PDA

View Full Version : To project "strength", Obama kept vacationing/golfing as air terror plot unfolded

Liberty Star
12-29-2009, 09:23 PM
For two days while many Americans' Christmas joy spirit was overshadowed by scare of unfolding botched air terror drama, Obama kept golfing and vacationing in Hawaii to not look "weak". During this time, Americans flying back home were told not to have blankets in their laps or pee during last hour of flight and keep their hands where they are visisble, all that also led to lavatory lines getting longer and longer on flights. Those speaking on behalf of Obama did not inspire much confidence as they made confusing "system worked", "it's Bush's fault" suggestions.

Question arises, after authorizing bombings in Yemen and escalation of war in Afghanistan, shouldn't Obama and his handlers have considered hightened blowback risks and reviewed all security measures put in place by Bush administration before heading to vacations?

Obama may have brown skin, but that alone is not enough to make America safe as long as Obama keeps going on Bush's track. A lot more stringent security measures/personal liberty sacrifices are needed as long as we are on path to spread freedoms in foreign lands.

But to be fair, Obama is not totally insensitive when others are in anguish:

Obama friend's child injured, golf interrupted

By MARK NIESSE
Associated Press Writer

updated 2:58 a.m. ET Dec. 29, 2009

KAILUA, Hawaii - President Barack Obama abruptly ended his golf outing and sped in his motorcade to his compound Monday after he learned a friend's child was injured while playing on the beach.

Members of the first family were fine, a White House official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of a reluctance to discuss personal matters involving the president.

The injury to a child belonging to Eric and Cheryl Whitaker, friends of the Obamas, was described as relatively minor and that the child did not require stitches...

The president was playing golf with friends from Chicago who joined him on his holiday vacation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34613704/ns/us_news/

RM918
12-29-2009, 10:27 PM
That people care about meaningless platitudes like 'projecting strength', 'leadership' and 'honor' without regard to the realities surrounding us is nothing but hubris of the most odious caliber, arrogance that I doubt can be brushed away by any kind of reason. Shit like bitching about bowing to foreign leaders or whether or not to keep reading a book to a kindergarten class during an attack is simply systematic of people pushing all their insecurities onto the president of the united states, as if the mere position granted him godlike powers that demanded the respect of every human being on the planet to become so enraged when that respect wasn't given. It is simply ridiculous and rather silly.

I couldn't care less if Obama flew to North Korea on the 4th of every month and asked Kim Jong-il to piss on his head, so long as he was doing a good job.

revolutionary8
12-29-2009, 10:41 PM
My Pet Goat V.2

RM918:
You lost me. That was the strangest set of talking points I have ever read.
Interesting take.
What's your point? lol

Liberty Star
12-29-2009, 10:44 PM
RM918, very well put, "image" building prefessionals have taken over it seems. Our elected officials are our servants the way I see it. I had more thoughts but after reading last line of your post, I lost track LOL

Liberty Star
12-29-2009, 10:49 PM
My Pet Goat V.2

Is that the book Bush used to read?

Bush tried to project "strength" in the face of Katrina by attending a birthday party, same dems who were all over him are quiet now.

revolutionary8
12-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Is that the book Bush used to read?

Bush tried to project "strength" in the face of Katrina by attending a birthday party, same dems who were all over him are quiet now.

I am not sure what you are talking about re the b'day partry, but the same Dems who bashed Bush over My Pet Goat will be silent. Just hide and watch. Of course the Republicans will come out swinging, even if they did issue a pass for MY PET GOAT. Then there are people like Ron Paul. I will wait and see who in RP's camp "anti-war" will come out clean on both sides- ie. Dennis K, etc.

YouTube - Bush's Seven Minutes of Silence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WztB6HzXxI)

This is actually a good political opportunity for the grassroots= both the hardcore paleo libs, AND the paleo Conservatives who criss cross on the anti-war issue.
I see it as a great potential, or another reason for more tyranny. It will be up to the people to decide.

Liberty Star
12-29-2009, 11:08 PM
I am not sure what you are talking about re the b'day partry, but the same Dems who bashed Bush over My Pet Goat will be silent. Just hide and watch. Of course the Republicans will come out swinging, even if they did issue a pass for MY PET GOAT. Then there are people like Ron Paul. I will wait and see who in RP's camp "anti-war" will come out clean on both sides- ie. Dennis K, etc.

YouTube - Bush's Seven Minutes of Silence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WztB6HzXxI)

If you thought I'll be defending either of the two parties in a partisan argument, you'll be disappointed. Dennis K went after Obama policies few days ago, him and RP are probably the only two honest politicians I know in current Congress.

But you're putting me in uncomfortable position of defending Bush if you're trying to deflect attenetion from Obama's competence (or lack of it) by putting in question Bush's competence. Bush was a "dumbo" and Obama is the gifted gift from heavens, there is no excuse from him to go on golfing after ordering bombing in a foreign country without reviewing security measures put in place by Bush, or is there?

revolutionary8
12-29-2009, 11:12 PM
If you thought I'll be defending either of the two parties in a partisan argument, you'll be disappointed. Dennis K went after Obama policies few days ago, him and RP are probably the only two honest politicians I know in current Congress.

But you're putting me in uncomfortable position of defending Bush if you're trying to deflect attenetion from Obama's competence (or lack of it) by putting in question Bush's competence. Bush was a "dumbo" and Obama is the gifted gift from heavens, there is no excuse from him to go on golfing after ordering bombing in a foreign country without reviewing security measures put in place by Bush, or is there?

Oh, no SO SORRY Libety Star, don't EVER take anything I say personally, esp. in this circumstance. I was not talking to you directly, just pointing out the conundrum certain "politicians" (NOT YOU) would be in if they tried to pick a side. I understand that you are here and active, but it is THEY who represent us, so I tend to hold them to a higher standard. NOT saying you aren't a fine person, just saying I don't know you from a hole in my head. :D

I think you might have proven my point to a cerain degree. :D Thanks. :)

Liberty Star
12-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Don't worry, I don't, I was only bashing politicians of both parties :) I doubt we disagree on these issues.

revolutionary8
12-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Don't worry, I don't, I was only bashing politicians of both parties :) I doubt we disagree on these issues.

Ron Paul: Congress 'drinks a lot of alcohol' but won't legalize pot

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Ron_Paul_Stephen_Baldwin_debate_marijuana_0314.htm l

Liberty Star
12-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Obama: U.S. Intel Had Info Ahead of Airliner Attack

President Obama said Tuesday that a "systemic failure" on multiple levels allowed a passenger armed with explosives to board a Detroit-bound flight last week.

The U.S. government had intelligence from Yemen before Christmas that leaders of a branch of Al Qaeda there were talking about "a Nigerian" being prepared for a terrorist attack, the New York Times reported Tuesday. The newspaper said the information did not include the name of the Nigerian.

A senior official told the Times that President Obama was told in a private meeting Tuesday while vacationing in Hawaii that the government had a variety of information in its possession before the thwarted bombing on a Detroit-bound flight last week that would have been a clear warning sign had it been shared among intelligence agencies.

This admission makes the question even more poiyeenyant ( or however it is spelled), what was Obama doing golfing after receiving this information?

ChooseLiberty
12-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Maybe Obama is a puppet and knew it was staged.

Nah, that couldn't be. He's da Prezident of the USA.

"We'll get them terraists. Watch this drive!"

Liberty Star
12-29-2009, 11:29 PM
That would be a good logical explanation for his projected indifference if that's true.

revolutionary8
12-29-2009, 11:45 PM
nm

ChooseLiberty
12-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Did Obama say something like this?

YouTube - "Watch this drive" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WMnI6kGXOQ)

Hmmm. WTF is going on? The puppet in chief doesn't seem to be taking terraism seriously.

revolutionary8
12-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Did Obama say something like this?

YouTube - "Watch this drive" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WMnI6kGXOQ)

Hmmm. WTF is going on? The puppet in chief doesn't seem to be taking terraism seriously.

He is such a fuckin' "village idiot" that deserves to be in a bloody jail for WAR CRIMES!!!! God I miss that! I want the village idiot back!
I SWAR TO GAWD I WOULD HAVE BET MY MOTHERS SOUL 8 YEARS AGO THAT I WOULD HAVE NEVER SPOKEN THOSE WORDS.
:o
Let this be a lesson...
Never Say Never.

God Help Us All.

LittleLightShining
12-30-2009, 05:26 AM
This admission makes the question even more poiyeenyant ( or however it is spelled), what was Obama doing golfing after receiving this information?It's poignant :)

Liberty Star
12-30-2009, 08:48 AM
It's poignant :)

Keller1967
12-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Why wouldn't he? First of all, the whole event was probably planned.

Second of all, Obama is just a puppet, a cheerleader, a front man for a metal band that lip syncs. He isn't really needed for anything other than PR stuff.

So as usual, let the pre planned terror play out, and Obama will show up as the smoke starts clearing to sooth the masses and lead them back into the direction of slavery.

MelissaWV
12-30-2009, 10:05 AM
I am fairly sure Obama doesn't have to watch some grubby TSA flunkie take his wife aside and give her a pat-down for weapons (they should check in her hair... seriously) when he flies, so why should he care, really?