the new (not registered yet) voters we can find!

Props to you for all of your hard work!

amisspelledword
12-30-2009, 02:02 PM
WOW

great work!

erowe1
12-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Good job Thomas. Registering voters like you've done really helps. That was a major part of how Obama won Indiana.

TheTyke
12-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I know a guy who is offering a patriotic souvenir for whoever registers the most to vote for Rand. It's on the honor system and it sounds like you're a good candidate to win it. :)

Thanks for the fantastic work!

I only turned in 6 I think, and gave cards to a few more...

Cowlesy
12-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Serious round of applause!!

dannno
12-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Boots to the groundin!!

kathy88
12-30-2009, 04:01 PM
KUDOS. Well done!

erowe1
12-30-2009, 04:23 PM
I just smiled as I realized that I can't imagine anyone ever registering to vote just so they could vote for Trey Grayson.

thomas-in-ky
12-30-2009, 04:29 PM
I just smiled as I realized that I can't imagine anyone ever registering to vote just so they could vote for Trey Grayson.

and then try to imagine them switching ever so often to keep up with Trey's party affiliation. That would get old. :D

samforpaul
12-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Good job, Thomas. I hope it goes well in Vanceburg next Saturday. I sent out a few mailings there earlier this week encouraging attendance.

Captain Bryan
12-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Sorta off topic.
All you have to do to register Republican is turn in a voter registration card declaring yourself a Republican?
Is that free? Is that how it works in Minnesota? (I'm asking for 2012. I wanna get as many people to do the primaries as I can)

thomas-in-ky
12-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Sorta off topic.
All you have to do to register Republican is turn in a voter registration card declaring yourself a Republican?
Is that free? Is that how it works in Minnesota? (I'm asking for 2012. I wanna get as many people to do the primaries as I can)

That's how it works in KY. Yes, it's free. I don't have a clue how it works in Minnesota. My advice, read the laws on your state's website and follow them... don't go on hearsay.

Captain Bryan
12-30-2009, 10:19 PM
That's how it works in KY. Yes, it's free. I don't have a clue how it works in Minnesota. My advice, read the laws on your state's website and follow them... don't go on hearsay.

For some reason I thought you had to join the party, which I thought included a $20 donation. Perhaps that was a dream I had.
Getting people to register got a lot easier, I think.

thomas-in-ky
12-30-2009, 10:32 PM
For some reason I thought you had to join the party, which I thought included a $20 donation. Perhaps that was a dream I had.

sounds like an acorn scam. :)