PDA

View Full Version : Adam makes impression on my family

USA2012DIVA
12-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Letter from my heart at home:

It's not always easy to make a first good impression but Adam did with ease of who he is, what he stands for and his respectful manner. My husband and I differ politically in many ways. My mom and her husband have their roots in their own political beliefs and are both very opinionated. My daughter, well she tries not to care being a teen and all, but she does!

Sunday, when Adam & Baloo (his very handsome dog) stopped by, my family got to meet the man that I stand behind on constitutional & human rights issues, as well as many political views. I was pleased with how well that hour went. My husband actually stopped and listened, my mom agreed with much of what Adam shared, and Bill (moms husband) for the first time since I have known him sat quietly & listened. My 17 year old daughter also stayed in the kitchen with us and listened to every word Adam spoke! When Adam left, my husband said, "Wow, he is a nice guy and smart too. I like what he had to say," and he understood a little more why I am the National Volunteer Coordinator for the Kokesh for Congress campagin, even though I live in California. My mom and her husband Bill, also get it!

My mom said "I like him real well!Now I get why you are a volunteer." My daughter heard Adam speak the words that I have tried to share with her on the importance of honoring our US Consititution and the importance standing up for our rights. Bill must have had some idea that Adam was going to show up in a suit or something because when he left, Bill added, "I like that he showed up in boots, jeans and a ball cap! Down to earth real guy with a purpose!

Thanks Adam, you just found a few more supporters!
Karen:o

p.s. I believe Adam has a purpose that will serve this country and all Americans. If you don't know who he is, I encourage you to find out. Go to www.kokeshforcongress.com and read all about him, wathh his videos, follow him on Twitter, Facebook and MySpace.

If you are looking to volunteer (no matter what part of the country you are in) please email me at Volunteers@KokeshForCongress.com

Travlyr
12-29-2009, 04:38 PM
"... and smart too."

malkusm
12-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks for sharing!

ColoradoRebel
01-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm with you Karen! I feel that Adam is a VERY genuine person, who is fortunate enough to "get it".
On a side note, I had a conversation earlier today talking about people who don't "get it" and the main difference is that those people are simply un-educated. But people are waking up!!!! I love it, that's why I volunteer also!

Kotin
01-03-2010, 09:25 PM
this much is true.. he will make a hell of a congressman.

awsharp
01-04-2010, 01:41 AM
AWESOME post, and I can attest that this sort of stuff happens all the time on the campaign trail.

He is the front-runner (http://washingtonindependent.com/71424/anti-war-activist-mounts-gop-campaign-for-congress) for a reason!