PDA

View Full Version : Is Harvard now Located in Kentucky?

RonPaulFanInGA
12-28-2009, 11:24 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/30j629x.jpg

TCE
12-28-2009, 11:29 PM
He seriously is running an ad in Kentucky that suggests using Alternative Energy Sources? Right, because coal isn't important to Kentucky's economy or anything. After reading that, he could very possibly support Cap-and-Trade. We need alternative energy sources because global warming is real, right Trey?

Matt Collins
12-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Who put this together?

Kotin
12-28-2009, 11:56 PM
says it was paid for by the eastern kentucky university college republicans..

Imperial
12-28-2009, 11:57 PM
He seriously is running an ad in Kentucky that suggests using Alternative Energy Sources? Right, because coal isn't important to Kentucky's economy or anything. After reading that, he could very possibly support Cap-and-Trade. We need alternative energy sources because global warming is real, right Trey?

Clean coal is sometimes considered alternative energy.

Also, the only nuclear enrichment facility in the US is located in Paducah, Kentucky.

TCE
12-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Clean coal is sometimes considered alternative energy.

Also, the only nuclear enrichment facility in the US is located in Paducah, Kentucky.

All Republicans whom I've seen refer to nuclear outright. I have never heard any Republican refer to "alternative energy sources." Clean coal costs money for the coal mines to install the equipment necessary, so I'm not seeing how Kentuckians would be excited about that.

Thargok
12-29-2009, 01:16 AM
Stuart Warren, a former intern in Grayson's Office is likely who made the advertisement for that event. He is typically the guy who makes the advertisements for the EKU Republicans.

It's actually pretty funny considering that Rand only had a small 8.5x11 which was mostly white, while this thing came in at at least 11x14 and has the implied subtitle "Big Brother is Watching"

Since we are on the topic these are my counts for the two EKU Events:

Rand Paul - 127 people crammed into a small room with only standing space.
Trey Grayson - 53 people in a massive lecture hall with at least 200 open seats.

It is likely that both events missed between 8-10 people attending due to students coming in and out as schedules permitted.

amisspelledword
12-29-2009, 02:03 AM
he got his JD from UKLaw according to wikipedia

0zzy
12-29-2009, 02:24 AM
he got his JD from UKLaw according to wikipedia

but got his undergraduate at Harvard, majoring in what was it, political science or government or something?

he kinda just planned on being a career politician it would seem.

thomas-in-ky
12-29-2009, 06:59 AM

There's at least one more facility in Piketon, OH.

MelissaWV
12-29-2009, 07:44 AM
It didn't say "exclusively in Kentucky." This is splitting hairs, and there are such bigger fish to fry.

thomas-in-ky
12-29-2009, 09:41 AM
The whole 5th generation KY thing is not going to carry T.G. to the finish line. Let them play the xenophobia card - I don't think it gets as much traction as they think it does.

By the same token, bashing alternative energy doesn't do any good. We don't need to pander to the coal lobby - let free markets do their thing.

amisspelledword
12-29-2009, 10:43 AM
during mcconnell's campaign (not a primary mind you) we got lots of mail ads about how his opponent bruce lunsford wasnt really a kentuckian because he had tons of homes in states other than ky. mcconnell tried to make it look like he was never even in ky (could be true, who knows). i remember one ad that even had a cartoon sombrero drawn on him (i dont think he had a home in mexico though). i supported mcconnell but found those ads ridiculous. i guess its something to focus on if you arent sure about issues...

HarryBrowneLives
12-29-2009, 12:50 PM
says it was paid for by the eastern kentucky university college republicans..

Probably one guy who's an "Eastern KY College Republican", the rest are probably for Rand. I can't believe the guy is actually doing events now ... unprecendented. Maybe he'll phone it in again:p

Malachi
12-29-2009, 03:34 PM
By the same token, bashing alternative energy doesn't do any good. We don't need to pander to the coal lobby - let free markets do their thing.

The market says coal.....! Obama says no to coal!

Thargok
12-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Probably one guy who's an "Eastern KY College Republican", the rest are probably for Rand. I can't believe the guy is actually doing events now ... unprecendented. Maybe he'll phone it in again:p

He did it as a favor to the two or three former interns he has on campus, but made sure to get out in time to focus on the important issue... The UK/UCONN game that night at 9:30. It was no coincidence that the event was only an hour long, so he could get back to Boone County and watch the Cats instead of answering more than four questions.