PDA

View Full Version : Gallop: Clinton Edges Out Palin as Most Admired Woman

Liberty Star
12-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Despite her hot appeal, is fallout from Palin's pro racism comments keeping her from beating even someone as polarizing as unpopular Hillary Clinton?

In a new Gallup poll, 16 percent picked Hillary Clinton, left, as the woman they admire most -- Sarah Palin was the only other woman to be mentioned by at least 10 percent, getting selected by 15 percent of those surveyed.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/31058.html

catdd
12-30-2009, 09:06 AM
She hasn't brought out her secret weapon yet - the pom-poms.
But Hillary has been keeping her mouth shut and staying out of the press. You can't make mistakes that way.

Liberty Star
12-30-2009, 09:09 AM
She hasn't brought out her secret weapon yet - the pom-poms.

Not so sure LOL

http://fleetingmatters.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/mccain_sixpack_palin_cheerleader_stage1.jpg

Krugerrand
12-30-2009, 09:27 AM
What? No Kate Gosselin!:rolleyes:

Icymudpuppy
12-30-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm going with Martha Stewart.

Not only is she a great home-maker, she also cheated the IRS.

MelissaWV
12-30-2009, 09:51 AM
What is most depressing about that list is "Tiger Woods' wife" got 1% (which means roughly 10 people picked her as the woman they MOST admire).

The woman is pretty, married a golfer, and then allegedly beat the crap out of him for cheating on her. Yay domestic violence? :(

It's just celebrities and other BS that made the list, pretty much. I wonder if it was multiple choice.

Incidentally, the poll has more people admiring GW Bush than the Pope or Tiger Woods or Nelson Mandela. Something seems just an eensy bit screwy.

I don't really have a "man I admire most" or "woman I admire most." I'd probably mention someone entirely random just to throw off their poll, but I'm sure they discard outliers.

"Who do I admire most? Hmm. I'd have to say Jennifer Walsh of Omaha, Nebraska... and as for men... I'm going to have to say Mayor McCheese."