PDA

View Full Version : John Dennis vs. Nancy Pelosi | CAN A LIBERTY CANDIDATE WIN

donkefant
12-29-2009, 07:20 PM
YouTube - John Dennis | Mad as Hell Money Bomb | Jan 7th 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wCtPf0bIIM)

Will you support John Dennis in his quest to defeat Nancy Pelosi? He is having a money bomb on Jan 7th 2010:

http://www.johndennis2010.com/

Morgan Brykein
12-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Who knows? Maybe more people in the heavily Democratic CA-8 believe in smaller government than we might think.

donkefant
12-29-2009, 07:42 PM
I hope so!... Ill be donating for sure.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Who knows? Maybe more people in the heavily Democratic CA-8 believe in smaller government than we might think.

Justin Raimondo ran and only got like 12%. Think about this for a second....Raimondo is about as pro-liberty as you can get (Voluntaryist), and is gay and is the most anti-war person in this country.....we're talking San Fran here. Nancy Pelosi is unbeatable.

Morgan Brykein
12-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Justin Raimondo ran and only got like 12%. Think about this for a second....Raimondo is about as pro-liberty as you can get (Voluntaryist), and is gay and is the most anti-war person in this country.....we're talking San Fran here. Nancy Pelosi is unbeatable.

I know, sometimes I forget that I'm a cynic.

cheapseats
12-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Nancy Pelosi is unbeatable.

I don't buy that, I really don't.

The woman's first act as Speaker of the House was to throw an EXTRAVAGANT party. Her next was to exempt her Mega Donor Starkist Tuna from the minimum wage hike she enjoined upon others. It's been not straight but nevertheless strictly downhill since then.

I sense that if Grassroots Organizations such as C4L would spend more time trying to UNSEAT people and less time trying to PLACE people, we'd be a lot more effective. Divisions among the people are worsening, not lessening. If each sub-division is married to their own candidates, we're fucked.

It is not NEARLY as difficult to identify a Suitable Replacement as it is to dislodge an Entrenched Incumbent.

You'd think sustained outrage would emanate from a comparatively sophisticated People who are being screwed over right, left and center. But it doesn't. We are LOUSY with short attention spans, to be sure, but people are also A.) workin' more than full-time just to keep their little noses above water and B.) understandably afraid of Heavy Handed Force.

Still, if ANY Eject Button oughtta be viable to hit, I'm thinking it's Speaker of the House. I sense that the Queen of Cosmetic Surgery might could be RIDICULED into retiring -- y'know, to spend more time with the Rich Husband, I mean, Family.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-29-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't buy that, I really don't.

The woman's first act as Speaker of the House was to throw an EXTRAVAGANT party. Her next was to exempt her Mega Donor Starkist Tuna from the minimum wage hike she enjoined upon others. It's been not straight but nevertheless strictly downhill since then.

I sense that if Grassroots Organizations such as C4L would spend more time trying to UNSEAT people and less time trying to PLACE people, we'd be a lot more effective. Divisions among the people are worsening, not lessening. If each sub-division is married to their own candidates, we're fucked.

It is not NEARLY as difficult to identify a Suitable Replacement as it is to dislodge an Entrenched Incumbent.

You'd think sustained outrage would emanate from a comparatively sophisticated People who are being screwed over right, left and center. But it doesn't. We are LOUSY with short attention spans, to be sure, but people are also A.) workin' more than full-time just to keep their little noses above water and B.) understandably afraid of Heavy Handed Force.

Still, if ANY Eject Button oughtta be viable to hit, I'm thinking it's Speaker of the House. I sense that the Queen of Cosmetic Surgery might could be RIDICULED into retiring -- y'know, to spend more time with the Rich Husband, I mean, Family.

You don't understand....literally the best candidate that we can ever hope to run against Nancy Pelosi....Justin Raimondo only got 12%! 12%......

cheapseats
12-29-2009, 10:29 PM
....literally the best candidate that we can ever hope to run against Nancy Pelosi....Justin Raimondo only got 12%! 12%......

C'mon.

TCE
12-29-2009, 10:32 PM
You don't understand....literally the best candidate that we can ever hope to run against Nancy Pelosi....Justin Raimondo only got 12%! 12%......

John Dennis is going to raise and spend far more than Raimondo did. It is going to be a great year for Republicans, and wasn't as good in 1996 when Raimondo ran, and he has built a nice Republican base in San Francisco. He won't win, but he should turn some people on to libertarianism and freedom, which is a win in my book.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-29-2009, 10:45 PM
C'mon.

Lets see....one of the most anti-war person in this country, in a heavily anti-war district. Is gay, in an openly gay leaning district. Ran against Pelosi right after she voted for Kosovo. Ran 2 years after the huge Republican upswing. Is more libertarian than Dennis. Was an activist for decades before he ran...Need I go on?

I'll be surprised if Dennis gets 25% of the vote. Hell I'll be surprised if he gets 15-20%.

Working Poor
12-30-2009, 06:00 AM
This is the one candidate that I have donated to and I write about him all over the internet. I have very limited funds and I had to think really hard on which candidate I want to donate to there are several really good guys running. I see that getting her out would change a lot in congress so that is why I donated to John.

tangent4ronpaul
12-30-2009, 06:23 AM
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?fa=News.View&News_id=c371ff3b-a8f0-4b8d-a24c-0d0df1a0a047&Label_id=&Year=&Month=

Fancy Nancy
by Mike Buckabee

Here's a story about a lady named Nancy
A ruthless politician, but dressed very fancy
Very ambitious, she got herself elected Speaker
But as for keeping secrets, she proved quite a "leaker."

She flies on government planes coast to coast
And doesn't mind that our economy is toast
She makes the Air Force squire her in their military jets
There's room for her family, her staff, and even her pets.

Until now, she annoyed us, but her gaffes were mostly funny;
Even though it was painful to watch her waste our tax money.
But now her wacky comments are no laughing matter;
She's either unwilling to tell the truth, or she's mad as a hatter!

She sat in briefings and knew about enhanced interrogation;
But claims she wasn't there, and can't give an explanation.
She disparages the CIA and says they are a bunch of liars;
Even the press aren't buying it and they're stoking their fires.

I think Speaker Pelosi has done too much speaking;
And instead of her trashing our intelligence officials, it's her nose that needs tweaking.

If forced to believe whether the CIA and her colleagues in Congress are lying;
Or it's Speaker Pelosi whose credibility and career is dying.
I believe in the integrity of the men and women who sacrifice to keep us safe;
Not the woman who has been caught flat-footed, lying to our face.

I say it here and I say it rather clear-
It's time for Nancy Pelosi to resign and get out of here.

TheEvilDetector
12-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Challenge incumbents in all 435+100 places (except Ron Paul's and other like minded people) RELENTLESSLY and the machine will begin to crack.

Keep it up, and it will begin paying off. Nothing works better than an energised bunch of people with a clear goal and a clear conscience.

Btw this candidate sounds like a well spoken, calm and collected pro-liberty intellectual, just perfect :)

tangent4ronpaul
12-30-2009, 07:23 AM
http://www.aging.ca.gov/stats/images/CAmap01.gif

In California, the elderly population is expected to grow more than twice as fast as the total population and this growth will vary by region. The maps show the percentage increases for the elderly (age 60 and over) and the oldest old (age 85 and over) populations from 1990 to 2020 for all 58 counties in California.

86 and over:

http://www.aging.ca.gov/stats/images/CAmap02.gif

Does anyone know what counties, besides San Fran are in Pelosi's district?

There are 6.4 Million Seniors (60+) in California out of a population of 36.7 Million, or in round numbers about 1:6 or in the 17-20% neighborhood.

You can bet those that are 40-59yo's have been watching the Medicare issue closely too!

There is also a rather huge immigrant population that is going to be very interested in Medicaid.

About 25% of those that oppose the Health Care Plan are on the left. Most want single payer and are not happy with the corporate welfare, business as usual.

Congresses current approval rqating is 21%
Country is on wrong track: 55%

Nov 19 2009:
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/congressional_favorability_ratings
"Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi remains the most well-known and least-liked leading official, with 33% who view the Democrat favorably and 57% who view her unfavorably.

Pelosi’s ratings have remained remarkably stable after August, when the percentage of voters who viewed her unfavorably reached a high of 64%. Since Congress returned in February, Pelosi’s favorable ratings have ranged from 30% to 36% while her unfavorable ratings ranged from 55% to 64%. "

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126100346902694549.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
"The Journal/NBC survey found Ms. Pelosi's presence on the campaign trail could do more harm than good. Fifty-two percent said they would be less likely to vote for a candidate who agreed with the speaker almost all the time, compared with 42% who felt that way about candidates siding with Republican leaders."

-t

TheEvilDetector
12-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Pay to have the bullshit she spouts aired on TV and discredit her based on her own words. Some of the Oldies will get it.

donkefant
12-30-2009, 12:07 PM
YouTube - John Dennis on Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jScvZ2zt3C8&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-2-HM)

Brian4Liberty
01-05-2010, 05:16 PM
From the John Dennis campaign website:

http://www.johndennis2010.com/issues/federal-reserve

"For generations few Americans felt it necessary to understand what it is that the Federal Reserve does. But when the Federal Reserve made this and last year's bailouts possible, in spite of the overwhelming public demand against doing so, people wanted to know more about this secretive institution. Now more Americans are learning each day how the Federal Reserve, the current U.S. version of a central bank, works and why it's time to rethink our monetary system.

Between the hidden inflation tax (loss of purchasing power) and the continuous loss of savings via the boom-bust cycle, all central banks destroy wealth. But given the dollar's status as the world reserve currency, the Federal Reserve has unprecedented capability to wreak havoc on a global scale.

The inflation tax results from the act of creating money out of thin air, an authority reserved for the Fed, which is not unlike counterfeiting. Every time a new dollar is created it reduces the value of all other dollars in existence - the dollars in your pocket, bank accounts, retirement accounts, etc. The inflation tax benefits certain groups above others, i.e. those closest to the Federal government and the banking industry. But the cruelest blow of the inflation tax is dealt to those with the least economic power - the poor. Rising prices caused by an ever-inflating money supply robs the poor of the little they have.

Since the Fed was created in 1913, the dollar has lost 96% of its value. Yet the Fed is responsible for containing inflation.

The boom-bust cycle is the result of the Federal Reserve setting interest rates. As free market economists have taught, interest rates cannot be set based on the whim of a committee or person. Interest rates are prices, and they are meaningful, critical signals to the business community directing where resources should be allocated. When interest rates are arbitrarily set, usually too low, the business community responds with unsustainable production - the boom. The unwinding of the boom, the bust, is the inevitable result of overproduction.

At the very least, we should know what the Fed is doing to our money. I support H.R. 1207, The Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009, which would allow, remarkably, the first full audit of the Fed.

We must know what the Fed is doing, what deals it makes with private bankers, what deals it makes with foreign central banks and what it is doing in our markets via the Federal Open Market Committee.

By taking this simple, reasonable step we can begin moving toward a more stable economy and maybe even guarantee that a dollar today is worth a dollar tomorrow.

Ultimately, I support a free market in money, which would mean ending the Federal Reserve."

catdd
01-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Play this for them -

YouTube - ron paul: nancy pelosi pulled iran bill on orders of israel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWLBhgTQ46o)