PDA

View Full Version : DC - Capitol building in "lockdown" over "man with gun" reports

Anti Federalist
12-29-2009, 09:26 PM
This is too funny...everybody hut hutting around and scared shitless.

Source: 'False' report led to Capitol lockdown

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/1209/Capitol_lockdown_Report_of_person_with_a_gun.html

UPDATE 2: A false report of a man wielding a machine gun near the Capitol led to a nearly one-hour lockdown of the sparsely populated complex on Tuesday afternoon, a highly placed law enforcement source tells POLITICO.

The incident, which took place at around 3:25 p.m., began when a bus driver got in an argument with a rider and kicked him off a bus.

A cell phone caller from inside the bus said the driver had a gun, the police source said. Metro Transit police then boarded the bus with assault rifles to clear it at the corner of Third Street S.W. and Independence Avenue.

In what amounted to a dangerous game of phone tag, yet another caller stated that a black male was on the bus with an M16 rifle — an apparent reference to the police responding to the initial call.

At about 4:15 officers from all the responding agencies figured out what was going on and declared the situation "stabilized," sending out an "all clear" e-mail to staffers who had been confined to their offices on an otherwise sleepy Christmas recess Tuesday.

UPDATE 1: Capitol Police have given the all clear after locking down the Capitol complex following a report of a man with a gun. The individual in question was reportedly an undercover officer with a valid carry permit who was approaching the Capitol, POLITICO's Lisa Lerer reports.

FIRST POST: Hill staffers are in lockdown after Capitol Police issued a report of a person with a gun.

The e-mail:

Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:24 PM
To: All House Staff
Subject: Capitol Hill Complex Lock Down

December 29, 2009
1523 hours

A lock down has been intiated for all buildings in the Capitol Complex due to the investigation of a man with a gun.

h/t Mike Allen

devil21
12-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Good. They might want to get used to it if they keep this shit up.

cheapseats
12-29-2009, 09:32 PM
This is too funny...everybody hut hutting around and scared shitless.

Do They or do They not invade our space with threats of force, sneering WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO BE AFRAID OF?

Come out, come out, wherever you're HIDING LIKE GIRLS. Lead by example. SHOW US how we don't have to be afraid for our safety. SHOW US how you can kick it on the street like the rest of us.

Failing that, OFFICIALS HAVE NO GROUND -- NONE WHATSOEVER -- TO STAND ON IN THEIR CONTINUOS INFRINGEMENT ON SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS, BORN OF INALIENABLE RIGHTS.

Anti Federalist
12-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Good. They might want to get used to it if they keep this shit up.

I was thinking the same thing.

Good grief, and we're concerned about these people and the power they have?

A bunch of Millies who piss their collective pants if someone cuts a loud fart?

Home of the brave, my aching fucking ass. :mad:

cheapseats
12-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Home of the brave, my aching fucking ass. :mad:

Land of the Fee, home of the Knave.

revolutionary8
12-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks Anti-Fed and woof to Jeffey...

I wonder if this guy's "cover" will be blown, I'm sure there are plenty of witnesses- and if so, GOA should send him a formal invite. :D