PDA

View Full Version : Why are some people calling ron paul The insane guy?

Give me liberty
06-06-2007, 12:52 AM
:(
How can ron paul supporters combat this outrageous claim?

thuja
06-06-2007, 12:54 AM
by staying very cool and calm, telling others the truth, and finding ways to expose the media

X_805
06-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Hmm.... Quote the Constitution and ask the people to compare his views with them. That might help win over people.

SeanEdwards
06-06-2007, 01:03 AM

Well, they can't very well openly attack the US constitution, so all thats left is ad hominem smears against the one guy who actually follows the constitution.

carla8478
06-06-2007, 01:07 AM
The people who call him insane don't know their history. He is the traditional conservative republican. His views are not odd. They're only comparing him to today's republican standards which have only so recently gone awry.

Just keep promoting liberty, freedom, and a free economy with sound money.

People need to understand that the constitution is not old fashioned. Truth is truth. Issues may change but human behavior in general does not really change that much over time. That's why the lessons from the bible still apply today.

Same thing with the constitution. It was based on principle and was designed to work well with typical human behavior. (That is until we kept diluting and changing it.) We need to bring back those values.

TheDuke
06-06-2007, 01:14 AM
The people who are saying this NEVER give arguments to support their statement. And there is one simple reason for that fact: there are none ;) What can they say: he's insane because he wants Americans to stop dying or he wants to protect our borders instead of the Syrian-Iraqi border, he wants to prevent our dollar to crash, ... These are all noble causes, the only thing they could argue he's insane is because he is a politician... with a noble cause :D

Craig_R
06-06-2007, 01:15 AM

because a large percentage of people are totally clueless about civics and history. best you can do is try to re-educate them, then they'll think you're insane too.

theknightshift
06-06-2007, 01:40 AM
They're calling him "insane" in the same way that O'Brien called Winston "insane" in George Orwell's "Nineteen Eighty-Four".

Those who deviate from the Party are said to be "mentally deranged" because they are a flaw in the system. In societies that still enjoy some liberty, such people are considered "fringe" by The Powers That Be. In more totalitarian regimes, The Powers That Be have them shipped off to the gulags "for psychiatric treatment" or shot behind the chemical sheds.

If Ron Paul is not taken care of now there will be, as The Architect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Architect)put it, "an escalating probability of disaster..."

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2100/ronpaulthemediatrixsmalbq3.jpg

Silverback
06-06-2007, 01:48 AM
Yup,

In this age of mass media propaganda bordering on mind control when somebody comes along who challenges the lies that make up an individuals whole worldview people react negatively, angrily, even violently, out of pure reflex.

They lash out, but often it will plant a seed and eventually "free their mind".

Nice photoshop.

DjLoTi
06-06-2007, 02:01 AM

Here's a good way:

How can you call Ron Paul insane when 2 other candidates said preemptive nuclear war was a viable option with Iran. Why don't you talk about how insane *that* was

NewEnd
06-06-2007, 04:50 AM
Crazy is nuking or even bombing Iran. That's fucking crazy.

rp4pres
06-06-2007, 04:55 AM
Crazy is nuking or even bombing Iran. That's fucking crazy.

Hell, I thought making our children's children pay for a trillion dollar a year premptive war against a nonthreatening country was crazy. But, suggesting the "nuclear option" is on the table in dealing with Iran!?!? Thats off the hook.

wwycher
06-06-2007, 05:07 AM
Sure, nuke Iran that will show all resistance is futile. Dumbasses, the only reason they want is so we don't invade them and take their oil. They are scared shitless and I can't say I blame them. The US will use this scenario to sell a premptive conventional strike on Iran to the American people. Afterwards, the MSM will tell us "We had to they were gonna' get nukes.". I am crazy. Crazy mad at my stupid bloated government and it mouthpiece the MSM. Grrrrrr....

mconder
06-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Why are some people calling ron paul The insane guy?

That's whay they said about Galileo too. Anyone who threatens to bring down the establishment will be labeled this way.

RonPaul4President
06-06-2007, 09:36 AM
How can Ron Paul supporters combat this outrageous claim?
By letting people know what the people saying it stand for. Get information out to as many forums as possible. Let them know the truth about what the U.S. government is doing to it's own people and show how these traitors are supporting it.

AZ Libertarian
06-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Being my first post here, I would like to give everyone registered here A BIG HUG!!!!! There are NO BAD RON PAUL SUPPORTERS. Only GOOD people will support THAT WHICH IS RIGHT. Any that's what Ron is - right on target. He believes what GOOD PEOPLE believe. Which is why I registered here and why I'm answering the question posed here.
"Why are some people calling Ron Paul The insane guy?"
When a person perceives danger, whether from an imminent physical attack or from the LOSS OF SOME SECURITY (ie. family, domicile, or MONEY), the first instinct is a PERSONAL ATTACK (pre-emptive or counter-attack) on the threat.
When confronted with attacks of non-specific issues concerning Dr. Paul's 'sanity' or other equally non-sensical asides, TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT THE 'ATTACKER' STANDS TO LOSE IF RON PAUL WERE TO WIN! I believe that most of the time you will find that the attack is coming from someone who has or is making his/her living from nefarious activities that would NOT be tolerated in a United States of America that each one of us Ron Paul supporters are attempting to RESTORE TO OURSELVES AND OUR PROSPERITY! People who have made themselves RICH lining their pockets with ill-gotten gains of one type or another under the guise of 'representation'.
ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM - Don't let the bastards wear you down

enan
06-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the boards, AZ Libertarian.

So, let me get this straight. Iran using nukes - hell, anyone using nukes - is wrong. But hitting Iran with a tactical nuclear warhead is A-OK by our standards since we're the ones doing it?

What the hell is wrong with us? Can anyone point to a specific year where we fell off the edge into insanity?

Bob Cochran
06-06-2007, 01:28 PM
What the hell is wrong with us? Can anyone point to a specific year where we fell off the edge into insanity?
It was right around the time we elected Dubya for the second time. So that would be, uh, 2004.:o

IRO-bot
06-06-2007, 01:58 PM
It was right around the time we elected Dubya for the second time. So that would be, uh, 2004.:o

I'd have to disagree. Things had been sliding off the edge of insanity before King George.