PDA

View Full Version : A Ron Paul Moment By Ben Stein

sharpsteve2003
12-30-2009, 05:38 AM
American Spectator
A few days ago, I was on Larry King Live on CNN. the topic was terrorism and specifically the Christmas Day aerial bombing effort by a self-described Al Qaeda agent of an airliner near Detroit.

One of the other guests was Rep. Ron Paul of Texas. He said, at least as I understood it -- and I could be mistaken -- that the real fault for this terror attack lies with the United States for provoking al Qaeda by "occupying their land" --this is a paraphrase. I expressed shock at this line of approach. Rep. Paul -- as I recall -- said again that the U.S. was causing these attacks by our being "occupiers."
Read More
http://spectator.org/archives/2009/12/30/a-ron-paul-moment

bobbyw24
12-30-2009, 05:42 AM
More of this piece:

I said this line was something like "the tired old anti-Semitic line." I said this because in my long experience, those who talk about the U.S. "occupying" Moslem lands soon go to criticism of the U.S. for helping Israel -- a line long associated with Rep. Paul, as I understand, and again, maybe I am misinformed -- and then to biting criticism of Israel and then to bitter comments about Jews generally.

I was about to add that I was sure that Rep. Paul was not going that far. But Rep. Paul became so upset that I could not get in a word.

So let me say right now that if Rep. Paul says he is not taking that line, and is not an anti-Semite, I believe him, good for him and I am happy to know him.

That is what I would have said if I had been allowed to talk. Happy New Year.

Derek Johnson
12-30-2009, 06:25 AM
That "apology" is amazing amazing.

purplechoe
12-30-2009, 06:28 AM
That "apology" is amazing amazing.

One zionist to another? :)

YouTube - Wolf Blitzer is a Zionist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-8aTGnjHnI)

and :)

YouTube - Wolf Blitzer's Epic Fail on Jeopardy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD5lbUwpbC8)

kathy88
12-30-2009, 06:45 AM
He must've got an assload of email over that to make an "apology." Good work all.

YumYum
12-30-2009, 08:24 AM
That is quite an impressive apology coming from a shlump. His wife is a vildechi klippa; she must have raised enough hell with him till he agreed to do it.

Bruno
12-30-2009, 08:38 AM
"I was about to add that I was sure that Rep. Paul was not going that far. But Rep. Paul became so upset that I could not get in a word. "

FAIL. Nice try, Ben. You got in plenty of words after that. But none of them were an apology or explanation of your position.

catdd
12-30-2009, 08:44 AM
"FAIL. Nice try, Ben. You got in plenty of words after that. But none of them were an apology or explanation of your position."

Yeah, he spoke a few hundred words afterwords without even asking RP to give him a chance to clarify. lies lies lies lies lies lies

Danke
12-30-2009, 09:10 AM
What a liar. But to anyone who did not watch the program, he makes RP look worse. As if RP behaved badly.

ClayTrainor
12-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Apology not accepted.

Liberty Star
12-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Ben Stain should also apologize to civilians of other races in Iraq and Gaza.

lester1/2jr
12-30-2009, 10:43 AM
"to criticism of the U.S. for helping Israel"

that's not anti semetic. it would not be okay to call someone who is against the us helping israel that name

Bruno
12-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Nonapology not accepted.

fixed

Anti Federalist
12-30-2009, 11:12 AM
fixed

Yah, that^^^

Cowlesy
12-30-2009, 11:15 AM
That's pretty much what I expected him to say.

Dianne
12-30-2009, 11:15 AM
What the heck is a vildechi klippa

lester1/2jr
12-30-2009, 11:18 AM
yeah I am not so into the israel thing that I know hebrew or yiddish words. one guy at this site I went to used to say "the queen (of england) is a shabbas goy!" I liked that. it's a goyim who gets things for a jew on the sabbath or something

Chester Copperpot
12-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Ben Stain should also apologize to civilians of other races in Iraq and Gaza.

Yeah, if Ben Stein hates Iraqis then he is an anti-semite!

Freedom 4 all
12-30-2009, 11:37 AM
I said this line was something like "the tired old anti-Semitic line." I said this because in my long experience, those who talk about the U.S. "occupying" Moslem lands soon go to criticism of the U.S. for helping Israel -- a line long associated with Rep. Paul, as I understand, and again, maybe I am misinformed -- and then to biting criticism of Israel and then to bitter comments about Jews generally.

So if I understand this correctly he's saying that if you don't want to go occupy Muslim lands and kill Muslims you're a racist Jew hating anti-semite and by extention the next Hitler, a line long associated with Stein. Perhaps I am "misinformed" but that sure as hell seems to be what he's saying.

sharpsteve2003
12-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Great comment being left for Ben on his article.