PDA

View Full Version : Did CNN/Larry King stage Ron Paul vs BS confrontation?

Liberty Star
12-30-2009, 12:50 AM
I caught flash on TV live last night, Ben Stain's absurd tantrum was totally out of the blue and had nothing to do with the arguments being made. When something like this happens, host generally jumps in and corrects the wrong doing. But Larry King just kept laughing with a smirk on his face. Did Larry King producers planned this ambush on Ron Paul for not towing the neocons line on foreign interventions etc?

Reason
12-30-2009, 12:53 AM
doubtful

Kotin
12-30-2009, 12:54 AM
nope.

Liberty Star
12-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Then why Larry King said nothing amd kept smiling?

He's not an obtuse man.

AmericaFyeah92
12-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Ben Stein was drowning everyone out but Larry did try meekly to cut him off a few times. It was shameful how he didn't allow RP time to respond though

Liberty Star
12-30-2009, 12:58 AM
Ben Stein was drowning everyone out but Larry did try meekly to cut him off a few times. It was shameful how he didn't allow RP time to respond though

No he did not, he only let Sheila Jackson "referee" in the end and said nothing besides smiling throughout. That's very strange conduct for a host of an MSM TV show like this.

TheConstitutionLives
12-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Did Larry King producers planned this ambush on Ron Paul for not towing the neocons line on foreign interventions etc?

- No, the lizard people planned the whole thing. It's been in the works for over a hundred years. :rolleyes:

TheConstitutionLives
12-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Then why Larry King said nothing amd kept smiling?

- B/c it was exciting television maybe?

Liberty Star
12-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Yea shock an awe makes good TV, you got a point there.

angelatc
12-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Republican v Republican. That thar's good tv.

Liberty Star
12-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Republican v Republican. That thar's good tv.

Small gov Republican vs Neocon you meant to say?

cindy25
12-30-2009, 04:33 AM
news channels should have people of opposing views; no one wants a debate among 2 neo-cons (or 2 libertarians)

devil21
12-30-2009, 05:18 AM
I don't know if it was staged but I still wonder what the point of having Ben Stein in on the segment was, if not to be the crier of "anti-semite!!11!1" when RP inevitably brought up the principles of blowback and why terrorism exists.

Other than that, he offered nothing to the segment at all.

kombayn
12-30-2009, 05:19 AM
No, Ben Stein just made an outlandish claim. Though, it's interesting to see the reactions out of others.

Liberty Star
12-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Good points.

Liberty Star
12-30-2009, 08:24 PM
I don't know if it was staged but I still wonder what the point of having Ben Stein in on the segment was, if not to be the crier of "anti-semite!!11!1" when RP inevitably brought up the principles of blowback and why terrorism exists.

Other than that, he offered nothing to the segment at all.

There is room for doubt, but all this is odd. If RP had out of nowhere had called BS foreign agent disloyal to America, CNN probably would have made a big deal of it.

Matt Collins
12-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Well the problem was that with satellite delay it made the flow of the conversation a bit tough. Then LK didn't actually do his job as the host or moderator. Perhaps Larry knew that these two would get into it and wanted to make Republicans look bad. He even said "here we have two Republicans going at it".

But it just highlights the split within the Party - big government Republicans vs limited government Republicans.

Liberty Star
12-31-2009, 03:38 PM
If pro interventions, pro abortion, pro gay marriage, pro racial mixing neocons are now part of Republican party, I guess this could be seen as a "split".
I see it more like a temporary, opportunist deviation by Republican party though, neocons are natural allies of Dem party.

Epic
12-31-2009, 03:41 PM
When David Frum leaves the "right", that's when I'll join it...

the LittleGreenFascists guy and Leftist Andrew Sullivan have left the "right", so we're getting close.

Once the big-government neocons close up shop and go back to the left, we'll be fine.

Liberty Star
12-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Frum is human garbage, I did not know he was "right". But stranger things have been happening lately in our politics.

Flash
12-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Frum is human garbage, I did not know he was "right". But stranger things have been happening lately in our politics.

Funny thing is- Frum is hated by Mark Levin and other mainstream Republican radio hosts for being too left-leaning.

paulitics
12-31-2009, 04:36 PM
I don't think so at all. Larry King and Ron Paul have a pretty good reationship going on. He is often on to get a libertarian perspective on such things as the war on drugs, etc. Most the time, Ron Paul comes out looking great, and Larry King remains respectful.

Larry King, although far from perfect, is one of the more straight forward guys on CNN, and about the only show worth watching.

He sucks at mediating, but it great at interviewing. He let it get kind of Jerry Springer, but perhaps this was for ratings. Can't blame him.

TortoiseDream
12-31-2009, 04:44 PM
ben stein is just a douche. it's that simple.